Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The London Mulligan

Re: The London Mulligan

What do you think are the odds of this not being permanent or semi-permanent? What I mean is, I haven't been paying super close attention, and do you get the vibe that this might be undone in a couple years like the scry mulligan, or does it feel more permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    Karn kills chalice :)
    When he's not playing his own!

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Snacks View Post
    What do you think are the odds of this not being permanent or semi-permanent? What I mean is, I haven't been paying super close attention, and do you get the vibe that this might be undone in a couple years like the scry mulligan, or does it feel more permanent?
    The only improvement at this point would be to go back to the very beginning and get a free new 7 if you had all lands/no lands. I don't see that happening. I think this is going to be the mulligan format for a very long time, if not for the remainder of the game's existence.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    The only improvement at this point would be to go back to the very beginning and get a free new 7 if you had all lands/no lands.
    As someone who played Manaless for an extended period of time, that would be an incredible improvement in my eyes for that archetype, for sure.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    As someone who played Manaless for an extended period of time, that would be an incredible improvement in my eyes for that archetype, for sure.
    Too good? I jest...

I feel like a deck like Manaless Dredge has enough variance built-in, moments where it's absurd and others where it crashes. I don't think it would happen, but getting a free mulligan with zero lands would be about the best next upgrade. I can't help but think that Lands would benefit as well from having all lands a higher portion of the time than other decks (but ironically might not mulligan 7 lands, depending on the mix.)

Honestly, I'm just glad WotC seems to be moving & shaking rather than sitting on its hands. Onwards and upwards.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Too good? I jest...

I feel like a deck like Manaless Dredge has enough variance built-in, moments where it's absurd and others where it crashes. I don't think it would happen, but getting a free mulligan with zero lands would be about the best next upgrade. I can't help but think that Lands would benefit as well from having all lands a higher portion of the time than other decks (but ironically might not mulligan 7 lands, depending on the mix.)

Honestly, I'm just glad WotC seems to be moving & shaking rather than sitting on its hands. Onwards and upwards.
    I mean in theory manaless could essentially just continue to Mulligan until they literally have a perfect hand. You could probably also do the same with a landless Belcher deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I mean in theory manaless could essentially just continue to Mulligan until they literally have a perfect hand. You could probably also do the same with a landless Belcher deck.
    Good point, likely a deal breaker. I suppose it could be limited to *one* free mulligan if no lands/all lands, which gives these decks in particular an edge, but their overall inconsistency in the face of hate will only elevate them to tier 2 (in my opinion.)

It's just spitballing, I love the new mulligan rule, I don't feel like they didn't go far enough or anything like that. Hell, I loved the Vancouver mulligan; it was such an improvement over the Paris mulligan.
    Brainstorm Realist

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    The old mull rule was 1 mulligan.
    -rob

Thread Information