Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yes, you can afford Legacy! 10 sub-$1000 decks to top 8 a 6+ rounder in last 6 months

Re: Yes, you can afford Legacy! 10 sub-$1000 decks to top 8 a 6+ rounder in last 6 mo

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Am I right in thinking that the decks above are very much meta dependant and than in a wide open field might very well stumble easily?

Re: Yes, you can afford Legacy! 10 sub-$1000 decks to top 8 a 6+ rounder in last 6 mo

Eldrazi and Affinity should be buildable for sub-$1000 if you don't run City of Traitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Eldrazi and Affinity should be buildable for sub-$1000 if you don't run City of Traitors.
    Crystal Vein is a mediocre replacement though.

In my experience most people will only play legacy with a tuned tier one or close to tier one deck even in 3 or 4 round weeknight events. The exceptions to this rule like myself are already running brews or budget decks.

If we're talking about bigger events, outside of dnt which other deck under £1k would you honestly suggest to your modern friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    In my experience most people will only play legacy with a tuned tier one or close to tier one deck even in 3 or 4 round weeknight events. The exceptions to this rule like myself are already running brews or budget decks.

If we're talking about bigger events, outside of dnt which other deck under £1k would you honestly suggest to your modern friends?
    It is true that most people are cowards and won't try interesting things
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    It is true that most people are cowards and won't try interesting things
    Think in legacy it's more that you can spend a lot of money on an 'interesting thing' or a lot of money on a good thing.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Burn.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

I playing a tuned tier 3 (at the moment) NicFit deck, still having great fun playing it :)

I played a super budget storm deck, and then manaless dredge when I was new to the format and enjoyed it a lot even if I didn't win a whole lot. It enabled me to also get a lot of insight into what the format was about, what the major archetypes are, what cards make it more interesting than other formats etc... This was pretty valuable in informing me about whether I wanted to invest in the format and what I might like to play long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Burn.
    What did your friends do to you?

@smuggo/matsu you guys are the exceptions though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Thread Information