1 Horizon Canopy

// 17 Sorcery
    1 Doomsday
    2 Tendrils of Agony
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Dark Petition
    4 Diabolic Intent

been goldfishing a lot with this list, and am pretty happy with it now. reliquary gives you potentially a few extra shuffles and can set up something like -> sac land -> shuffle and grab a fetch. then you can fetch into dryad arbor, which gives you some extra sac fodder.
    -rob

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Re: Bolas's Swamp Thing

New vamp tutor here is great. Can replace a few spells. Enables more turn 2 citadels as well, so that's pretty exciting.

turn 1 bayou, veteran explorer
    turn 2 culling the weak, get 2 lands. cast citadel. play land, cast scheming symmetry. game over!

also turn 1 you can cast scheming symmetry for missing piece.
    turn 2 cast explorer, culling, citadel. chance to win there still exists, but need to get lucky off the top.
    -rob

Sep 2011

I thought Imperial Seal was banned in Legacy? Did they unban it?

Meh.
    Aug 2006
    Atlanta, Ga

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I thought Imperial Seal was banned in Legacy? Did they unban it?
    Stand in for Scheming Symmetry.

Tusk up.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Just fucking ban the 600 pound gorilla and be done with it. FFS

Haven't been keeping up with the previews, but scheming symetry looks amazing in this deck.

Find a balanced card, then break it.

Was going to buy a broken watch... now i may buy magic cards instead...

What is jank may never die, long live jank.

Oh, and it's hilarious that in a 1v1 match, leyline of sanctity/ivory mask/etc. effectively act as counters since the 2nd player cannot be a legal target. Whomp whomp, corner case rules are fun!

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Leyline already beat the other version, you need to run 2 doomsday to gain infinite life. The tutor just helps the consistency. Can run the extra doomsday now as it would give you 6 instant wins off the top.
    -rob

How does 2 doomsday gain infinite life? Exiling cards and paying half your life more than once, doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Since leyline will be a thing, how to circumvent that? Initial thought is something like hurricane damage that doesn't target, or a token generator like Army of the Damned or Beacon of Creation. Or just reclamation sage. But what if more than one piece of hate?
    Last edited by ahg113; 06-28-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

first doomsday builds a pile with

children of korlis + doomsday + tendrils etc.

but to simplify let's just pretend you have no goal of winning, just infinite life.

start at 7 life. cast first doomsday. go to 2. cast children, go to 1. sac children, gain 6. cast doomsday #2. rebuild the same pile and you're back at 2 life. cast children again, go to 1. sac children, gain 12 life. now you're at 13. cast doomsday, go to 5. cast children, go to 4. sac children. gain 21. etc.

at the end you can put a tendrils as one of your 5 cards as you'll have infinite storm. i also like having something like...siege rhino + cabal therapy. you can siege rhino them to death too.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    first doomsday builds a pile with

children of korlis + doomsday + tendrils etc.

but to simplify let's just pretend you have no goal of winning, just infinite life.

start at 7 life. cast first doomsday. go to 2. cast children, go to 1. sac children, gain 6. cast doomsday #2. rebuild the same pile and you're back at 2 life. cast children again, go to 1. sac children, gain 12 life. now you're at 13. cast doomsday, go to 5. cast children, go to 4. sac children. gain 21. etc.

at the end you can put a tendrils as one of your 5 cards as you'll have infinite storm. i also like having something like...siege rhino + cabal therapy. you can siege rhino them to death too.
    Hmm, you are wise and paitent. What we have here is a failure to rtfc. I missed that doomsday grabs cards from the yard as well. So spicy.

miLLe!!!!!

Sep 2004
    itaLy

Rhinotherapy doesn't loop, as therapy is exiled when flashbacking :P
    miLLe!!!!!

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by [reptiLe] View Post
    Rhinotherapy doesn't loop, as therapy is exiled when flashbacking :P
    Poop, you're right.
    -rob

Poop, you're right.
    If the Siege Rhino looping is really a necessary trick to have in the back pocket, for a SB, add in some number of Carrion Feeder, and the 2nd Doomsday could help too in the SB.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

It's not important. 🙂
    -rob

miLLe!!!!!

Sep 2004
    itaLy

It's not important. 🙂
    I didn't really care either, I just wanted to say "Rhynotherapy".
    miLLe!!!!!

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

i was just thinking, even though it's a bit of a nonbo with citadel, it might be okay to run a griselbrand or two in here. he comes down on turn 3 in this deck? is that too slow?

you can get him with turn 2 in christmas land.

turn 1 land + gsz for dryad arbor, turn 2 phyrexian tower. tap arbor, cast veteran explorer. sac arbor to tower BB. tap t1 land. BBG. use B for culling. BBBB + BG, get 2 lands. cast griselbrand....
    -rob

I think Griz is a bridge too far under normal circumstances. Maybe it's something to side into instead of Citadel G2 or G3, but the space he'd take seems very counter productive MD.

N00b question. How do taxing effects interact with Citadel's alternate casting cost ability?

Aug 2008
    Slovenia

I'd sooner run a Living Wish package then. A bit slow but you get a lot of tools

What are folks thinking about for a sideboard? I got silly and went on a spree to make this thing in paper.

Thinking beacon of creation (because i like it even though it's a bad card), black sun zenith, prenicious deed, abrupt decay, more discard(?, hymn, kozilek), black leyline, City of Solitude.
    Last edited by ahg113; 06-25-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Nov 2012
    Franklin, MA, US

Quote Originally Posted by ahg113 View Post
    I think Griz is a bridge too far under normal circumstances. Maybe it's something to side into instead of Citadel G2 or G3, but the space he'd take seems very counter productive MD.

N00b question. How do taxing effects interact with Citadel's alternate casting cost ability?
    Exactly as stated in most cases, you would pay the CMC in life and then pay x additional mana. With Trinisphere, you would pay the CMC in life and then 3 mana. Things that reduce cost would have no effect unless there was also a tax in place from something, since it is based on CMC. (i believe, after rereading it)

Thread Information