Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

Core Set 2020 Spoilers

Let's get this Chandra party started!

The Rare one seems really good for Legacy.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

So another walker heavy set. At least they are not one sided Enchantments.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    So another walker heavy set. At least they are not one sided Enchantments.
    I like them all. The rare one could be good with Purphoros, God of the Forge. But these look like they are supposed to entirely replace creatures with just lots of planeswalkers as a sort-of quasi-tribe thing.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Uncounterability + immediate & repeatable emblems that are irremovable is the worst design decision I've seen since TNN.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    Uncounterability + immediate & repeatable emblems that are irremovable is the worst design decision I've seen since TNN.
    The card does cost 6... same effect on a 3 drop is ridiculous and would kill faster than a TNN if left unchecked.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

we really need an emblem remover now. Poor Chandra ToD

Great stuff. Just as we're having an indigestion of planeswalkers, here come more.

The funny bit is that someone at wotc must have thought this was a great marketing strategy, turning the game into 'creatures against planeswalkers'. Of course, you then go and read the arena beta forums and realize that new players are actually totally fed-up of playing against planeswalkers.

I didn't even have *sniff* to demand them. They're already here.

Pithing Needle is great back again

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Great stuff. Just as we're having an indigestion of planeswalkers, here come more.

The funny bit is that someone at wotc must have thought this was a great marketing strategy, turning the game into 'creatures against planeswalkers'. Of course, you then go and read the arena beta forums and realize that new players are actually totally fed-up of playing against planeswalkers.
    Planeswalkers were a mistake.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    It's the typical cycle:

Players: "We like 'thing'."

WotC: "Ok, let's overdo 'thing' until everybody and their mother is sick of it. Then we're going to jump on the next fad."

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

6 drop is really funny for belcher decks and ruby storm. not sure if it's impactful enough, but against a deck like miracles or grixis control i think it could get there.
    -rob

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

T1 Fetch land, Chrome Mox/Mox Diamond, W&6 --> Get back Fetch Land (W&6 @ 4)
    T2 Fetch land, Chandra, Acolyte of Flame --> Get back Fetch Land (W&6 @ 5), use CAF's ability (CAF @5, W&6@6)
    T3 Lighting Bolt (or any other spell you want to retrace over and over) --> use CAF's ability (CAF @6, W&6@7) --> Discard Fetch Land, Lightning Bolt (assuming you have a land to discard every turn, with Chandra still out, this is a 3 turn clock - with you killing them on turn 5).

Seems best with W&6, but also interesting with Dack Fayden, Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Saheeli Rai, & Sarkhan, Fireblood.

Really looking forward to yet another three Jace 'walkers.

Who do we think we're getting for the white ones? Elspeth returned? Ajani again? All-white Kaya?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Fuck this game. I hate walkers
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    T1 Fetch land, Chrome Mox/Mox Diamond, W&6 --> Get back Fetch Land (W&6 @ 4)
    T2 Fetch land, Chandra, Acolyte of Flame --> Get back Fetch Land (W&6 @ 5), use CAF's ability (CAF @5, W&6@6)
    T3 Lighting Bolt (or any other spell you want to retrace over and over) --> use CAF's ability (CAF @6, W&6@7) --> Discard Fetch Land, Lightning Bolt (assuming you have a land to discard every turn, with Chandra still out, this is a 3 turn clock - with you killing them on turn 5).

Seems best with W&6, but also interesting with Dack Fayden, Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Saheeli Rai, & Sarkhan, Fireblood.
    I like torch of Defiance the most here, there's some other good ones too, but this is definitely the strongest.

Let's say you have something like turn 2 Chandra ToD. Turn 3 you can +RR and csst the new one, getting +1 loyalty. Next turn you can use the +1 loyalty and get the emblem. Then you just need any 4 spells.

If looking for some weird kinds of decks you can cast seething song into tod into this new one on turn 1 if you play sol lands and ssg. Not sure if that's any good, but interesting that this line exists for a turn 2 ult torch of Defiance.
    -rob

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Really looking forward to yet another three Jace 'walkers.

Who do we think we're getting for the white ones? Elspeth returned? Ajani again? All-white Kaya?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/wizards_m...05814426021893

You'll have to wait until the next set to find out, only Chandra gets the trinity set
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    The card does cost 6... same effect on a 3 drop is ridiculous and would kill faster than a TNN if left unchecked.
    One something is the worst since a different thing, the premise is that the different thing is worse, because The comparison is more impactful the further back you go.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    6 drop is really funny for belcher decks and ruby storm. not sure if it's impactful enough, but against a deck like miracles or grixis control i think it could get there.
    T1 Chandra, emblem
    1 damage, 19
    T2, emblem
    2 damage, 17
    T3, emblem
    3 damage, 14
    T4, emblem
    4 damage, 10
    T5, emblem
    5 damage, 5
    T6 Aria of Flame!? What are you doing? 15 Cast the 4 spells you drew, 15-1-2-3-4, 5. Chandra emblem.
    They die on the upkeep.

Or they would have but on turn three they cast personal sanctuary. Sorry.

Is it just me or did they change Chandra's features to be asian in this set? Like, I did a quick google image search of Chandra to double check, and her features are pretty noticeably changed here, in all three pictures by two different artists, so it's not just one persons interpretation.

Anyone else seeing that? Or am I just old/blind/crazy?

Thread Information