Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 341

Thread: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

  1. #1

    Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Let's get this Chandra party started!




    The Rare one seems really good for Legacy.

  2. #2
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,826

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    So another walker heavy set. At least they are not one sided Enchantments.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  3. #3
    Force of Will is my bitch
    Finn's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2004
    Location

    South Florida
    Posts

    3,073

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    So another walker heavy set. At least they are not one sided Enchantments.
    I like them all. The rare one could be good with Purphoros, God of the Forge. But these look like they are supposed to entirely replace creatures with just lots of planeswalkers as a sort-of quasi-tribe thing.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

  4. #4

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Uncounterability + immediate & repeatable emblems that are irremovable is the worst design decision I've seen since TNN.

  5. #5
    Member
    lavafrogg's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2005
    Location

    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts

    1,316

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    Uncounterability + immediate & repeatable emblems that are irremovable is the worst design decision I've seen since TNN.
    The card does cost 6... same effect on a 3 drop is ridiculous and would kill faster than a TNN if left unchecked.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

  6. #6

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    we really need an emblem remover now. Poor Chandra ToD

  7. #7

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Great stuff. Just as we're having an indigestion of planeswalkers, here come more.

    The funny bit is that someone at wotc must have thought this was a great marketing strategy, turning the game into 'creatures against planeswalkers'. Of course, you then go and read the arena beta forums and realize that new players are actually totally fed-up of playing against planeswalkers.

  8. #8

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    I didn't even have *sniff* to demand them. They're already here.

  9. #9

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Pithing Needle is great back again

  10. #10

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Great stuff. Just as we're having an indigestion of planeswalkers, here come more.

    The funny bit is that someone at wotc must have thought this was a great marketing strategy, turning the game into 'creatures against planeswalkers'. Of course, you then go and read the arena beta forums and realize that new players are actually totally fed-up of playing against planeswalkers.
    Planeswalkers were a mistake.

  11. #11
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,690

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    The funny bit is that someone at wotc must have thought this was a great marketing strategy, turning the game into 'creatures against planeswalkers'. Of course, you then go and read the arena beta forums and realize that new players are actually totally fed-up of playing against planeswalkers.
    It's the typical cycle:

    Players: "We like 'thing'."

    WotC: "Ok, let's overdo 'thing' until everybody and their mother is sick of it. Then we're going to jump on the next fad."
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  12. #12
    Member
    mistercakes's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2009
    Location

    Berlin
    Posts

    1,956

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    6 drop is really funny for belcher decks and ruby storm. not sure if it's impactful enough, but against a deck like miracles or grixis control i think it could get there.
    -rob

  13. #13
    Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Cire's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Posts

    1,733

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    T1 Fetch land, Chrome Mox/Mox Diamond, W&6 --> Get back Fetch Land (W&6 @ 4)
    T2 Fetch land, Chandra, Acolyte of Flame --> Get back Fetch Land (W&6 @ 5), use CAF's ability (CAF @5, W&6@6)
    T3 Lighting Bolt (or any other spell you want to retrace over and over) --> use CAF's ability (CAF @6, W&6@7) --> Discard Fetch Land, Lightning Bolt (assuming you have a land to discard every turn, with Chandra still out, this is a 3 turn clock - with you killing them on turn 5).

    Seems best with W&6, but also interesting with Dack Fayden, Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Saheeli Rai, & Sarkhan, Fireblood.

  14. #14

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Really looking forward to yet another three Jace 'walkers.

    Who do we think we're getting for the white ones? Elspeth returned? Ajani again? All-white Kaya?

  15. #15
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,508

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Fuck this game. I hate walkers
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  16. #16
    Member
    mistercakes's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2009
    Location

    Berlin
    Posts

    1,956

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    T1 Fetch land, Chrome Mox/Mox Diamond, W&6 --> Get back Fetch Land (W&6 @ 4)
    T2 Fetch land, Chandra, Acolyte of Flame --> Get back Fetch Land (W&6 @ 5), use CAF's ability (CAF @5, W&6@6)
    T3 Lighting Bolt (or any other spell you want to retrace over and over) --> use CAF's ability (CAF @6, W&6@7) --> Discard Fetch Land, Lightning Bolt (assuming you have a land to discard every turn, with Chandra still out, this is a 3 turn clock - with you killing them on turn 5).

    Seems best with W&6, but also interesting with Dack Fayden, Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Saheeli Rai, & Sarkhan, Fireblood.
    I like torch of Defiance the most here, there's some other good ones too, but this is definitely the strongest.

    Let's say you have something like turn 2 Chandra ToD. Turn 3 you can +RR and csst the new one, getting +1 loyalty. Next turn you can use the +1 loyalty and get the emblem. Then you just need any 4 spells.

    If looking for some weird kinds of decks you can cast seething song into tod into this new one on turn 1 if you play sol lands and ssg. Not sure if that's any good, but interesting that this line exists for a turn 2 ult torch of Defiance.
    -rob

  17. #17
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,310

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Really looking forward to yet another three Jace 'walkers.

    Who do we think we're getting for the white ones? Elspeth returned? Ajani again? All-white Kaya?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/wizards_m...05814426021893

    You'll have to wait until the next set to find out, only Chandra gets the trinity set
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

  18. #18

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    The card does cost 6... same effect on a 3 drop is ridiculous and would kill faster than a TNN if left unchecked.
    One something is the worst since a different thing, the premise is that the different thing is worse, because The comparison is more impactful the further back you go.

  19. #19

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    6 drop is really funny for belcher decks and ruby storm. not sure if it's impactful enough, but against a deck like miracles or grixis control i think it could get there.
    T1 Chandra, emblem
    1 damage, 19
    T2, emblem
    2 damage, 17
    T3, emblem
    3 damage, 14
    T4, emblem
    4 damage, 10
    T5, emblem
    5 damage, 5
    T6 Aria of Flame!? What are you doing? 15 Cast the 4 spells you drew, 15-1-2-3-4, 5. Chandra emblem.
    They die on the upkeep.

    Or they would have but on turn three they cast personal sanctuary. Sorry.

  20. #20

    Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

    Is it just me or did they change Chandra's features to be asian in this set? Like, I did a quick google image search of Chandra to double check, and her features are pretty noticeably changed here, in all three pictures by two different artists, so it's not just one persons interpretation.

    Anyone else seeing that? Or am I just old/blind/crazy?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)