With the release of Modern Horizons on MTGO, Modern Bridgevine has been brought back from the grave thanks to the help of Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis. On 2019-06-08 in the MTGO Modern Challenge #11885863 10 Hogaak Bridgevine decks won records of 7-0, 6-1 and 5-2. This deck is now better than ever...but can we do better??? I believe we can. I would like to add Torgaar, Famine Incarnate to Hogaak Bridgevine!

I have made the following changes to Niedzwiedz deck that went 7-0 on the above MTGO Modern Challenge

-1 Necrotic Wound
-1 Polluted Delta
-1 Carrion Feeder
+3 Torgaar, Famine Incarnate

Creatures (30)
3 Torgaar, Famine Incarnate
3 Carrion Feeder
4 Gravecrawler
4 Insolent Neonate
4 Stitcher's Supplier
4 Bloodghast
4 Vengevine
4 Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis

Spells (4)
4 Faithless Looting

Artifacts (4)
4 Altar of Dementia

Enchantments (4)
4 Bridge from Below

Lands (18)
4 Blackcleave Cliffs
4 Blood Crypt
4 Bloodstained Mire
1 Godless Shrine
4 Marsh Flats
1 Swamp

Sideboard (15)
2 Necrotic Wound
2 Silent Gravestone
1 Shenanigans
4 Wispmare
4 Leyline of the Void
2 Ingot Chewer

75 Cards Total

Within the Hogaak Bridgevine decks I have seen I have discovered that there are two flex spots. I think Torgaar, Famine Incarnate would be an excellent addition to the deck by making the above changes.

Why make the change? Well current Bridgevine has a problem with graveyard hate. You can hard cast Torgaar, Famine Incarnate for two mana. You get a 7/6 creature, can instantly bring your opponent to 10 life and can sacrifice creatures to trigger your Bridge from Below. Since your opponent is at 10 life, you can then play a land to bring back Bloodghasts and then play an additional creature to bring your Vengevine back and attack! Notice your Bloodghasts have haste since your opponent is at 10 life.

Taking up two flex spots I don't think is a problem and taking out one Carrion Feeder I also don't think is a problem since you are putting in three Torgaar, Famine Incarnate that can sacrifice your creatures.

Even before any of Modern Horizon's cards have been spoiled, I have been playing with Torgaar, Famine Incarnate in Bridgevine. I have found great joy in playing with my new found addition and I hope you will too.

Thank you for reading,

Daniel Worobec