Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raze + Arcanist + W6

Sep 2011

Re: Raze + Arcanist + W6

Weathered Wayfarer in response to Raze or Wasteland is a great way to tutor for more LD. Even more efficient than activating Elvish Reclaimer, though Reclaimer is clearly the better beatdown.

Feb 2007
    San Diego

Tested it a bit. Seems like hot garbage. Not near fast or strong enough.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Or how about instead of a Zoo shell you jam Raze into a RUG shell?
    Play Raze in place of the odd man out cards like Spell Pierce. It seems to compliment Stifle nicely. If they fetch, you Stifle. If they play a mana land, you Raze or Waste. W6 recurs Wastes and Razed Lands. Arcanist recurs Raze. That’s two ways to recur land destruction in a shell that functions just fine on two lands.

4 Delver
    4 Arcanist
    2 Goyf
    2 TNN
    4 W6
    4 Bolt
    4 BS
    4 Ponder
    4 Daze
    4 FoW
    3 Raze
    3 Stifle
    18 lands RUG manabase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    Or how about instead of a Zoo shell you jam Raze into a RUG shell?
    Play Raze in place of the odd man out cards like Spell Pierce. It seems to compliment Stifle nicely. If they fetch, you Stifle. If they play a mana land, you Raze or Waste. W6 recurs Wastes and Razed Lands. Arcanist recurs Raze. That’s two ways to recur land destruction in a shell that functions just fine on two lands.

4 Delver
    4 Arcanist
    2 Goyf
    2 TNN
    4 W6
    4 Bolt
    4 BS
    4 Ponder
    4 Daze
    4 FoW
    3 Raze
    3 Stifle
    18 lands RUG manabase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's cute in theory but I still don't think RUG can afford to 2-for-1 itself like this

I think if this idea has legs it's going to be in some kind of RW shell with flagstones (maybe with the Weathered Wayfarer idea)

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    It's cute in theory but I still don't think RUG can afford to 2-for-1 itself like this

I think if this idea has legs it's going to be in some kind of RW shell with flagstones (maybe with the Weathered Wayfarer idea)
    It could be relatively strong. Keep in mind that a good portion of "keeps" are executed on the basis of a single land and a cantrip. If you're on the play and have access to a play using Raze, it can be backbreaking for some decks - especially ones that think they're safe with basic lands against W6.

I think it would require a serious test in an active paper or competitive online environment to truly test its success rate.

Feb 2007
    San Diego

Been testing this deck quite a bit... So far, can't find a favorable matchup. Sorry guys, looks like a dead end.

Thread Information