Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Snacks View Post
    Maybe in U/R Delver? They don't play Stormchaser Mage anymore, but they still have Delver and Pteramander as flyers. They like drawing cards, and they can always cast it for 3, worst case scenario.

Night's Whisper sees play and is one to compare it to, and with this you can stay in blue.
    U/R builds at the moment are more often playing Deadhorde Arcanist instead of Pteramander and I don't think a draw 2 for 2 is likely to tempt people back when Arcanist can brainstorm/ponder/preordain/bolt from the GY every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    [Embodiment of Agonies]
    I wonder if split cards count for one or two mana costs.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I wonder if split cards count for one or two mana costs.
    I believe the rule is the whole card is taken into account for mana cost checks except when it's on the stack, so I'd expect it would count for a single, combined mana cost.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    I believe the rule is the whole card is taken into account for mana cost checks except when it's on the stack, so I'd expect it would count for a single, combined mana cost.
    WHat about hybrid and phyrexian mana costs? :)
    Let's hope it will be considered as a different mana cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    WHat about hybrid and phyrexian mana costs? :)
    Let's hope it will be considered as a different mana cost.
    Those are different costs. A phyrexian mana isn't a Blue mana, which isn't a hybrid mana.
    As for split cards, see rule 708.4b which says a split card's cost is the combined cost of both halves. Meaning Life // Death and Pernicous deed have the same cost while in the graveyard, and Giant Growth would have a different cost.

So the new demon, it counts lands as a "no-cost", right? Which should be the same as stuff like Ancestral Vision, but different than say, Tormod's Crypt. I mean, that suckers usually going to be a 4/4+, right? The biggest drawback I see is that it will count Brainstorm and Ponder as the same thing.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    So the new demon, it counts lands as a "no-cost", right? Which should be the same as stuff like Ancestral Vision, but different than say, Tormod's Crypt. I mean, that suckers usually going to be a 4/4+, right? The biggest drawback I see is that it will count Brainstorm and Ponder as the same thing.
    It says nonland cards. So you need to have a 0 cost spell in your graveyard if you want that included in the count.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

How long until Workshop is restricted in Vintage?

How long until Workshop is restricted in Vintage?
    Never. Just like Bazaar, Workshops is one of the "pillars" of Vintage, they'll just keep nuking anything that puts it over the top like Lodestone Golem. Honestly that's not better than a lot of options Shops in Vintage has now at 4 mana.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

I know there's a puresteel paladin deck in modern - plus the following as an aggro option, and maybe some tier 3 list to work in legacy?

Colossus Hammer 1
    Artifact-Equipment
    Equipped creature gets +10/+10 and loses flying.
    Equip 8

T1 Infect Elf
    T2 Sigarda's Aid, win

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Never. Just like Bazaar, Workshops is one of the "pillars" of Vintage, they'll just keep nuking anything that puts it over the top like Lodestone Golem. Honestly that's not better than a lot of options Shops in Vintage has now at 4 mana.
    Can't wait for the day where Vintage Workshop becomes a highlander clownshow with each of one card + 4x Workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    I know there's a puresteel paladin deck in modern - plus the following as an aggro option, and maybe some tier 3 list to work in legacy?

Colossus Hammer 1
    Artifact-Equipment
    Equipped creature gets +10/+10 and loses flying.
    Equip 8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLCoxzijETg

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

T1 Infect Elf
    T2 Sigarda's Aid, win
    That's a good find, although double strikers are on-color Sigarda's Aid and E-Tutor to fetch either combo piece. Might be worth brewing a janky deck with Puresteel Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    That's a good find, although double strikers are on-color Sigarda's Aid and E-Tutor to fetch either combo piece. Might be worth brewing a janky deck with Puresteel Paladin.
    And throw in Kazuul's Toll Collector and Sunforger for more fun? It seems marginal to try to put two cards together without it winning right away.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Here's an absolutely rough list

Colossus Jank

4 Puresteel Paladin
    4 SFM
    4 Kor Duelist

4 STP
    4 Sigarda's Aid
    4 Enlightened tutor
    5 Tutor Targets

4 Mox Opal
    4 Colossus Hammer
    1 Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Whatever

4 Blinkmoth Nexus
    4 Ancient Den
    12 Plains

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

A 2 mana stifle with the added bonus of being able to counter planeswalkers.

Any thoughts on Brought Back (Faith's Reward for two target permanents) in legacy? Recycling two fetchlands for WW is pretty strong.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Any thoughts on Brought Back (Faith's Reward for two target permanents) in legacy? Recycling two fetchlands for WW is pretty strong.
    Gets back Lotus Blooms
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

That's really strong conditionally. Good answer to a non-Terminus wrath effect, can rebuy planeswalkers after an Elderspell or attack phase, fetches and wastelands, any kind of sacrifice this: do something card, planeswalker re-buy after an ultimate, etc. The lack of a limit on the CMC of what you're bringing back is what makes it good.

Not Legacy relevant, but also works on Saga enchantments.

EDIT: duh, in-same-set combo with Lotus Fields sacrifice cost. That might end up being very relevant in the right deck.

Thread Information