Thread: Noob question about Planeswalkers (Narset)

Noob question about Planeswalkers (Narset)

Hi,
    I’ve stopped to play Magic about 20 years ago and now I’m back again. Planeswalkers are completely new for me.
    I’ve read the rules but I’ve a practical question about them focused on Narset Parter of veils.
    She has 5 loyalty. If I use 2 times her -2 ability then she will have just 1 loyalty and if I have understood well the rules I can activate an ability only if I have that same amount of loyalty available.
    Is it correct?
    So... what can I do in that situation? If her static ability isn’t very useful with the opponent with I’m playing in that moment I need to wait that the opponent kills her or get rid of her by myself or can I cast another one and choose the new one to be on the board? Like the legendary creatures/enchantments?
    I need to know how do you use her in play... I hope that my question is clear enough... English isn’t my mother language.

Thanks

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: Noob question about Planeswalkers (Narset)

Quote Originally Posted by lorydjinn View Post
    Hi,
    I’ve stopped to play Magic about 20 years ago and now I’m back again. Planeswalkers are completely new for me.
    I’ve read the rules but I’ve a practical question about them focused on Narset Parter of veils.
    She has 5 loyalty. If I use 2 times her -2 ability then she will have just 1 loyalty and if I have understood well the rules I can activate an ability only if I have that same amount of loyalty available.
    Is it correct?
    It is correct. Using loyalty counters is a cost. You need to have at least the exact number of loyalty counters to use a loyalty ability. 1 is not 2.

So... what can I do in that situation? If her static ability isn’t very useful with the opponent with I’m playing in that moment I need to wait that the opponent kills her or get rid of her by myself or can I cast another one and choose the new one to be on the board? Like the legendary creatures/enchantments?
    I need to know how do you use her in play... I hope that my question is clear enough... English isn’t my mother language.

Thanks
    You can cast another one to get rid of her. she's legendary (as all other planeswalkers even if it is not written on them).

Re: Noob question about Planeswalkers (Narset)

Thanks a lot!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Thread Information