Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
I think the idea behind Legacy is more popular than the format itself. There is a reason that Modern and Pioneer were created, after all.

You are missing the whole point - Legacy is not designed to appeal to new players, and honestly that would not be something you want because it would take a ridiculous amount of bans to sculpt Legacy to mimic the feel of Standard so it could appeal to them. (Wizards has the advantage of market research, so they know what their customers actually want. Whether or not they can consistently deliver is another matter, because Standard has been pretty bad for a while.) Better to let Standard appeal to new players, and then some of them will have interest in other formats eventually.
I got the whole point and I completely understand your POV. If that’s what it takes, then it needs to be done - that’s exactly what I’ve been saying. Something, anything, needs to be done to revive these formats and entice newer players into them. Otherwise, they will just rot away.

Can’t stand by for that.