Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Theros: Beyond Death spoilers

Re: Theros: Beyond Death spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    2RRR? Why, that's how much mana I get from Seething Song!
    Which of course costs 2R, a cost I pay for with Desperate Ritual.
    1R, a perfect cost from Rite of Flame!
    Tap a mountain and HERE WE GO!
    (Seven mana is also how much mana I need to play and activate belcher.)
    It's interesting how much difference there is between 8 mana for Minotaur Storm and 9 mana for Dragonstorm.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    It's interesting how much difference there is between 8 mana for Minotaur Storm and 9 mana for Dragonstorm.
    How many extraneous cards did the most efficient Dragonstorm end up requiring? Because the minimum for Cow Storm is I think 9: 3 Deathbellow War Cry, 2 Kragma Warcaller, 1 Fanatic of Mogis, 1Rageblood Shaman, 1 Neheb, the Worthy and 1 Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion. Also would've old dragonstorm lists liked Irencrag Feat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    Side note: this batch of preview cards will be exclusive to theme boosters. I give them credit for not bothering to be subtle anymore with new products to milk the player base, but FU Wizards.
    I actually don't care about this change, assuming it means the draft environment stays good. I buy singles anyways so it's not like I'm cracking packs. And if I was cracking packs I think it's fine to have a choice between "Stuff for my kitchen table" and "Loot Crate"

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    How many extraneous cards did the most efficient Dragonstorm end up requiring? Because the minimum for Cow Storm is I think 9: 3 Deathbellow War Cry, 2 Kragma Warcaller, 1 Fanatic of Mogis, 1Rageblood Shaman, 1 Neheb, the Worthy and 1 Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion. Also would've old dragonstorm lists liked Irencrag Feat?
    If you're willing to use the attack step, you can win with 2 dragons like Karrthus, Tyrand of Jund + Atarka, World Render, but those piles tend to be fragile. I don't think there were ever any competent Dragonstorm lists in legacy.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    If you're willing to use the attack step, you can win with 2 dragons like Karrthus, Tyrand of Jund + Atarka, World Render, but those piles tend to be fragile. I don't think there were ever any competent Dragonstorm lists in legacy.
    Yeah and I doubt the 1 less mana and existence of feat in exchange for 3-4 more dead cards in the deck would make it competent, but would just love to play a deck called Cow Storm in Legacy. The list I provided earlier with Chalice and Moon sort of looks like it can come together, but seems like chalice isn't the best play at the moment given Oko.

4 Open
    Maybe Didgeridoo? Not great with Chalice but you can ramp it out/activate fairly quickly and it helps solve if you end up with one of the minotaurs in hand.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...ers-2019-12-17

The one that is popping out at me is Deathbellow War Cry. It's 8 mana, but you can search up Fanatic of Mogis, Kragma Warcaller, Rageblood Shaman, and Neheb, the Worthy (if you have one or no cards in hand or Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion (or perhaps Morphon)). Fanatic deals 5/6 damage, and you attack with either 29 haste, trample, first strike power or 24 haste, trample power. Of course getting to 8 is the hard part. Combine with Irencrag Feat and it's essentially a 2 card 2RRR mana combo.
    8 mana was always very easy with ruby storm.

you have a lot of options here.

adding tags for you

Fanatic of Mogis
    Kragma Warcaller
    Rageblood Shaman
    Neheb, the Worthy
    Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion
    Morophon, the boundless
    Irencrag Feat
    Ruby Medallion
    -rob

Arcane Adaptation might be worth looking into. You can also try cheating War Cry's mana cost with Mizzix's Mastery and Spellweaver Helix. Interesting to note that Helix lets you cast off of opponent spells. So you can, for instance, imprint War Cry and Ponder and threaten to go off via an opponent's Ponder.

Today the spoilers accelerate to daily. After adventure cards pushed the heck out of CA we'll see how escape does.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to get utilized in Xerox decks? 4 life point swings on each of your turns isn't too shabby for grinding your opponent out. As GY hate, it's too slow to be actually effective, but it's a nice side effect.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to get utilized in Xerox decks? 4 life point swings on each of your turns isn't too shabby for grinding your opponent out. As GY hate, it's too slow to be actually effective, but it's a nice side effect.
    I like the card but it's a 300% more expensive DRS with timing restrictions.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I like the card but it's a 300% more expensive DRS with timing restrictions.
    DRS is rightfully banned, so that's a mood point.

She seems to be a good GSZ target.

At least it can't be paired with W6 now. God what a nightmare that would have been.

So, Temur Xerox

4x GSZ
    4x Delver
    1x Klothys
    1x Arbor
    2x 'Goyf
    3x Noble

4x BS
    4x Ponder
    4x Force
    4x Bolt
    4x Oko
    4x Astrolabe

2x Rainforest
    2x Tarn
    4x Vista
    1x Snow Covered Forest
    2x Snow Covered Island
    1x Snow Covered Mountain
    4x Wasteland

I don't necessarily know that that's better than what RUG delver already runs, but I could be wrong, it's got a bit of maindeck GY hate, which is nice.
    Last edited by morgan_coke; 12-26-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

this card is really powerful. it's a DRS like mentioned, but it's not impossible to reach the 7 devotion requirement. then you have a 4/5 indestructible creature. i think the biggest thing here is that you can get it with gsz as mentioned. (could also be noted that it can be vialed in, which is pretty cool too.)

as a sidebar: it does exile graveyard, which is pretty big for a format (standard) which is effectively introducing flashback.
    -rob

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Anyway to throw Astrolab and Oko into that list? At this point seems like any deck that is UG should run that interaction.

Anyway to throw Astrolab and Oko into that list? At this point seems like any deck that is UG should run that interaction.
    That's a very good point, yeah, those should be in there for sure, honestly, I was just spitballing that list.

New THB card: pretty sure this is limited fodder, but man, what a great name:

The Binding of the Titans
    1G
    Saga
    1: Both players put top three cards of library into graveyard
    2: Exile two cards from graveyards, gain 1 life for each creature exiled this way
    3: Return a land or creature from your graveyard to your hand

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    That's a very good point, yeah, those should be in there for sure, honestly, I was just spitballing that list.

New THB card: pretty sure this is limited fodder, but man, what a great name:

The Binding of the Titans
    1G
    Saga
    1: Both players put top three cards of library into graveyard
    2: Exile two cards from graveyards, gain 1 life for each creature exiled this way
    3: Return a land or creature from your graveyard to your hand
    Also pure green mill (terrible terrible mill, but still).

And in spirit of spitballing a "Destiny Delver" list:

Xerox Shell

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    1-2 Force of Negation

Oko-Interaction

2-3 Oko
    4 Astrolab

GSZ Package

4 GSZ
    1 Gofy
    1 Arbor
    1 Klothys
    1 Ooze
    1 "Other"

"Delver" Package

4 Delver
    4 Lightning Bolt

16-18 Lands

0-4 Open Spots

I guess two drop lords are just the thing now. This one has good abilities and draws cards.
    For reference, yesterday's card was a Satyr Lord for RG that also gives haste and when 3 attack you can discard a random card to draw 2

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I guess two drop lords are just the thing now. This one has good abilities and draws cards.
    For reference, yesterday's card was a Satyr Lord for RG that also gives haste and when 3 attack you can discard a random card to draw 2
    Notably, the draw isn't connected to the tribe.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Notably, the draw isn't connected to the tribe.

This thing has to be playable in something, right? 2/2 haste that draws cards if your opponent doesn't have enough removal should be good. Then again compared to Bob it's harder to get cards off of, even if it does in theory trigger immediately.

Thread Information