Thread: Jund Rhino Eldrazi Goblin Solider Faerie Tokens!

Jund Rhino Eldrazi Goblin Solider Faerie Tokens!

I did manage to use all five tokens but only went 2-2 due to my poor play, the deck is sweeeet though. I beat titi phoenix and wb deadguy ale. Lost g2 and g3 to uw control due to my poor play...losing g3 to my bitterblossom with much more than lethal on board was annoying . My other loss was this enduring ideal deck I had no answers to...thinking of putting force of vigor in the sb?

4 crashing footfalls
    4 violent outburst
    2 demonic dread
    4 bloodbraid elf
    2 dreadhorde arcanist
    1 might of oaks
    2 become immense

4 hanweir garrison
    3 legion warboss
    4 shriekmaw
    2 street wraith
    1 tombstalker
    1 fulminator mage
    4 simian spirit guide

3 hanweir battlements
    1 gemstone caverns
    2 raging ravine
    16 jund lands

SB:
    4 leyline of the void
    3 bitterblossom
    2 thoughtseize
    2 faerie macabre
    2 gemstone caverns
    2 fulminator mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Re: Jund Rhino Eldrazi Goblin Solider Faerie Tokens!

I've been trying Bitterblossoms a lot lately and have come to the conclusion that you just can't play them in Modern right now. Control has too many planeswalkers that can bounce creatures and Wraths to reset you that all you're really doing is giving them a clock. As chump blockers against other more aggressive decks they also just put yourself on a clock.

Assassin's Trophy would be great card to consider as a sideboard or possibly maindeck as a catch-all, giving a basic rarely matters but being able to recast it multiple times definitely could.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    I've been trying Bitterblossoms a lot lately and have come to the conclusion that you just can't play them in Modern right now. Control has too many planeswalkers that can bounce creatures and Wraths to reset you that all you're really doing is giving them a clock. As chump blockers against other more aggressive decks they also just put yourself on a clock.

Assassin's Trophy would be great card to consider as a sideboard or possibly maindeck as a catch-all, giving a basic rarely matters but being able to recast it multiple times definitely could.
    I agree, I think bitterblossom definitely hurt my odds vs uw control. I won't run them next time. Trophy is interesting but I think I'd prefer something cmc three or more though like force of vigor so it won't get cascaded into. On the other hand violent outburst does let arcanist cast trophy...hm...
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

I haven't played modern since I ran this previously but went 3-1 this time! I still need to pick up force of vigors. Suggestions welcome! I beat urza thopters/modern dnt with eldrazi/ur titi phoenix lost to affinity.

4 crashing footfalls
    4 violent outburst
    2 demonic dread
    4 bloodbraid elf
    2 dreadhorde arcanist
    1 might of oaks
    2 become immense

4 hanweir garrison
    3 legion warboss
    4 shriekmaw
    1 tombstalker
    3 fulminator mage
    4 simian spirit guide

3 hanweir battlements
    1 gemstone caverns
    2 raging ravine
    16 jund lands

SB:
    4 leyline of the void
    3 thought hemmorhage
    2 krosan grip
    2 faerie macabre
    2 gemstone caverns
    2 choke
    Last edited by kinda; 08-15-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Winter Maze

Winter Maze

Winter Maze

Played this for a fourth time tonight, 3-1 again! Beat spirits, uw control with stoneforge, felidar seeheli combo. Lost to grixis shadow. Same list from the previous post.

Winter Maze

Thread Information