Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contaminated Stockpile

bruizar

Re: Contaminated Stockpile

I would love to see some footage of this deck in action. I played a deck with Daretti and Angrath's Rampage and i hated rampage but loved daretti. That was a mardu painter list though.

Oh, and I have no idea if this is good or not, but have you considered a Kroxa :D? Faithless looting powers it up rather well and it gives you a recurring beater if you aren't relying on humility. It might suck, I have no experience with this deck so take my words with a grain of salt and feel free to shoot down my suggestions :-)

It curves like this:
    T1 Faithless Looting
    T2 Kroxa
    T3 Flashback Looting
    T4 Escape Kroxa

You can also pitch Kroxa immediately and only play it through escape to get some virtual card advantage from your looting.

With karakas you could send kroxa back with the sacrifice trigger on the stack though it's usually better to let it die

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Re: Contaminated Stockpile

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I would love to see some footage of this deck in action. I played a deck with Daretti and Angrath's Rampage and i hated rampage but loved daretti. That was a mardu painter list though.

Oh, and I have no idea if this is good or not, but have you considered a Kroxa :D? Faithless looting powers it up rather well and it gives you a recurring beater if you aren't relying on humility. It might suck, I have no experience with this deck so take my words with a grain of salt and feel free to shoot down my suggestions :-)

It curves like this:
    T1 Faithless Looting
    T2 Kroxa
    T3 Flashback Looting
    T4 Escape Kroxa

You can also pitch Kroxa immediately and only play it through escape to get some virtual card advantage from your looting.

With karakas you could send kroxa back with the sacrifice trigger on the stack though it's usually better to let it die
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Unfortunately I think there are a number of cards to consider before jumping through hoops for a vanilla 6/6. This deck struggles with unfair decks to begin wtih (any combo deck with Veil for starters). Some of its best matchups are Control decks and combo decks post-board when you take away all the discard for removal and additional hosers. Kroxa is the kind of card that brings meat to the table at a seemingly reasonable cost. Intangible Virtue tends to accomplish a similar task while being more difficult to deal with, easier to cast, and provides additional side benefits that make the deck more resilient as well.

Some changes I've contemplated lately are really subtle but they includes ways to support a pair of Daretti mainboard by going up to 21 lands (2nd Paradise), trimming a StP mainboard, and supporting a pair of Abrades postboard instead of Push. I need to test Idol of Oblivion more but in theory it makes for a great ETutor target that doesn't incur card disadvantage when used as a Phyrexian Arena with instant draw effect. The pre-board Oblivion Ring I've tested is really important when dealing with Oko G1 and is just a generally good card to have.

So far it looks like this:

Core (56)
    4 Bloodghast

2 Enlightened Tutor
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Thoughtseize
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Lingering Souls

2 Retrofitter Foundry
    2 Bitterblossom
    4 Hidden Stockpile

1 Goblin Bombardment
    1 Contamination
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Humility

1 Undiscovered Paradise
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Marsh Flats
    2 Arid Mesa
    2 Scrubland
    2 Badlands
    1 Plateau
    2 Swamp
    1 Plains
    1 Mountain
    //SB
    2 Plague Engineer or Liliana of the Veil
    2 Abrade
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Damping Sphere
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Intangible Virtue
    1 Seal of Cleansing

Flex (4)
    3rd Retrofitter Foundry
    0-1 Nihil Spellbomb
    0-1 Idol of Oblivion
    0-2 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    2nd Undiscovered Paradise or 3rd Arid Mesa

Foundry is very good with Stockpile and as a way to sink mana mid-to-late game but can be underwhelming in the first 2-3 turns of the game without Stockpile. The 3rd one is very valuable when trying to hit 1 every game but avoiding multiples early.

Nihil Spellbomb is never dead but often sub-par. Against GY decks it gives us a lot of time to setup a lock G1 and significantly increases our chances of having a G2-3.

Idol has not been tested extensively yet but has potential. Perhaps it is irrelevant too since I will likely always want to ETutor for a specific bomb or answer (see toolbox).

Daretti is a natural fit in the deck that's a happy medium between a proactive and reactive spell. It deals with most boards and problems and generates some form of advantage. It's main downside is that the CMC3 slots in this deck are already contested and that this inclusion slows down the deck even more. I think you definitely want a 21st Land if you adopt a pair of Darettis.

3rd Arid Mesa is a superior land drop that increases your odds of a good opening hand while Paradise is just a good card at enabling both Bloodghast and Revolt.

My current inclination would be to play something like:
    2 Daretti
    1 Arid Mesa
    1 Foundry or Spellbomb
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

... ffs I was trying to be funny...

Thread Information