Thread: What happened to foils?

Hybrid View

bruizar

What happened to foils?

The foils in Modern Horizons hardly have any foil gloss. Some of the cards I ordered looked as though they didn't have a foil finish until I looked very carefully. Has anyone else noticed this?

Site Contributor

Dec 2013

Re: What happened to foils?

yeah, i just got a foil force of vigor and comparing it to other set foils it does seem harder to notice it is foiled.
    the thin outer color border and larger black bottom border all play a part in that.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Where about are you guys? Because over here I haven't had that issue. My copy of Hall arived today and it impressed my wife. That's rare.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

bruizar

I'm in Netherlands, so I assume we're getting Cartamundi cards from the Belgium factory. I also have a Hall of Heliod's Generosity and a Force of Vigor, so I'll post some of my foils here. Can you post your modern horizons foils here too? I'm getting a few more incoming which I'll post once they arrive.

Everything you see is foil, in case you didn't see it :/

I noticed it too, the snow covered basics are the only ones that I have seen that look impressive, otherwise from what I have seen cards don't look foiled outside of the parts where there are extreme highlights in the art/ border. Even with just a penny sleeve on it is hard to tell with some that they are foiled.

I haven't handled many foils from the set but I have noticed it a little bit.
    For example I have foil and nonfoil cave of temptations in a pauper deck (waiting for the last foil one) and I have to look very closely at the cards and angle them in the light to even tell which is which (at least when they are sleeved).
    The foil weather the storm I have is much more obvious, perhaps because the artwork of that card is generally lighter and the 'lightning streaks' pick up the foil treatment in a more noticeable way

Thread Information