Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

Aside from the rather obvious elves, it also boosts Dryard Arbor to become a pseudo-Sol Land.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post

When you tap a creature for mana, add an additional G .

I wonder if that works with the tap ability on DRS, and if the extra mana comes with the same restrictions (for example, can you tap Beastcaller Servant mana to cast a sorcery?)

Edit: Does it interact with cards like Springleaf Drum that tap creatures as a cost to produce mana?

B
    Knight of the Ebon Legion
    1/2
    Rare
    Creature - Vampire Knight
    2B: ~ gets +3/+3 and gains Deathtouch until end of turn.
    In the beginning of your end step, if any player lost 4 or more life this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on ~

Correct me if I am wrong, but you can pump this guy multiple times in the same turn no? Its a stronger card than Nantuko Shade if so.

Is this one of the top 3 best black one drop creatures ever printed? Probably has no home in legacy but I think it will be a staple in Modern Mono Black Devotion decks that play Nykthos, Shrine of Nix.

In standard currently, Mono Red Aggro, Mono Green Aggro, Mono Blue Tempo and Mono White Aggro are all viable competitive decks thanks to the Dominaria cycle, but Mono Black got screwed.
    Maybe Wizards is trying to make up for how shitty Dread Shade ended up being.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    B
    1/2
    Rare
    In the beginning of your end step, if any player lost 4 or more life this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on ~

Correct me if I am wrong, but you can pump this guy multiple times in the same turn no? Its a stronger card than Nantuko Shade if so.

Is this one of the top 3 best black one drop creatures ever printed? Probably has no home in legacy but I think it will be a staple in Modern Mono Black Devotion decks that play Nykthos, Shrine of Nix.
    It honestly might have a home in Legacy over all other formats thanks to the new Zombie dino potentially resurrecting Suicide Black. Snuff Out, etc. are all things that pump this guy.

B
    1/2
    Rare

Carrion Feeder
    Death's Shadow
    Disciple of the Vault
    Gravecrawler
    Putrid Imp
    Stitcher's Supplier

And/or Deathrite Shaman (I'd count it)

I would love nothing more than to see Sui Black make a resurgence. Sui Black has a habit of getting mana flooded and top decking Dark Rituals midgame. Atleast now, it will have something decent to do with that mana.

Carrion Feeder
    Death's Shadow
    Disciple of the Vault
    Gravecrawler
    Putrid Imp
    Stitcher's Supplier

And/or Deathrite Shaman (I'd count it)
    Fair enough but everything on that list outside of the banned card and Gravecrawler are only playable in narrow decks built around a specific combo/synergy. This guy is playable in any aggro deck that has access to black mana.

Fair enough but everything on that list outside of the banned card are only playable in narrow decks built around a specific combo/synergy. This guy is playable in any aggro deck that has access to black mana.
    I mean, the same can be said of a lot of cards, but I don't think you'd get arguments on something like "Show and Tell is one of the most powerful Blue sorceries ever printed" just because the card is narrow ;)

I think there is a 50% chance that the below card will also get spoiled in Magic 2020...

Knight of the Ivory Legion - W

Creature - Human Knight, Rare

2W: Knight of the Ivory Legion gets +3/+3 and gains Lifelink until end of turn.

In the beginning of your end step, if any player has gained 4 or more life this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Knight of the Ivory Legion.

1/2

Do you think DnT would play it?

T3 BARON SENGIR BOYYYYYEZXZZZ AND GIRRRRLLLZZZZZ
    They are not going to print any super powerful Vampires until this rotates out of standard.

Get a playset when it rotates out of standard and can be had for cheap, and file it alongside [[Didgeridoo]] as a card that will someday become amazing.

bruizar

T3 BARON SENGIR BOYYYYYEZXZZZ AND GIRRRRLLLZZZZZ

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

What about using Sorin as a cheaper Didgeridoo, or Didgeridoo 5-8? Combining him with Artificial Evolution to get Emrakul, the Aeons Torn out?

Something like the following to start?

Thunderbluff w/o Didgeridoo?

4 Sorin, Imperious Blood Lord
    4 Show & Tell

4 Artificial Evolution
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Force of Will

6 Giant Eldrazi
    4 Big Vampire

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Chrome Mox

14 Lands

bruizar

I'm liking the first 2 abilities with bloodghast

2nd ability with legions landing

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Mephidross Vampire into a walking Ballista is also funny.
    I just realized that you don't even need Mephidross Vampire for this to be good. Sorin adds deathtouch and lifelink on the creature regardless (aka Basilisk Collar), so Walking Ballista is going to murder a bunch of creatures anyway, regardless of size. Man, this card is good.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Ohhhhh, snap. Just thought of something with Field of the Dead.

Miracles -
    1. Snow-Covered Plains
    2. Snow-Covered Island
    3. Island
    4. Plains
    5. Tundra
    6. Hallowed Fountain
    7. Field of the Dead

After that every fetchland you play is a pair of 2/2's, the second of which you can summon at instant speed. Like, that's a really strong win condition, at the cost of replacing your second Tundra with a Hallowed Fountain, or maindecking the Mountain from your board.

Might also work for semi-land based decks like Two-Green/Sylvan Plug.

Snow lands are the gift that keeps on giving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Begle1 View Post
    And you also get synergy with Awakened Amalgam!
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Why are you being a snarky dipshit about a genuinely strong card interaction?
    Because you tend to get overexcited and Miracles will never, ever consider that card; the snark you got was the minimum amount that could be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    Because you tend to get overexcited and Miracles will never, ever consider that card; the snark you got was the minimum amount that could be expected.
    Honestly, Field of the Dead isnt even playable in standard or modern. It's actually one of the worst cards I have ever seen. Good luck trying to assemble your 7 lands while show and tell drops Emrakul t2 or Storm goes off t2. Like, what deck would that card even be good against? Ever hear of a card named Wasteland? Plus, miracles has no way to fetch for a land, so what run 4? What lands are you replacing? This is better then Entreat the Angels? Mentor? Jace? I don't even get why this card is being suggested at all.

May 2015
    PDX

It's honestly not too hard to get 7 land names with Standstill by playing some snow basics, I can see it as a viable SB card. Playing it main seems ambitious as it screams Azcanta must be in your deck (and Azcanta has to be working probably). Really unsure why it's etb tapped though, when it isn't going to do anything till turn 7

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    Honestly, Field of the Dead isnt even playable in standard or modern.
    Disagree, scapeshift is standard legal

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Seems pretty good... Mid-game it's a 3/4 for with upside.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post

Sylvan plug?

Mar 2007

This one should work with treasure and investigation tokens, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post

Seems pretty good indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Sylvan plug?
    Doesn't this clash with Chalice @1? For what it's worth, it could turn a City of Traitors into a land that isn't dead in the waters.

Thread Information