Thread: [SCD] Veil of Summer

Hybrid View

bruizar

[SCD] Veil of Summer

I'm surprised there is so little talk about Veil of Summer yet. It seems great against blue and black, but also for blue and black decks to win counter wars. It is an incredibly efficient reactive counter that hoses, among other things, Storm decks. It also synergizes well with Painter's Servant, should the deck want to go RG.

Re: [SCD] Veil of Summer

I think is a "must" card un every green deck. VS discard deck like grixis, etc is an all-star

4 of even in Standard. It hoses Dimir Grixis and Esper so well..

bruizar

I predict its impact will be a little bit similar to Mental Misstep in the sense that that decks will universally find the slots needed to play Veil of Summer. Particularly to to beat interaction: proactive discard or reactive counters, but also to bolster the decks playing proactive discard or reactive counters, because it is the most interaction hoser ever printed.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

It's definitely a sick fucking card. I'm trying to think of other reasons to play green in painter though. Only think I can think of immediately is like grudge flashback for Liquimetal coating versions
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    It's definitely a sick fucking card. I'm trying to think of other reasons to play green in painter though. Only think I can think of immediately is like grudge flashback for Liquimetal coating versions
    At this point, Wrenn and Six, and Punishing Fire/Grove of the Burnwillows are the 2 biggest reasons to run RG (unless you're playing lands for gamble, exploration, crop rotation, loam). Style points for welding out artifact land and bouncing it to your hand and Welding it out again. Also, sideboard options like Force of Vigor and Choke are powerful.

There's 2 effects that have seen tournament play that we can draw from. One is Dive Down, a significantly weaker effect, was instrumental for Autumn Berchett winning world's, the other is Vines of Vastwood which is an infect staple.

Veil of Summer hoses Flusterstorm, Thoughtseize, Inquisition of Kozilek, Hymn to Tourach, Cabal Therapy, Liliana -2, Tendrils of Agony, Fatal Push, Jace TMS -1, Teferi -3, Force of Will, and all other counters.

The best reason to play green in Painter is for the Natural Order + Iona combo.

Though it is unfortunate that naming green doesn't quite synergize with Veil of Summer...

If you set servant to black, Reap has potential.

Thread Information