Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 444

Thread: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

  1. #241
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,743

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers



    While it can't target TNN itself, it allows sweepers and combat damage (when it blocks) to take care of it. Doesn't seem too shabby, considering you can grab a 4/3 with upside afterwards.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  2. #242

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass House View Post


    If you copy this, do you get to play one more spell per copy? This is important...

    And this new wording is relieving.
    No. The next spell will satisfy both.
    But, you can COPY that next spell as often as you want.

    Edit: You know what? I think that if you copy it the answer is no but if you cast this as the "one more spell" the answer would be yes, because each one is using a can and not a cannot.

  3. #243

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post


    While it can't target TNN itself, it allows sweepers and combat damage (when it blocks) to take care of it. Doesn't seem too shabby, considering you can grab a 4/3 with upside afterwards.
    The stomp side is a little pricey but that 4/3 body with a trigger seems good.

  4. #244

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    Good vehicle pilot at the very least. Seems pretty clearly aimed at Legacy.

    Can activate Peacewalker Colossus on it's own. Only one power short of turning on Consulate Dreadnought.

  5. #245
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,743

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    The stomp side is a little pricey but that 4/3 body with a trigger seems good.
    You can kill a X/2 and then curve into it, given the mana costs. 2 damage for certainly isn't Legacy-power level, but you aren't required to use it. Plus, you can always it at the EoT of your your opponent before jamming it.

    I can see it fitting into Moon Stompy, or maybe even other decks, depending on how good it turns out.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  6. #246

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Only one power short of turning on Consulate Dreadnought.
    Yeah, but at that point you're trying to play with entirely the wrong Dreadnought.

  7. #247

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    No, it's one more spell. If you cast 8x Final Fortune, you still lose the game after your next turn, not 8 turns later ;)
    Final Fortune and friends have rather different templating. I'm not sure it's a good comparison. (For what it's worth, there's a game loss trigger at the end of each of those 8 turns, provided you live that long.)

    I'm not sure there's a good way to template the "you may only cast one more spell this turn" without introducing the issue that Fourdogsinahorsesuit saw. Do "number of spells you may cast per turn" effects overwrite each other like effects that change maximum hand size?

  8. #248
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,743

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Good vehicle pilot at the very least. Seems pretty clearly aimed at Legacy.

    Can activate Peacewalker Colossus on it's own. Only one power short of turning on Consulate Dreadnought.
    Seems like a solid card for those crappy blue Modern Mill decks as a back-up win condition.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  9. #249

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Narset +


  10. #250
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,743

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    The combo with Narset is obviously great, but how often would realistically use the ability without her?
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  11. #251

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    The combo with Narset is obviously great, but how often would realistically use the ability without her?
    Even with narset you can only get maximum value by activating on an opponent's turn.

  12. #252
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,449

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    The combo with Narset is obviously great, but how often would realistically use the ability without her?
    Yeah, I mean, there is a huge number of cards that are absurd with Narset. The problem is, of course, that they all suck without Narset...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  13. #253

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    It is so unbelievably apparent that Devotion will matter again judging on the mana cost of some of the throne of eldraine printings that I bought a set of Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Maybe I should also grab a few copies of Burning-Tree Emissary. The Adamant mechanic, Hall of Heliod's Generosity and the confirmed new Theros set are all major signals.

    Then there are the heavy triple, quadruple and hybrid colored mana cards:
    The Magic Mirror 6UUU, realistically UUU
    Ayara, First of Lockwain BBB
    Irencrag Feat 1RRR
    Feasting Troll King 2GGGG
    4 Hybrid mana:
    Arcanist Owl
    Covetous Urge
    Elite Headhunter
    Fireborn Knight
    Loch Dragon
    Oakhame Ranger
    Thunderous Snapper


    Dig Through Time here we go again...


    Love this card. To me it seems like a blend between DTT and Search for Azcanta. (no activation cost, costs 3 mana and gets progressively more nasty, also requires a graveyard full of stuff). I can see this card get banned in standard. Do I buy it before or after this gets banned? When will they learn...

  14. #254

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    not so sure. 1 more mana give you Jace and with fetchlands and Narset, it can be as good as this while it allows you crazy plays like bouncing and killing in the long run.

    I am definitely playing the 4th Jace before the first Magic Mirror.

    Anyway UW control is long way dead, now we play UW midrange

  15. #255
    Member

    Join Date

    Nov 2007
    Location

    Germany, RLP, KO
    Posts

    432

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Seems like a solid card for those crappy blue Modern Mill decks as a back-up win condition.
    You mean for Lantern Control? Last time I checked they weren't crappy. Mill Rock and win condition in one card?

  16. #256

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post


    Dig Through Time here we go again...


    Love this card. To me it seems like a blend between DTT and Search for Azcanta. (no activation cost, costs 3 mana and gets progressively more nasty, also requires a graveyard full of stuff). I can see this card get banned in standard. Do I buy it before or after this gets banned? When will they learn...
    That card is not actually good. Costs three mana... after a ton of setup. And those three mana are all blue, which will be much harder once we lose the checklands at rotation. Takes 3 more turns after that to get you more cards than Into the Story would right away, and it's not an instant.

    There's no reason to ban this because it won't get played.

  17. #257

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    That card is not actually good. Costs three mana... after a ton of setup. And those three mana are all blue, which will be much harder once we lose the checklands at rotation. Takes 3 more turns after that to get you more cards than Into the Story would right away, and it's not an instant.

    There's no reason to ban this because it won't get played.
    The 3 blue mana is not an issue, we're walking straight into Theros here so the standard environment is designed to support that. All you need to do is play a Magic Mirror and ride it out while you one for one your opponents. You're drawing into a wall of control cards. The way I read it is: Cumulative upkeep: one sided howling mine, for 3 mana.

  18. #258

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    The 3 blue mana is not an issue, we're walking straight into Theros here so the standard environment is designed to support that. All you need to do is play a Magic Mirror and ride it out while you one for one your opponents. You're drawing into a wall of control cards. The way I read it is: Cumulative upkeep: one sided howling mine, for 3 mana.
    Also, War of the spark jace is made for this card. And Oko is a great pillowfort card as well. I totally see this happening.


  19. #259

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    That card is not actually good. Costs three mana... after a ton of setup. And those three mana are all blue, which will be much harder once we lose the checklands at rotation. Takes 3 more turns after that to get you more cards than Into the Story would right away, and it's not an instant.

    ....
    Hey, it works with Grozoth and Metalwork Colossus so it can't be all bad.

    It's a fun card, but it seems that something like JTMS is easier to cast most of the time and better at taking over the game.

  20. #260
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,449

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    The Mirror might be good in Standard, maybe Modern, but there are far too many efficient ways to answer it in Legacy, I think, that are already super playable as it is, like K Command, Grudge, 'Blasts and so on.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)