Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

Re: Core Set 2020 Spoilers

that should be the opposite. Standard should be played in case of wallet problem.

And we should just buy the deck and not boosters

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    that should be the opposite. Standard should be played in case of wallet problem.
    Standard is too expensive, having to buy new cards each set is bad and seeing all cards lose value is frustrating. I prefer buying a dual than a Standard deck

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

You forget about all those people playing limited...

With MTG Arena now I see no reason to ever spend money on standard or limited again. I've only bought two one-time bundles on there for $20 total and have four standard decks and have played an absolute ton of drafts. Me and my friends only play EDH with proxies so my only real mtg expense now is new stuff to try out with my legacy deck which there have actually been quite a few of recently but nothing especially expensive. Currently looking to get four Dreadhorde Arcanists.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    With MTG Arena now I see no reason to ever spend money on standard or limited again. I've only bought two one-time bundles on there for $20 total and have four standard decks and have played an absolute ton of drafts. Me and my friends only play EDH with proxies so my only real mtg expense now is new stuff to try out with my legacy deck which there have actually been quite a few of recently but nothing especially expensive. Currently looking to get four Dreadhorde Arcanists.
    yeah, I think that paper magic is going to die in some year. It makes so much sense for WotC to concentrate everything there. Direct platform with the customer and now the only way a player has to get a card is just with boosters.

10-0 for WotC and Arena. Imho even MtGO will lose appeal and customer care

You forget: I already own a legacy deck. Even if I already owned a standard deck too, I will have to replace it in a year.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

yeah, I think that paper magic is going to die in some year. It makes so much sense for WotC to concentrate everything there. Direct platform with the customer and now the only way a player has to get a card is just with boosters.

10-0 for WotC and Arena. Imho even MtGO will lose appeal and customer care
    As long as Paper is profitable, there's no way they're going Digital only. Arena might be successful, but even the mighty can fall (see: Hearthstone) and then WotC would be fucked. And we still haven't seen the effects of a Standard rotation on the playerbase on Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    ... And we still haven't seen the effects of a Standard rotation on the playerbase on Arena.
    Some people are starting to question it. I even read a rumour that modern horizons would be placed in arena as part of the new format.

Having said that we know scooby all for certain, rotation is around the corner and if you note the reddit thread about the last patch some people are also getting slightly miffed because all they see are cosmetic improvements and nothing else.

In summary, the natives are getting restless.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Some people are starting to question it. I even read a rumour that modern horizons would be placed in arena as part of the new format.

Having said that we know scooby all for certain, rotation is around the corner and if you note the reddit thread about the last patch some people are also getting slightly miffed because all they see are cosmetic improvements and nothing else.

In summary, the natives are getting restless.
    It's still deeper than Hearthstone. MTGA is not going to die soon too :)

And the new spoiler is... edh chaff.

https://i.redd.it/x8hyiibibv431.png

And the next, you guessed it, more edh:

https://i.redd.it/vhsrg1ussv431.jpg

Too bad Ashiok works only on the spells he controls

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Is the weird 2 way Vamp Tutor maybe good enough? Probably not without probe legal is my thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

well definitely a very good tool for combo deck when London Mulligan becomes the rule

Mar 2007

Would the Angel be any good in Modern Soul Sisters?

As for the twin tutor, Leonin Arbiter and Aven Mindcensor would probably be the best way to abuse it.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Can we just talk about how great this new vamp tutor card's art work is for a second?

Okay. That felt good.
    -rob

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

For those that don't speak German? Looks like GGGGG make a land a 5/5 until eot? Or maybe permanently
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Mar 2007

Would the Angel be any good in Modern Soul Sisters?

As for the twin tutor, Leonin Arbiter and Aven Mindcensor would probably be the best way to abuse it.

That as long as Gaea's Cradle can produce 6 or more mana, that's infinite mana and all your lands turn into permanent 5/5s with haste.

Step 1: cast duo-vamp tutor
    Step 2: cast Thought Scour
    Step 3: ????
    Step 4: Profit!
    Junk and Stoned Rhinos.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Jain_Mor View Post
    Step 1: cast duo-vamp tutor
    Step 2: cast Thought Scour
    Step 3: ????
    Step 4: Profit!
    You're an evil man. Let's throw in Surgical for good measure. Hell, you can tutor for Surgical, Scour them and draw Surgical, then entirely remove their best card.

Thread Information