Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Modern charbelcher here we go!
    Oh, I thought Scapeshift/Titan was their Belcher.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Hmm, if Tyrant's Scorn is somewhat playable, it makes me wonder if this might be somewhat playable.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

With this a large chunk of this format's tendency to play low-cost spells and critters while filling up the yard, I'm very sure an instant this flexible is going to see play!

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Drown in the Loch seems quite good for UBx Aggro/control shells, worth running at 1-2 copies in the main 60. You don’t want it as either your main removal or counterspell options, but the hoops are fairly easy enough to jump through and it’s very versatile. I think it’s better in Modern where it can function as an arguably better Counterspell and may see play at 3-4 copies in the main deck.

I’m not complaining, but has anyone else noticed that sets in general lately have been quite pushed in terms of power level? I much prefer this to the alternative of getting a bunch of Standard/Limited jank with maybe 1 or 2 fringe playables for Eternal formats.

Quote Originally Posted by colo View Post
    With this a large chunk of this format's tendency to play low-cost spells and critters while filling up the yard, I'm very sure an instant this flexible is going to see play!
    Yes, it has a lot of potential targets in the format, though seems like it's not going to be so good on the draw. Great flexiblity though.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by wcm8 View Post
    I’m not complaining, but has anyone else noticed that sets in general lately have been quite pushed in terms of power level? I much prefer this to the alternative of getting a bunch of Standard/Limited jank with maybe 1 or 2 fringe playables for Eternal formats.
    Yeah, I don't think it's a coincidence that these sets are the ones that came to be designed when they moved from the old R&D model to the newer one with the Play/Design team, or whatever they call it. I also prefer it, myself.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by wcm8 View Post
    Drown in the Loch seems quite good for UBx Aggro/control shells, worth running at 1-2 copies in the main 60. You don’t want it as either your main removal or counterspell options, but the hoops are fairly easy enough to jump through and it’s very versatile. I think it’s better in Modern where it can function as an arguably better Counterspell and may see play at 3-4 copies in the main deck.

I think they're just more conscious of non-standard applications when making the sets than they were a few years ago. Last few sets have had loads of legacy and modern playables but also lots of great commander stuff too. Just feels like they are not only thinking of standard when they design the sets.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Hmm, if Tyrant's Scorn is somewhat playable, it makes me wonder if this might be somewhat playable.
    That is a hell of a SB card if nothing else, super good in UBW Blade.

I can't post a pic of it, and it's not like, playable or anything, but does anyone else see the card Lonesome Unicorn and immediately think of the 1980s movie "Legend" with Tom Cruise, Tim Curry, and Mia Sara?

I thought Into the Story was a reference to "The Neverending Story" another '80s classic, but I wasn't sure, now, with this one, I'm finding it a lot more believable. Now all we need is a crystal spider or fire horse or something to provide a "Krull" reference.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Not sure where it would fit, but I like the duality of being both a decent beater and a pseudo removal spell (that also gets better with first striking knights).

Edit:

Not sure if this is any good - Recurring Nightmare is probably more efficient overall.

Looks like a combo with Grenzo Dungeon Warden, ashnods altar and any of the various 1 or 2 mana etb lifeloss creatures or purphoros.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Looks like a combo with Grenzo Dungeon Warden, ashnods altar and any of the various 1 or 2 mana etb lifeloss creatures or purphoros.
    Priest of Gix + sac outlet would also work. Altar of Dementia would probably be the best, since it also makes the Cauldron cheaper. Still seems way inferior to Show & Derp or Reanimator.

I also wonder what's the green artifact of the cycle is going to be.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Recurring Nightmare is probably more efficient overall.
    But not EDH legal. Thats where this will end up.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

May 2015
    PDX

Blacklance Paragon seems pretty nuts, certainly limited-ruining. More than playable in any legacy deck which is interested in killing Goyf while improving their Burn matchup and wanting a dude to 1-shot JTMS (and to a lesser extent Wrenn w/ deal 3, force a followup [-1]).

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    I can't post a pic of it, and it's not like, playable or anything, but does anyone else see the card Lonesome Unicorn and immediately think of the 1980s movie "Legend" with Tom Cruise, Tim Curry, and Mia Sara?

I thought Into the Story was a reference to "The Neverending Story" another '80s classic, but I wasn't sure, now, with this one, I'm finding it a lot more believable. Now all we need is a crystal spider or fire horse or something to provide a "Krull" reference.
    Still crossing my fingers there's an "EXCALIBUR" of some kind. I've always thought equipment was kinda stupid, but that movie's glorious.

EDIT: Also, LEGACY PUMP KNIGHTS! Big Black needs a comeback.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Still crossing my fingers there's an "EXCALIBUR" of some kind. I've always thought equipment was kinda stupid, but that movie's glorious.

EDIT: Also, LEGACY PUMP KNIGHTS! Big Black needs a comeback.
    Excalibur is probably meant to be the 4RR thing right

I really like that DT/LL knight
    Might actually try a Haakon package in Grixis Phoenix for the Buried Alive synergy

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

This seems good, and could be a sign of some good rare lands coming. Oh, and it's not Legendary, BTW.

Something like "Locktvain Castle"
    ~ enters tapped unless you control a Swamp
    T: add
    , T: Draw a card, then you lose life equal to the number of cards in your hand

Dump your hand than draw a card for 1 life. Yes good card, but not good enough to make MBC or Pox a thing again.

This thing gonna be strong in standard, there are already lots of black midrange and control decks out there...

Also: Flavor win for Overhelmed Apprentice and Sorcerers Broom!
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    Excalibur is probably meant to be the 4RR thing right

I really like that DT/LL knight
    Might actually try a Haakon package in Grixis Phoenix for the Buried Alive synergy
    I think because feat makes 7 Mana that Excalibur will also cost 7.

Thread Information