Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 444

Thread: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

  1. #1

    Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    We don't have any spoilers yet, but that's the new set. It brings back fairies. Good thing there's not already a super-annoying standard flash only deck that will be heavily pushed by this.

    If they follow the previous design of fairies = blue guys with flash, flying, and abilities we're very likely to get some good playable Legacy creatures out of this set.

    EDIT: Official article and first spoilers coming Saturday, July 20 2019.
    Last edited by morgan_coke; 07-19-2019 at 04:54 PM.

  2. #2
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,449

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Well, MaRo already "clarified" there there will be Faeries in the set, but that is not the set's theme. So, there is a decent chance that they aren't even as "pushed" as the Lorwyn ones were. There might not even be as many, really.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  3. #3
    GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    French Riviera
    Posts

    731

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    We don't have any spoilers yet, but that's the new set. It brings back fairies. Good thing there's not already a super-annoying standard flash only deck that will be heavily pushed by this.

    If they follow the previous design of fairies = blue guys with flash, flying, and abilities we're very likely to get some good playable Legacy creatures out of this set.
    ELDraine = ELD Reign = Eldrazi Reign.
    One of the eldrazi will be in this set!!
    (Ok i'm out).

  4. #4
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,338

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    The art here reminded me of old Final Fantasy Tactics style characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

  5. #5

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    The art here reminded me of old Final Fantasy Tactics style characters.
    Well, I'm definitely seeing what look like Key Swords.

    KEYSWORDS!

  6. #6
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    4,169

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    If this is a return to Lorwyn I will be very happy. That set is easily my favorite, with flavor wins and power level to match.
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  7. #7
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,743

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/st...53319162630145

    So Eldraine is basically WotC's pop culture take on King Arther + classic fairy tales. Art direction looks good so far. Edit: Art previews here

    Although I have to question if they partly try to jump on the Fate Grand Order train (earned over 2 billions last year) after riding the Marvel comic one for so long. I mean they literally copied Archer/Unlimited Blade Works from Fate/Stay Night:



    Bonus rip-off points if they made Elspeth a Counter Guardian. Compare the face to her old Duels of the Planeswalker appearance:



    Edit:
    This world's Goldilocks is fucking hardcore:

    Last edited by Barook; 07-21-2019 at 12:33 AM.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  8. #8

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Very disappointing the presentation, he only showed more expensive boosters and more expensive cards. I'm sick of buying always new cards, I want some fun gameplay. War of the Spark was like the worst set in the last 10 years, I want this to be better as gameplay and flavour. And no more planeswalkers please

  9. #9

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    There is some VERY good art in this set.

    Anyone else think that one piece looks like its going to be Grove of the Burnwillows? We got a bunch more Horizon Canopy lands in MH1, so maybe we're getting a bunch of "opponent gains life" lands in this set?

    @Barook

    I like the other Goldilocks art better, but yeah, definitely a hardcore murder-child. Wonder if she's a legendary or one of the 'walkers for this set? That's usually the only time someone gets multiple pieces of art.

  10. #10
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,743

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    There is some VERY good art in this set.

    Anyone else think that one piece looks like its going to be Grove of the Burnwillows? We got a bunch more Horizon Canopy lands in MH1, so maybe we're getting a bunch of "opponent gains life" lands in this set?

    @Barook

    I like the other Goldilocks art better, but yeah, definitely a hardcore murder-child. Wonder if she's a legendary or one of the 'walkers for this set? That's usually the only time someone gets multiple pieces of art.
    That particular art that looks like Grove is actually a basic Swamp.

    As for PWs, Rowan Kenrith from Battlebond is confirmed for the face of the set, since it's apparently her home plane. Whether or not her twin brother also shows up is a different question.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  11. #11

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    As for PWs, Rowan Kenrith from Battlebond is confirmed for the face of the set, since it's apparently her home plane. Whether or not her twin brother also shows up is a different question.

    MaRo said that also the brother will be in, and a third unknown planeswalker that we never saw

  12. #12
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,449

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    That particular art that looks like Grove is actually a basic Swamp.


    I as hoping we might see the completion of that cycle...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  13. #13
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    4,169

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post


    I as hoping we might see the completion of that cycle...
    I think we'll see it eventually. I think it's more likely we see the completion of the Horizon lands in this set, but that's just a guess.
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  14. #14
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,449

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I think we'll see it eventually. I think it's more likely we see the completion of the Horizon lands in this set, but that's just a guess.
    Yeah, just got my hopes up for a moment, haha.

    Also, I really hope this is a highly playable card, so we are all "forced" to have Gingerbread Men in our decks:


    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  15. #15

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Also, I really hope this is a highly playable card, so we are all "forced" to have Gingerbread Men in our decks:
    If it doesn't have haste I will declare it a fail.
    Last edited by Jander78; 07-22-2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Fixed tags

  16. #16
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,449

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    We just get to see some of the "unique" cards that come in the precon "Brawl" decks for this set:

    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  17. #17
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2015
    Location

    Chilltown
    Posts

    876

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Yeah, just got my hopes up for a moment, haha.

    Also, I really hope this is a highly playable card, so we are all "forced" to have Gingerbread Men in our decks:
    The GingerDead Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by non-inflammable View Post
    If you diversified your cantrips, a chalice wouldn't be a liability.
    Quote Originally Posted by chunderbucket View Post
    You want interesting, nonbinary games? Don't make your deck so reliant on cantrips, like pretty much every above deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Almost everyone plays decks that are strictly worse 75s than the top decks - which most people could sleeve up if they wanted to, they just elected not to.

  18. #18
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,850

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    "Animate Bread."
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  19. #19
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2015
    Location

    PDX
    Posts

    1,261

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    “Ginger Avenger.“ Still it‘s nothing an En’ginger’neered Plague can‘t handle.

  20. #20

    Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

    Art style for this set looks really cool, hope the cards are good too, but the product array seems highly confusing already. Doesn't affect me as I rarely ever buy any product from WotC but gonna be bewildering for newer players.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)