Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Commander 2019 Spoilers

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: Commander 2019 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Is Ravager playable in Moon Stompy?
    I'm not sure, but that attack trigger is pretty strong. If Legacy decks were trying to run Bedlam Reveler, this doesn't seem crazy to try in some way.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I'm not sure, but that attack trigger is pretty strong. If Legacy decks were trying to run Bedlam Reveler, this doesn't seem crazy to try in some way.
    Bedlam Reveler can be timed, though. This thing just runs Berserk once it's in play. Might be a good way to fuel Dreadhorde Arcanist, though.

It's probably meant to be combined with Falkenrath Gorger in a vampire deck.

May 2015
    PDX

Kadena has decent templating, but is unplayable at 4 mana; black is the odd man out in face-down stuff since DRS banned. At the end of the day we're looking at a card that is an uncastable mash-up of Obscuring Aether and Secret Plans; but at least they tried.

Kadena's Silencer is bad Willbender.

So 2 flops on the face-down side of things; which is unfortunate b/c wotc seems to understand that we need something like Workshop for face-down dude casting. It got put on an uncastable dude, and while that is cool and all, it needs to be on a land.

Ravager looks SUPER good in burn. T3 or t4 when your hand is spent and maybe have a useless land in hand? Start drawing 3 cards a turn?

Anje Falkenrath seems sweet with basking rootwalla and vengevine (though it's unfortunate it doesn't untap when you discard vine).

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    Ravager looks SUPER good in burn. T3 or t4 when your hand is spent and maybe have a useless land in hand? Start drawing 3 cards a turn?
    I was thinking Dragon Stompy. Nice mana cost, empties hand fast and has issues filling back up

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Is Ravager playable in Moon Stompy?
    Exactly my thinking

I actually have a Dragon Stompy Warrior build sleeved up with 4 Najeela, the Blade-Blossom, 4 Ahn-Crop Crasher, 3 Goblin Cratermaker and 2 Goblin Chainwhirler which I've been winning with a lot. I have 2 flex slots which I was thinking to dedicate to Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion. Ravager makes a pretty nice impression (too bad it isn't a warrior)

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Since it's repeatable card draw, I've just realized that Ravager might work very well with Words of War.

Edit: If you want to go further, going RG would give you access to Sylvan Library, W&6, Grove and Punishing Fire. That's alot of damage, plus W&6 allows you to still utilize all your land drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    Oh yeah. I agree with others that on first sight it makes one think of Dragon Stompy, but considering that most Stompy lists now lean towards a prison approach and even run Ensnaring Bridge main deck, I'm thinking that Burn might be the deck to look into.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Couple new cards:

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Not sure how yet but i feel lik k’rrrik is gonna be involved in a t2 combo.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Not sure how yet but i feel lik k’rrrik is gonna be involved in a t2 combo.
    I mean, you could certainly do some wacky stuff with him and some D Rits, but the question, as always is, would Griselbrand just be better? We'll have to see.

I mean, you could certainly do some wacky stuff with him and some D Rits, but the question, as always is, would Griselbrand just be better? We'll have to see.
    Use him to cast grisslebrand.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Use him to cast grisslebrand.
    A fair point, but lets say we are at 20, use 6 to get K'rrik in play, we have 14, use 8 to get G-Bees in play, we are at 6 and can't activate him. And that is if we had mana to use as well. Doesn't quite seem like an auto slam-dunk.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Use him to cast Obliterators for free
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Monoblack death's shadow.

A fair point, but lets say we are at 20, use 6 to get K'rrik in play, we have 14, use 8 to get G-Bees in play, we are at 6 and can't activate him. And that is if we had mana to use as well. Doesn't quite seem like an auto slam-dunk.
    It also apples to activated abilities. I don't know what to pair that with yet, but there's got to be something.

May 2015
    PDX

This Yawg'son can alt-pay for Infernal Darkness and Phyrexian Etchings right? (the CU costs)

Ravager seems good for Legacy Dredge. Putrid Imp or LED allow for casting it at the opponent's end step. I know that creatures that need to attack to function are generally not good, but this seems like it could be Dredge's Dreadhorde.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

I gave some thought to K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth. I'm not sure it has a home in Legacy due to Griselbrand existing, but it's interesting enough to brew with.

* K'rrik can be cast off Culling the Weak, so big dreamers can run out their Ornithopter on Turn 1 and just go for it.

* When K'rrik is play, all rituals net more mana.

* Infernal Tutor becomes cheaper to cast, so it's easier to chain to build up storm. Dark Petition is also stronger. Mastermind's Acquisition becomes more attractive. Ditto Ill-Gotten Gains.

* On the topic of Ill-Gotten Gains, your Duress/discard spells would be free, so you could simply recast if needed.

* K'rrik pairs naturally with Tendrils of Agony. This spitballed deck probably would play four copies.

* K'rrik makes Beseech the Queen free, so that could find Dark Ritual or LED on Turn 1, and those or Inferal Tutor or Cabal Ritual on Turn 2, which is pretty good.

* Empty the Pits is awesome and could be an Empty the Warrens-style plan. Or the deck could play Empty the Warrens instead or in addtion.

* K'rrik reduces CMC and activation for Magus of the Will. Doesn't solve summoning sickness, but it could be OK. Going solidly black-red would enable Anger.

* Also notable: K'rrik makes Hogaak actually free. Hogaak just specifies that it can't be cast with mana, but life isn't mana, so ... loophole! Probably better than Empty the Pits. Could serve as a massive mana generator with Sacrifice or Burnt Offering. Skyshroud Cutter could be another target for those if the deck splashed green. Stitcher's Supplier could be nice with Ill-Gotten Gains.

For the midrange players:

* K'rrik makes Recurring Nightmare easier to play. Priest of Gix and Gray Merchant of Asphodel would be nice.

* K'rrik soups up Pack Rat.

* K'rrik makes Vampiric Rites into more of a draw engine if you have creatures to sacrifice. Zombardment?

* Demigod of Revenge becomes free.

* K'rrik makes the Extort mechanic stronger. Thrull Parasite would be free to cast.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    I gave some thought to K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth. I'm not sure it has a home in Legacy due to Griselbrand existing, but it's interesting enough to brew with.

* K'rrik can be cast off Culling the Weak, so big dreamers can run out their Ornithopter on Turn 1 and just go for it.

* When K'rrik is play, all rituals net more mana.

* Infernal Tutor becomes cheaper to cast, so it's easier to chain to build up storm. Dark Petition is also stronger. Mastermind's Acquisition becomes more attractive. Ditto Ill-Gotten Gains.

* On the topic of Ill-Gotten Gains, your Duress/discard spells would be free, so you could simply recast if needed.

* K'rrik pairs naturally with Tendrils of Agony. This spitballed deck probably would play four copies.

* K'rrik makes Beseech the Queen free, so that could find Dark Ritual or LED on Turn 1, and those or Inferal Tutor or Cabal Ritual on Turn 2, which is pretty good.

* Empty the Pits is awesome and could be an Empty the Warrens-style plan. Or the deck could play Empty the Warrens instead or in addtion.

* K'rrik reduces CMC and activation for Magus of the Will. Doesn't solve summoning sickness, but it could be OK. Going solidly black-red would enable Anger.

* Also notable: K'rrik makes Hogaak actually free. Hogaak just specifies that it can't be cast with mana, but life isn't mana, so ... loophole! Probably better than Empty the Pits. Could serve as a massive mana generator with Sacrifice or Burnt Offering. Skyshroud Cutter could be another target for those if the deck splashed green. Stitcher's Supplier could be nice with Ill-Gotten Gains.

For the midrange players:

* K'rrik makes Recurring Nightmare easier to play. Priest of Gix and Gray Merchant of Asphodel would be nice.

* K'rrik soups up Pack Rat.

* K'rrik makes Vampiric Rites into more of a draw engine if you have creatures to sacrifice. Zombardment?

* Demigod of Revenge becomes free.

* K'rrik makes the Extort mechanic stronger. Thrull Parasite would be free to cast.
    Great list. Some other things:

Devotion works naturally with K'Rrik -> Nykthos Shrine to Nyx might be something for brewers to look into. There's a modern mono-black devotion list (https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetyp...on-60332#paper) You only need 2 spells + 2 tendrils to win by attacking with K'Rrik in addition to drainiing. The +1/+1 and life link naturally mimic the function of Tendrils of Agony. Ill-Gotten Gains makes winning incredibly easy.

K'Rrik (-6 life, storm 1) [14]
    Dark Ritual (-2 life, storm 2, BBB, +1/+1) [12]
    Tendrils of Agony (-4 life, storm 3, B, +2/+2) [8 life]
    You:+6 life [14], Opponent: -6 life [14]
    Tendrils of Agony (-4 life, storm 4, +3/+3 [10 life] <- you need 1 extra colorless mana here, either from a petal, ritual, or a land drop.
    You:+8 life [18], Opponent: -8 life [6]

K'Rrik is now a 5/5 and can swing for lethal if the opponent used a fetch land once.

Thread Information