Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post
    If you play against any fast combo deck like Belcher and they get the missing piece to go off, you lose ... Control decks just search for FoW against you.
    Yeah, it would be very different if it was instant speed, or even if Probe was legal.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Interesting..

Auratog Aggro? ;-)

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    Yeah, it would be very different if it was instant speed, or even if Probe was legal.
    I agree. If probe were legal it would allow some pretty nutty things like LED LED, swamp, this, probe hold priority crack LEDs and draw and cast ad nauseam with 1 floating and having used 0 of your rituals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

yeah well for U, one of your 12 cantrips gets you exactly there

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    yeah well for U, one of your 12 cantrips gets you exactly there
    And the difference between U and 2 life is pretty incredible in a format where simple having a land in play gives you access to 0 Mana counter spells
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post
    Auratog Aggro? ;-)
    Elephant Grass
    Mind Harness
    Mystic Remora
    Seal of Fire / Removal / Cleansing

Probably not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    Young Pyromancer, Cabal Therapy, all the cantrips in the universe...
    The interaction with Young Pyromancer could be seriously worth exploring. As a starting point I would grab a Temur Delver list and replace the Mongooses and TNNs with Pyromancers and Reefs. Maybe add Dreadhorde Arcanist too since it also pairs excellently with Pyromancer. Throw in single copies of Tempt with Vengeance and Chandra, Acolyte of Flame (the new 1RR costed one that spits out 2 elementals for 0 loyalty) for jank points.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    Elephant Grass
    Mind Harness
    Mystic Remora
    Seal of Fire / Removal / Cleansing

Probably not good enough.
    I guess also at 2CMC (down to 1 with this in play)
    Ancestral Knowledge
    Animate Dead/Dance of the Dead
    Energy Field
    Hesitation
    Legacy's Allure (no mana reduction)
    Seal of Primordium
    Standstill
    Sterling Grove (no mana reduction)

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

A 3/3 vigilance flyer that can be protected by Karakas for 3 mana (although it's Mardu, aka the worst color combination Magic). I don't think the ETB ability would matter much outside of Commander, but maybe I'm missing something. The closest thing where this might work is probably in a Humans deck where it can grab Unsettled Mariners, if that ever becomes a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I agree. If probe were legal it would allow some pretty nutty things like LED LED, swamp, this, probe hold priority crack LEDs and draw and cast ad nauseam with 1 floating and having used 0 of your rituals.
    Street Wraith and Edge of Autumn are still around, though you'll want a different combo engine than Ad Nauseam with those.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Street Wraith and Edge of Autumn are still around, though you'll want a different combo engine than Ad Nauseam with those.
    Right but those are Infinity worse cards than probe

Mar 2007

Maybe big mana decks can make use of it? Unlike Simulacrum, it can fetch nonbasics like more Posts, or Eye of Ugin or Karakas for shenanigans. Sure, Expedition Map can do the same, but gets blocked by Chalice and can't be bounced with Karakas.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    http://mythicspoiler.com/m20/cards/kaaliazenithseeker.jpg

A 3/3 vigilance flyer that can be protected by Karakas for 3 mana (although it's Mardu, aka the worst color combination Magic). I don't think the ETB ability would matter much outside of Commander, but maybe I'm missing something. The closest thing where this might work is probably in a Humans deck where it can grab Unsettled Mariners, if that ever becomes a thing.
    There could be a fun interaction with Soulflayer, but you're probably right. That said, they may print some combination of creatures that busts the ability later.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

I like it. Not overly powerful but can be easily used without spending any real resources in decks like control. This puts them at a disadvantage to do so since they wouldn't get to play as many basics. Also, nearly impossible to abuse early game.

Don't really think it's powerful enough for eternal, but I like the design.

Mar 2007

There could be a fun interaction with Soulflayer, but you're probably right. That said, they may print some combination of creatures that busts the ability later.
    Tombstalker is also a demon with cost reduction. Serra Avenger is an angel it could fetch. But all those double colored mana cost are going to clash with her own mana cost.

Seven different lands for a 2/2 zombie token is a tall order, especially since it doesn't produce colored mana and ETB tapped.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Flood of Tears 4UU
    Sorcery - Rare
    Return all nonland permanents to their owner's hands.
    If you return four or more nontoken permanents you control this way, you may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield.

I kinda like this . . . it's bounce and cheat in big guy into play. Not better than S&T for half the mana, but still cool design.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Tombstalker is also a demon with cost reduction. Serra Avenger is an angel it could fetch. But all those double colored mana cost are going to clash with her own mana cost.

Seven different lands for a 2/2 zombie token is a tall order, especially since it doesn't produce colored mana and ETB tapped.
    Its also a Zombie for every other land drop after. Still shit.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Its also a Zombie for every other land drop after. Still shit.
    It seems pretty comparable to Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle which is strong, but doesn't seem to be legacy viable.

Mar 2007

It seems pretty comparable to Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle which is strong, but doesn't seem to be legacy viable.
    Valakut isn't really Legacy-viable, either. But the Zombie land is shit.

Not too sure how this compares to the temporary removal creature cards like Palace Jailer.

Thread Information