Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Theros: Beyond Death spoilers

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: Theros: Beyond Death spoilers

Could help Enchantress vs. Leovold, but not Narset. Still, something of an option.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2015
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I would say it's the primary plan for such a deck because an ETB I win is better than a "next time I draw"
    Actually, because it triggers on "equal to" you can combo with leveler and he fully protected from removal.... So tooth and nail?
    That's a sweet line of play. If Tooth and Nail resolves, there aren't many cards that stop that combo. Stifle, submerge, any card that forces an opponent to draw a card.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Yeah less mana for Thassa's Oracle and no need for an additional draw makes this the primary plan for the Labman deck now.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Yeah less mana for Thassa's Oracle and no need for an additional draw makes this the primary plan for the Labman deck now.
    Yeah, it should be a more efficient kill in Oops, All Spells.

Is it time for a

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post

Could help Enchantress vs. Leovold, but not Narset. Still, something of an option.
    It's interesting. For cmc4 removal there's Cast Out to compete with. Against Show and Tell or decks that only stick one creature at a time this could be better, you can drop him ahead of time and just shoot the first thing to show up. He sucks more against multiple threats and it's worth noting Sphere of Safety protects him while Elephant Grass and Solitary Confinement don't.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I would say it's the primary plan for such a deck because an ETB I win is better than a "next time I draw"
    Actually, because it triggers on "equal to" you can combo with leveler and he fully protected from removal.... So tooth and nail?
    There are lots of possibilities.

Not that it matters much, but does the X get set when the ability goes on the stack, or when it resolves?

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    There are lots of possibilities.

Not that it matters much, but does the X get set when the ability goes on the stack, or when it resolves?
    Resolution. Here's an Oracle ruling on Gary:
    If an activated ability or triggered ability has an effect that depends on your devotion to a color, you count the number of mana symbols of that color among the mana costs of permanents you control as the ability resolves. The permanent with that ability will be counted if it’s still on the battlefield at that time.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    Is it time for a [ParadigmShift]
    That is very sexy . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Maybe add some Rest in Peace and Energy Field for making sure there's nothing in the yard and buying time for finding the pieces...

Lore/Destiny/Fate Weaver 1G

Creatures and enchantment spells you control can't be countered.

3G:Target land you control becomes an X/X elemental until the end of turn with haste and trample, where X is the number of enchantments you control. It's still a land.

2/3

1G for a 2/3 that makes your creatures AND enchantments uncounterable? Seems good.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

3G:Target land you control becomes an X/X elemental until the end of turn with haste and trample, where X is the number of enchantments you control. It's still a land.

2/3

1G for a 2/3 that makes your creatures AND enchantments uncounterable? Seems good.
    Holy fuck. Even without the activated ability the static with a 2/3 body seems so pushed. And at uncommon. Christ
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Holy fuck.
    Indeed, this looks like a great build around.
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

My plan to go in on Abzan Enchantments of DOOM! is looking better and better for upcoming standard. Only downside is that now instead of a niche tricksy plan it'll be the main thing that gets banhammered after a month of everyone hating it.

Birth of Meletis and Green Omen for fixing/selection and acceleration.
    Black draw 3 for pure draw power.
    Doom Foretold and Dance of the Manse for redundancy and endgame.
    Oath of Kaya removal and lifegain (could also put white Omen here).
    Setessan Champion, Polukranos and Fate Weaver for finishers, backed up by the black Raise Dead omen.
    Throw in the WG 'walker plus various walkers of your choice from WAR..

It's a little slow, but given that Red is back to having Bolt cost 3 mana in this set, I don't think that's a huge problem.

2/3

It's also a human. And it allows to play creatures and enchantments through Counterbalance and Chalice of the Void. Could it enable cheaper Stompy variants alongside Cavern of Souls?

Lab Maniac deck backup plan?

This is a cEDH all star. Cards like Doomsday, Demonic Consultation and Tainted Pact love this.

And a better hermit druid combo.

And it improves the sacred Flash Hulk pile. Now you can do Sacred guide + Thassas Oracle and have 3 left for wild cantor/blood pet or some kind of removal.
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    Indeed, this looks like a great build around.
    Even with Green Sun's Zenith it is a hell of a 1x for like BANT? At 4x I am guessing Aggro Loam or NicFit? Shit, could be good in Elves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    So Minotaur Combo Stompy?
    What about the old DIDGERIDOO ?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Nightmare Shepherd 2BB
    Creature Enchantment - Demon
    Flying
    Every time another non token creature you control dies, you can exile it. If you do, create a 1/1 token that is a copy of that creature and it is a nightmare in addition to it's other types
    4/4

Best I can come up with is this plus Ashnod's Altar plus Eternal Scourge (cast scourge, sac it for 2 mana, get a 1/1 token sac it for 2 mana, cast scouge from exile 1 mana up). It's like a bad version of Mono-Black Food Chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Enchantress becomes so much better every time we go to Theros that Narset is back a 2-3 of

Thread Information