Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Blood Sun Dark Depths Aggro

  1. #1

    Blood Sun Dark Depths Aggro

    If you have a blood sun in play then play a dark depths it gets no counters, so if you then blow up the blood sun you get a 20/20. The idea is if you have a blood sun in play and a cindervines (or Gsz to get wreck sage) you can wish for dark depths. Suggestions welcome, the rest of the desk is alternative wincons. Wish can also grab things for rhonas to put in or complete the hanweir combo.

    Edit: considering tks over the gsz/no items.


    4 blood sun
    4 living wish
    4 cindervines
    4 punishing fire
    3 pattern of rebirth

    3 legion warboss
    4 hanweir garrison
    2 champion of Rhonas
    1 wreck sage
    1 birds of paradise
    1 dryad arbor
    1 devoted druid
    2 green suns zenith
    1 worldspine wurm
    1 ruric thar
    1 kalonian hydra

    4 Chrome Mox
    2 hanweir battlements
    3 grove of the burnwillows
    4 ancient tomb
    10 lands

    SB:
    1 dark depths
    1 hanweir battlements
    1 emrakul
    1 griselbrand
    1 progenitus
    1 kalonian hydra
    1 wreck sage
    1 devoted druid
    7 ?
    Last edited by kinda; 05-27-2019 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

    Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

  2. #2

    Re: Blood Sun Dark Depths Aggro

    Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    If you have a blood sun in play then play a dark depths it gets no counters, so if you then blow up the blood sun you get a 20/20. The idea is if you have a blood sun in play and a cindervines (or Gsz to get wreck sage) you can wish for dark depths. Suggestions welcome, the rest of the desk is alternative wincons. Wish can also grab things for rhonas to put in or complete the hanweir combo.

    Edit: considering tks over the gsz/no items.


    4 blood sun
    4 living wish
    4 cindervines
    4 punishing fire
    3 natural order

    3 legion warboss
    4 hanweir garrison
    2 champion of Rhonas
    1 wreck sage
    1 birds of paradise
    1 dryad arbor
    1 gaddock teeg
    1 devoted Druid
    3 green suns zenith
    1 worldspine wurm
    1 ruric thar
    1 kalonian hydra

    4 Chrome Mox
    2 hanweir battlements
    3 grove of the burnwillows
    4 ancient tomb
    10 lands

    SB:
    1 dark depths
    1 hanweir battlements
    1 emrakul
    1 griselbrand
    1 progenitus
    1 champion of rhonas
    1 kalonian hydra
    8 ?
    Bloodsun does not work the way you think it does.

  3. #3

    Re: Blood Sun Dark Depths Aggro

    It does. Under Blood Sun, DD comes into play without Ice Counters. You just need to destroy your Blood Sun to summon the Token.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    The only glass cannon here is the pilot.
    I play decks with a lot of white enchantments, and white isn't even my favorite color.

  4. #4

    Re: Blood Sun Dark Depths Aggro

    Yeah it works, Matt Nass ran a mono red version with Telim'Tor's Edict: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/984135#paper .
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

    Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

  5. #5

    Re: Blood Sun Dark Depths Aggro

    Is there any merit in going Naya for Solemnity? Has the same timing restriction as Blood Sun in that it must be played before Dark Depths, but has the advatage of not needing to be destroyed. Though it is a dead card on its own, unlike Sun.

  6. #6

    Re: Blood Sun Dark Depths Aggro

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass House View Post
    Is there any merit in going Naya for Solemnity? Has the same timing restriction as Blood Sun in that it must be played before Dark Depths, but has the advatage of not needing to be destroyed. Though it is a dead card on its own, unlike Sun.
    Different deck I think, I didn't want any cards in the md which needed depths to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

    Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

  7. #7

    Re: Blood Sun Dark Depths Aggro

    This doesn't look very aggro to me, you're playing RG and not even Kird Ape! In the AGGRO deck?!?!

    Could also play Narnam Renegade, and Ernham Djinn. Thoughts?

  8. #8

    Re: Blood Sun Dark Depths Aggro

    Id play greater gargadon to eat suns and moons and goblin / hanweir tokens

  9. #9
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    4,191

    Re: Blood Sun Dark Depths Aggro

    I like the concept! I would want to try something with Bloodbraid Elf and Sylvan Scrying instead of the GSZ package; it allows the deck to be more aggressive and actually generates card advantage while doing so. The Greater Gargadon idea is pretty sexy, too. It's a strong sacrifice outlet for Blood Sun and a very fast clock. I can't help but want to use Kavu Predator and Aria of Flame as well. Fling for street cred.
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  10. #10

    Re: Blood Sun Dark Depths Aggro

    Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Id play greater gargadon to eat suns and moons and goblin / hanweir tokens
    Greater gargadon can't eat enchantments

  11. #11

    Re: Blood Sun Dark Depths Aggro

    Quote Originally Posted by beebles View Post
    Greater gargadon can't eat enchantments
    Dissapointing...

    I managed to win a game vs. UB shadow by melding hanweir garrison ...but managed to lose a game despite having a depths token...1-3 result the first try.

    The list definitely needs some adjustments...I'd do 4 gsz plus two chalice going forward i think. Chalice is rough in here and not enough green for NO.



    4 blood sun
    4 living wish
    4 cindervines
    4 punishing fire
    2 natural order
    1 pattern of rebirth
    1 umezawa's jitte

    3 legion warboss
    4 hanweir garrison
    2 champion of Rhonas
    1 wreck sage
    1 birds of paradise
    1 dryad arbor
    1 devoted Druid
    2 green suns zenith
    1 worldspine wurm
    1 ruric thar
    1 kalonian hydra

    4 Chrome Mox
    2 hanweir battlements
    3 grove of the burnwillows
    4 ancient tomb
    2 taiga
    1 rg shock
    4 forest
    3 mountain

    SB:
    1 dark depths
    1 hanweir battlements
    1 emrakul
    1 griselbrand
    1 devoted druid
    1 tks
    1 revoker
    1 kalonian hydra
    1 scooze
    2 choke
    2 trinisphere
    2 sulfur elemental
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

    Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)