Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Commander 2019 Spoilers

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: Commander 2019 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Green pseudo-board wipe.
    I'm so sad that even with something like this it still doesn't beat a true name
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    At least it targets so you're not killing yourself trying to fight an undamageable tnn.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Unless im missing something scroll of fate seems like a great addition to prison style decks running multiples of trini and chalice that go to waste.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I want something like Scroll of Fate to manifest dead cards to fuel Culling the Weak to flip a Phyrexian Obliterator midcombat for a one way ticket to valuetown!

Not a first-class ticket, but meh
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

May 2015
    PDX

Not how that works; can only un-manifest creatures or keyword morph/megamorph. Blinking face-down permanent can only come back if it's a permanent.

edit: Nvm, you're talking about 3-for-1 to make a 5/5; thought you meant flipping a Culling.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Not how that works; can only un-manifest creatures or keyword morph/megamorph. Blinking face-down permanent can only come back if it's a permanent.

edit: Nvm, you're talking about 3-for-1 to make a 5/5; thought you meant flipping a Culling.
    Lol yeah kind of, hopefully it's more than 3-for-1, imagine where you're attacked with (2) 2/2's and block/Bolt one, either you're suddenly sacrificing permanents or getting hit for 5. Value!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

K'rrik might be good as a kind of Tinfins/Spanish Inq/MonoB Reanimator hybrid deck
    It's pretty good with Shallow Grave because it's a lifelink managorger hydra. If you run out of life and it has haste you can enter combat and swing, gain a bunch and keep going.
    Jet Medallion also curves into it nicely and if you play a ton of swamps you can have a resilient manabase while also having some dopey midrange backup plan of Masterminds Inquisitioning for Grave Titan or something if your opponent drops a Canonist or any hatecard on you. Seems promising

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I love this card! This makes for hilarious multiplayer magic and im sure you can combine it with other cool stuff. It’s so dumb and over the top! Fight and enrage are like peanutbutter and jelly

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    That is true, plus, if we were to cut Delver (not sure if we should or not, mind you) it does help avoid a bit of the Wrenn and Six effect, being one toughness. You lose that attempt at tempo, but Scroll should let you play a longer game, in theory. Unfortunately, that isn't where Stifle is at it's best though, but then again, Scroll mitigates that to some degree. It's hard to say what the ideal approach would be, since Scroll is such a different card than anything that was previously available for the deck.

I kind like, in theory, the idea of splashing Black, since Scroll can turn top-decked, useless, Discard spells into bodies. Not to mention, silly shit like Dark Ritual into Hymn/Therapy, with Daze backup. Plus, you know, Underground Sea is like the coolest kid in the class,
    Ironically enough, I was thinking the exact opposite. I was thinking that with this new card a splash color is even less necessary. One way Dreadstill stalls out is when it doesn't draw enough removal or finish the game fast enough without Dreadnought. This serves 2 purposes: it turns dead counterspells/lands into blockers/threats while at the same time enabling Dreadnought. I also like that it can possibly enable some pretty crazy shenanigans like with Eater of Days or other colorless w/drawback beefy boys. The only other one I can think of is Leveler, which is probably one mana too many.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    So which deck got the full spoiler today?
    The Morph Deck.

Flashback deck today:

The rumored translation:
    Instant

Cast this spell only during combat.

Your opponents can't cast spells this turn.

End the combat Phase.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Phyrexian morohnot dream dead. Rip sorta reprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Ironically enough, I was thinking the exact opposite. I was thinking that with this new card a splash color is even less necessary. One way Dreadstill stalls out is when it doesn't draw enough removal or finish the game fast enough without Dreadnought. This serves 2 purposes: it turns dead counterspells/lands into blockers/threats while at the same time enabling Dreadnought. I also like that it can possibly enable some pretty crazy shenanigans like with Eater of Days or other colorless w/drawback beefy boys. The only other one I can think of is Leveler, which is probably one mana too many.
    It depends how deep you want to go. There's the hunted series, arexmethid from the last Commander set, Lord of Tresderhorn, Waning Wurm, Nyxathid, Voracious hatchling, spined fluke, illusionary angel, the list of undercost creatures with terrible etb or "as x enters", and enters with x -1/-1 counter abilities is quite extensive.

At least it targets so you're not killing yourself trying to fight an undamageable tnn.
    It's "up to one" anyway so you can stop it at any time.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Makes it pretty obvious why Paradox Engine had to go.

Standard Showdown Basics being reprinted here.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Meh, powerful things, but quite expensive....

Check that hellkite for heat Tim.

Meh, powerful things, but quite expensive....
    So LED both discards it AND gives me 3 of 8 Mana to cast it?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

So LED both discards it AND gives me 3 of 8 Mana to cast it?
    Yeah, I mean, that works, but unless you have set the top of your deck up, the card seems wildly swingy. 8 mana for access to 3 random cards likely either wins the game, if you hit big, or nothing at all, if you hit a couple lands and something not ideal.

Yeah, I mean, that works, but unless you have set the top of your deck up, the card seems wildly swingy. 8 mana for access to 3 random cards likely either wins the game, if you hit big, or nothing at all, if you hit a couple lands and something not ideal.
    Set it up by casting it the turn before you cast it. I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Now this is an interesting card, but likely not for Legacy.

Meh, not impressed with these two.

Meh, not impressed with these two.
    Finally a way to get TNN

Thread Information