Thread: Commander 2019 Spoilers

Hybrid View

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Commander 2019 Spoilers

We won't see spoiled cards for a couple weeks, but we may know the themes, because some store had this on their product page:

Each deck has a returning keyword ability as its main theme. The four featured abilities are populate, flashback, morph, and madness.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: Commander 2019 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    We won't see spoiled cards for a couple weeks, but we may know the themes, because some store had this on their product page:
    I hope it's true, because I never really keep the decks together, so these themes seem way better in an "incorporate the cards into other decks" way.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

WHERE ARE THE SPOILERS!?
    I need some stupid morph/manifest shenanigans card to help me make dreadnought busted again!

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    WHERE ARE THE SPOILERS!?
    I need some stupid morph/manifest shenanigans card to help me make dreadnought busted again!
    Better take this time to make sure you already own Masks before they break it and spike prices!

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Previews start Thursday night, on the stream from Gencon, then will continue next week.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Previews start Thursday night, on the stream from Gencon, then will continue next week.
    It's Thursday! SPOIL THE CARDS, COWARDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Better take this time to make sure you already own Masks before they break it and spike prices!
    How does Mask work with morph creatures? Can you "cast" them face down for 0, or does it have to be the cc on the front of the card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    How does Mask work with morph creatures? Can you "cast" them face down for 0, or does it have to be the cc on the front of the card?
    You have to pay based on the cost on the front of the card. (This seems like a question for the rules section.)

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Illusionary Mask's Oracle Text specifically refers to it's Mana Cost, so, it's not just the CMC, it's the actual Mana Cost. So, you, for example, can't activate Mask to cast Savannah Lion by paying . As far as I know, the card having a Morph Cost, only effects what can be done with the Creature once it is in play. Since the ability of Mask specifically refers to Mana Cost, I don't think you can ever cast something with Morph off Mask for , since I am unaware of any Morph thing that actually has a Mana Cost of .

You have to pay at least their normal cost like any other creature.
    BUT! If you want to turn them face-up you can using their morph ability. They will also trigger any "when you turn this face up" ability if they had one.
    Mask has no interaction whatsoever with a DFC, before anyone asks. A DFC can be cast as a face-down 2/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Despite being played less over the last few years the price has done nothing but go up.

I like these guys better than the m20 ones. They’re more niche, and actually require some amount of building around and have unique effects that make for interesting deck archetypes.

The m20 ones are just sledgehammers. Good and powerful, sure. But leads to uninteresting decks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Maybe it's just because I play Rhys, but I kind of like this card. Not going to be in my deck though, because it isn't foil though.

Creature - Kor Soldier
    Vigilance

T, Sacrifice Cliffside Rescuer: Target permanent you control gains protection from each opponent until end of turn.

Reprints of Garruk, Primal Hunter, Feldon of the Third Path, Trostani, Selesnya's Voice, Angel of Sanctions, and Lightning Greaves.

Thread Information