1 trinisphere
    4 lotus petal
    1 LED

Other stuff (8)
    4 force of will
    2 whir of invention
    2 back to basics
    1 tezzeret the seeker

(urza is 2UU, comes into play with a karnstruct, and an ability where you tap an artifact to add U)
    (tribute mage is trinket mage for cmc 2)

SO the idea is to power out chalice on 1, ethersworn canonist/trinisphere/BTB to slow the game down, then mise/tribute mage into thopter/sword, plop the new urza down, make infinite mana/infinite thopters, then win.

It's probably not amazing, but i can def see the deck doing some damage. I'm not sure if it's worth having a karn here in place of the btb and trinisphere, and have a wish board for things like bridge, crypt, combo pieces. I can also imagine 3-4 narset is good MB against most blue decks, and possible 2-3 new teferi against control decks.

any ideas on where this deck can go?
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Re: Urza stompy. Because he's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by schweinefettmann View Post

land (20)
    4 ancient tomb
    1 city of traitors
    4 wasteland
    1 academy ruins
    1 inventors fair
    9 island

creatures (10)
    4 urza
    4 tribute mage
    2 ethersworn canonist

Artefacts (21)
    4 chalice of the void
    4 thopter foundry
    3 sword of the meek
    4 talisman of blue white
    4 azorius signet
    1 trinisphere
    4 lotus petal
    1 LED

Other stuff (8)
    4 force of will
    2 whir of invention
    2 back to basics
    1 tezzeret the seeker

(urza is 2UU, comes into play with a karnstruct, and an ability where you tap an artifact to add U)

SO the idea is to power out chalice on 1, ethersworn canonist/trinisphere/BTB to slow the game down, then mise/tribute mage into thopter/sword, plop the new urza down, make infinite mana/infinite thopters, then win.

It's probably not amazing, but i can def see the deck doing some damage. I'm not sure if it's worth having a karn here in place of the btb and trinisphere, and have a wish board for things like bridge, crypt, combo pieces. I can also imagine 3-4 narset is good MB against most blue decks, and possible 2-3 new teferi against control decks.

Force of Will and Trinisphere huh? You do understand why that is bad right?

Yea, i get that.

But it's a stompy build; trying to slow down the opponent with locks while landing combo pieces.

force/chalice are there to just survive turn 1-2 kill decks, trinisphere to slow down cantrip decks.

Aside from that, any other thoughts? i'm proxying up the urzas and tribute mages to test. i suspect it's still too glass cannony.
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Yea, i get that.

But it's a stompy build; trying to slow down the opponent with locks while landing combo pieces.

force/chalice are there to just survive turn 1-2 kill decks, trinisphere to slow down cantrip decks.

Aside from that, any other thoughts? i'm proxying up the urzas and tribute mages to test. i suspect it's still too glass cannony.
    I bet you're gonna want some more 2 mana artifacts for Tribute Mage like Sorcerers Spyglass, Phyrexian Revoker, Winter Orb, that sort of thing.
    Cockatrice: Bosque

Quote Originally Posted by Bosque View Post
    I bet you're gonna want some more 2 mana artifacts for Tribute Mage like Sorcerers Spyglass, Phyrexian Revoker, Winter Orb, that sort of thing.
    Oh right, didn't even think about that.

I've been relatively unimpressed with revoker recently though. A lot of the problem abilities i've come across are land-based, which revoker has trouble against.

But yea, especially winter orb, that seems really good considering urza turns all artefacts into mana rocks.

I'm also wondering if there's space for some number of karn, great creators. synergises with artifact lock pieces on the wish board, and allows us to custom build locks depending on who we're facing.

I made a proxy deck and tried it, and it just durdles way too much before comboing off. i think i need more interaction and/or pressuring life totals for it to really be effective.

Im convinced this is a legacy and modern deck. This isnt the best build of it in my opinion.

Id play 4 force of will and 4 force of negation. Id probably run 4 swords to plowshare, 4 brainstorm and 4 ponder obviously.. And then stoneforge (with a batterskull) and Urza as a base and then the combo.

I think that shell would be tier 1.

You could play a sideboard moat if you wanted to.

land (20)
    4 ancient tomb
    1 city of traitors
    4 wasteland
    1 academy ruins
    1 inventors fair
    9 island

creatures (10)
    4 urza
    4 tribute mage
    2 ethersworn canonist

Artefacts (21)
    4 chalice of the void
    4 thopter foundry
    3 sword of the meek
    4 talisman of blue white
    4 azorius signet
    1 trinisphere
    4 lotus petal
    1 LED

Other stuff (8)
    4 force of will
    2 whir of invention
    2 back to basics
    1 tezzeret the seeker

Wasteland has no business in this deck.
    The Night HE Came Home.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    Wasteland has no business in this deck.
    Nether does LED or Back To Basics.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

https://www.streamdecker.com/deck/lJiehLzH2u

Kanister plays this list currently in the weekly Modern challenge. Maybe there's some tech you can steal from that.

That said, why doesn't the deck run Transmute Artifact? Sacrifing a Sword to fetch Foundry sounds pretty good to me.

Edit: What about alternate wincons? Given the amount of artifacts you run, wouldn't Master of Etherium be nice? Synergizes well with the combo, too, if Urza isn't around.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

Thread Information