Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post
    On mtgtop8.com you can find Legacy decklists with following token producing lands, so I don't think it's too far fetched, unless the metagame is not ripe for slow control.
    But I can remember a time when Landstill tapped eight (!) lands to produce a 2/2 Assembly Worker with Urza's Factory.

Moorland Haunt
    Kher Keep
    Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai
    Dunes of the Dead
    Gargoyle Castle
    Tomb of Urami
    Urza's Factory

The only issue I see with Field of the Dead is that it enters tapped.
    You just gave more reason why that's a bad card. Literally every card you named there is better, and yet none are played.

Hey dingdongs, stop arguing about nonsense and peep this cool card.

Probably not legacy-playable, but super cool nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

Quote Originally Posted by MScott View Post
    but since each copy can choose its own target and each copy goes on the stack seperately wouldnt it go

--casts tendrils
    places copies on stack
    loses two life for first copy targeting
    gains two life from first copy
    repeat
    The storm trigger puts all the copies on the stack at once. So the leyline triggers go on the stack after all the copies are already there.

[Storm Spell] [Storm Trigger] [Leyline Trigger]

[Storm Spell] [Storm Trigger]

[Storm Spell] ([Storm Spell] x storm count) ([Leyline trigger] x storm count)

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

How does this guy work with Reanimate? Does he enter the battlefield before you lose the life letting you draw 8 cards? If so - is that an interaction that may be worth anything or is it always better to just get Grizzy?

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post

How does this guy work with Reanimate? Does he enter the battlefield before you lose the life letting you draw 8 cards? If so - is that an interaction that may be worth anything or is it always better to just get Grizzy?
    It would see the life lost from reanimate, so yeah you would draw cards.

Don't forget about toxic deluge.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

Yes the interaction is definitely worth playing this guy as a 1 of in any decks that play 4 Reanimate + 4 Entomb. If you're planning to cast Reanimate and your life is at 15 or less (especially against aggressive or burn decks), or your opponent has a Baleful Strix on the board, this is a better option to tutor up with Entomb than Griselbrand is.

this is for when you are too short in life for Griselbrand and you have Reaninate around

Are we sure about that interaction?

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Now everyone is going to play Underworld Dreams as a sideboard!

Chain of Mephistopheles is still the best

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

New vale + city of traitors, Blood sun, amulet of vigor

Jank city here we go.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Having to pay mana to draw cards is going to be the hurdle for Vilis, Broker of Blood. If you have a reanimation spell that's not Reanimate, you're either going to have to pass the turn and hope he lives or delay going for it for a few turns, which is usually the wrong choice. Reanimator wants to go off immediately. I think Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur is a better choice than this if you want another Griselbrand-style monster.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

This guy also doesn't recoup the life you lose. I think if my opponent ever goes for this over a GBrand I'll probably be very happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

not doubts, Griselbrand is possibly the best creature in the game

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

There has to be a use for Vilis, it's absurd. He doesn't have lifelink like Griselbrand but he has an ability that says B, pay 2 life: kill target dork and draw 2 cards. The fact that you draw 8 cards after Reanimate is a very nice payoff. Griselbrand can be Needled/Revoker-ed, this guy still has a static ability that lets you draw cards. I don't think this is for BR reanimator but I think old school UB reanimator might want this as Griselbrand 5+. Drawing 8 cards with free counterspells in your deck seems pretty decent, especially considering you can now play 5+ with Force of Negation. I kinda want to jam this in a Death's Shadow/Reanimator hybrid.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

He also reads "Pay two life, hit myself if there is no other target, draw two." Having such a big ass I do not feel is accidental.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/sta...53354148900865

Apparently, Leyline of Abundance enables T2 kills.

In Legacy, you could probably play Pemmin's Aura as back-up. Noble Hiearch would also enable the combo. Main problem would be being reliant on auras, though, thus it's pretty much a no-go.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

In Legacy, you could probably play Pemmin's Aura as back-up. Noble Hiearch would also enable the combo. Main problem would be being reliant on auras, though, thus it's pretty much a no-go.
    Best you can do is probably something like this? It's still reliant on getting the Leyline in play so . . . . yeah.

4 Serum Powder
    4 Leyline of Abundance
    4 Pemmin's Aura
    4 Freed from the Real
    4 Force of Will
    4 Force of Negation
    4 Daze
    4 Misdirection
    4 Brainstorm

4 Bird of Paradise
    4 Noble Hierarch

16 Lands

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

I think in modern I could've seen people trying it. Legacy it's probably just unplayable. Although you can play daze and Force in this theoretical deck I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    ...Although you can play daze and Force in this theoretical deck I guess
    That's true as long as there's an island in the deck, irrespective of the deck.

Thread Information