Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Since it's GSZ-able and Elves has untap effects, it could fetch the entire DD combo and activate it the next turn.
    I am assuming that if elves has the mana to pull that off it has the mana to just win instead though?

Is Veil of Summer the best green "counterspell" ever printed?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    I am assuming that if elves has the mana to pull that off it has the mana to just win instead though?
    That's 4 mana for the fetching. NO can win the game, but NO can't be tutored with GSZ. Could be something for more grindy games where NO is too risky, but I'm not an Elves expert.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    1x Field of the Dead

Maybe a 4-color "It's the Fear" type shell would be better? I dunno, but it's not remotely hard to build a viable legacy control deck that wins lategame off of Field thanks in very large part to Snow basics. You guys are all really sleeping on this card. It's not a format changer, but it absolutely gives any control or long-game deck a huge advantage in any game that goes long.

No, it won't stop a turn 2 Show and Tell, but why the fuck would it? That's not it's job, that's Force of Will's job. It's job is to be a huge pile of inevitability vs. other controllish decks and to get big value from fetchlands in the late game.
    I agree with you. Landstill style decks should consider this.

@morgan_coke You've said that about other cards. Put your figurative money where your mouth is; how many copies of the card in top 8 finishes of decent-sized Legacy tournaments over the next year? How many copies in Miracles lists? Greater than exactly 0?

May 2019
    San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
    Since the leyline triggers on "becoming the target", I'm fairly sure that it kills you before Tendrils will resolve. Since each copy goes on the stack targeting all at once the leyline triggers will all go on at once as well over the Tendrils triggers. Kind of the same way that Valakut triggers happen. But this is defiantly something to ask a real judge.

Stack:
    Tendrils
    Storm Trigger -- resolved
    Leyline Trigger -- resolved
    Tendrils xStormCount
    Leyline Trigger xStormCount
    but since each copy can choose its own target and each copy goes on the stack seperately wouldnt it go

--casts tendrils
    places copies on stack
    loses two life for first copy targeting
    gains two life from first copy
    repeat

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    @morgan_coke You've said that about other cards. Put your figurative money where your mouth is; how many copies of the card in top 8 finishes of decent-sized Legacy tournaments over the next year? How many copies in Miracles lists? Greater than exactly 0?
    When did this site become such a toxic dumpster? Like holy crap, someone says "this card is cool, I could see it being playable" and they get jumped by the snarkiest/trolliest people on the planet.

"This card is cool"
    "PROVE IT YOU MORON"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    When did this site become such a toxic dumpster? Like holy crap, someone says "this card is cool, I could see it being playable" and they get jumped by the snarkiest/trolliest people on the planet.

"This card is cool"
    "PROVE IT YOU MORON"
    You have no idea what you're talking about. The guy constantly trumpets bad cards as the next big thing; he says that this janky card should go in Miracles, and then calls someone a dipshit for disagreeing.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    On mtgtop8.com you can find Legacy decklists with following token producing lands, so I don't think it's too far fetched, unless the metagame is not ripe for slow control.
    But I can remember a time when Landstill tapped eight (!) lands to produce a 2/2 Assembly Worker with Urza's Factory.

Moorland Haunt
    Kher Keep
    Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai
    Dunes of the Dead
    Gargoyle Castle
    Tomb of Urami
    Urza's Factory

The only issue I see with Field of the Dead is that it enters tapped.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Updated Lotus Vale! not a mythic which is nice.
    Art will make a nice playmat.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post

Can I play this with a city of traitors out and sacrifice the city with the ability?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Can I play this with a city of traitors out and sacrifice the city with the ability?
    both triggers go on the stack when the lotus land ETB. so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post

Too bad it comes into play tapped. If it didnt, the card would have been really powerful and inspired a whole new slew of ramp decks legacy. But since it doesnt, I don't see how it could see play.

Maybe in Turbo Eldrazi as a 1 of to get with crop rotation since they're already playing Candelabras that can untap it?

It also neatly combos with blood sun.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Oh damn, that is nice.

Now I want to build a RG ramp deck that plays this guy as a tutorable 1 of alongside Blood Sun, Crop Rotation and Wren and Six.

Quote Originally Posted by MScott View Post
    but since each copy can choose its own target and each copy goes on the stack seperately wouldnt it go

--casts tendrils
    places copies on stack
    loses two life for first copy targeting
    gains two life from first copy
    repeat
    Not quite. The storm trigger is going to put all the copies on the stack at once, and you'll pick the new copies then. This leyline trigger won't trigger until the storm trigger finishes resolving. Which means the leyline triggers will all go onto the stack which will already contain storm copies.
    Then it's first in, last out.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

New lotus value is also pretty much a black lotus with amulet of vigor
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Gonna play it in a stifle deck, because unlike the old tap for a bunch lands this is a trigger and not a replacement. Yessssss.

bruizar

Lotus Field is legit good. It may come into play tapped, but the lands you sack don't have to be untapped so you don't lose that much mana. Natural Balance? Titania, Protector of Argoth?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Gonna play it in a stifle deck, because unlike the old tap for a bunch lands this is a trigger and not a replacement. Yessssss.
    Good finds. It should also play nicely with Flagstones. Or while we're at it, Cataclysm, since you're going to have quite the headstart with a land that taps for three mana. Or Winter Orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    New lotus value is also pretty much a black lotus with amulet of vigor
    Not quite, unless you played the Amulet with no lands in play. Otherwise, you would lose two cards compared to one.

Thread Information