Hi there, quick report for our second local tournament at Bristol (UK) with proxy authorised.

The first one was in August and we were 24 players, this time 32 players compete to win some duals (Volc and Trop for top2) or other staples (W6 for 3rd and 4th, fetchlands for 5th-8th)

Last time I managed to finish 7th with the following homebrew list:

7 Island
2 Swamp
4 Polluted Delta
3 Ancient Tomb
3 City of Traitors
1 Maze of Ith
1 Karakas
1 Academy Ruins
2 Wasteland

4 Soul Diviner
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Trinisphere
3 Crucible of Worlds
4 Saheeli sublime artificer
2 Tezzeret the Seeker
1 Tezzeret agent of Bolas
4 Smokestack
3 Tangle Wire
4 Mox Diamond
1 Ratchet Bomb
1 Ensnaring Bridge
1 Sorcerous Spyglass

Side:
2 Ensnaring Bridge
2 Sorcerous Spyglass
1 Llawan cephalid empress
1 Virtue's Ruin
2 Engineered Plague
2 Hibernation
1 Echoing Truth
1 Wipe Away
2 Tormod's Crypt
1 Grafdigger's Cage

Only modification I made this time was to swap 1 Soul Diviner for 1 Padeem consul of innovation

The deck basically tries to abuse the interaction between soul diviner and smokestack (or other card with counters) to create card advantage, as you can get your opponent sacrifice/tap their permanents and at their end step your remove a counter to draw, then you sac nothing and add the counter on smokestack again. Or you add a second counter so they sacrifice 2 permanents per turn when you sac 1 and draw extra cards.
Other cool interactions involve Saheeli, as she can copy any artifact/creature on your side for extra mox or surprise extra 2/3; you can even turn your ensnaring bridge into something else before you ultimate Tezzeret to attack with an army of 5/5. The tokens she creates can become big threats with both Tezzeret.
Crucible allows you to sustain the lock or just play wasteland again and again, and academy ruins brings back key artifacts. Padeem is there to protect artifacts, and (usually) provides an extra card each turn.

Round 1: Martin, Death and Taxes
I win the toss, and start with island + mox (discard karakas) for a chalice. He lands Plains, pass. I don't remember what I do turn 2, but I have a nice hand if I get more lands, but Martin drops a Thalia and a Rishadan port (I regret my Karakas now). At this stage I am really behind and he wins easily after a SFM to SoFI to bypass my zombie.
Game 2 I start again and this time I manage to find Virtue's Ruin which destroys his board. He concedes shortly afterwards.
Game 3 is very tense, I am almost dead when I topdeck Virtue's Ruin again, getting rid of Thalia and his flyer and I manage to make it a draw.
0-0-1

Round 2: Jacob, Maverick
I win the toss again, i know my opponent and I know his deck. But he is still too much fast for me with hierach, dryad, hexdrinker and KotR.
Game 2 I manage to lock him on turn 3 after he kept a greedy hand (he mulliganed once) and my chalice + tangle + smokestack is enough to make him concede.
Game 3 I made a mistake by discarding the wrong land on mox, I could have got cage and a token from Saheeli but I failed and my opponent punishes me with GSZ into Questing Beast. I could have had a blocker and prevent GSZ but that was my mistake.
0-1-1

Round 3: Dave, burn
I win the toss again, I know my opponent again and I manage to win the first game thanks to a well-timed Tezzeret agent of Bolas into drain life of 12, not enough to kill Dave but he concedes.
Game 2 I lose because eidolon pings me too much and Dave destroys the key artefacts.
Game 3 I am in a good position but a spyglass reveals fireblast and other annoying blasts, I need to not fall below 5hp which delays my game plan and Dave finally blasts me through chalices for the win.
0-2-1

Round 4: Onsin, delver Temur
I already played him last time, I did win but it was really close.
I win the toss, and he starts with some tarmogoyfs that are too big for my creatures. He wins easily.
Game 2 I expect blue creatures but I don't find what I have in the deck to stop a TNN and this time he takes the victory.
0-3-1

Round 5: Winter, Hoogak/Altar
I know she plays Hoogak but I don't know exactly which deck she plays.
I lose the toss, she starts with stitchers, drops an altar quickly and karakas does nothing against the combo so I die when dozens of zombies tokens attack.
Game 2 I manage to win when I exile the graveyard at the right time, buying enough time to drop some chalice, attack the mana base with wasteland and finally locking her.
Game 3 takes forever as again I have a soft lock that she tries to break but in the end we go to extra time and with nothing to win anymore she concedes.
1-3-1

Thanks for reading!