Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Abolish the Reserve List Petition

Re: Abolish the Reserve List Petition

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Asses View Post
    You are certainly most welcome.

Although truly it is I, sir, who should be thanking you. Not only for your incredible insight, but also for the amazingly cerebral and well thought out manner in which you have delivered your responses. You honor me.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    What's the relevance of them being lands?

I see similar discussions among standard players, especially on Arena, saying "I can't believe I have to spend rare wildcards on lands". But lands are probably the most fundamental part of a deck and the most flexible cards. If you're gonna spend on anything, good land should be the thing you're more willing to spend money on than any of the other stuff which is usually more limited in application.
    There's nothing "cool" about lands. If someone is paying a premium for something, they want it to have some visceral impact. Producing 2 differnt (edited) colors of mana doesn't have that in the same way that, say, Emrakul does. Gaea's Cradle and Nykthos have more shock value for a player than Volcanic Island

EDIT: tl;dr, dual lands don't have a big, splashy effect so it throws people off when guildgates that come in untapped are over $100 each

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    There's nothing "cool" about lands. If someone is paying a premium for something, they want it to have some visceral impact. Producing 2 differnt (edited) colors of mana doesn't have that in the same way that, say, Emrakul does. Gaea's Cradle and Nykthos have more shock value for a player than Volcanic Island

EDIT: tl;dr, dual lands don't have a big, splashy effect so it throws people off when guildgates that come in untapped are over $100 each
    it's like American football. Nobody is excited to see their team draft or spend big money on an offensive lineman instead of a speedy wide receiver or an insanely talented running back, but the line is the foundation of consistency and dictates your ability to execute plays properly
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    it's like American football. Nobody is excited to see their team draft or spend big money on an offensive lineman instead of a speedy wide receiver or an insanely talented running back, but the line is the foundation of consistency and dictates your ability to execute plays properly
    Also you can use your linemen to create new teams without paying any money.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Although the petition site is web cancer, I did my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    Lands are required to play Magic games - for the most part. They’re an essential part of optimal deck building. Duals are synonymous with Legacy and Vintage.

Dropping ten or fifteen bucks a shock to play Modern versus 400 for a land in Legacy is a huge problem.
    Sure but they're also the core of every deck and useable in multiple decks, so why does them being lands matter specifically in regards to cost? If anything, surely the lands should reasonably be the most expensive bit as they're the most essential and flexible cards you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Asses View Post
    You are certainly most welcome.

Although truly it is I, sir, who should be thanking you. Not only for your incredible insight, but also for the amazingly cerebral and well thought out manner in which you have delivered your responses. You honor me.
    He's proven he's incapable of polite or sensible discussion. He wants to play legacy for less than the price of a cup of coffee. You're wasting time engaging with him.

He's proven he's incapable of polite or sensible discussion. He wants to play legacy for less than the price of a cup of coffee. You're wasting time engaging with him.
    Hahaha yeah I might've noticed that. I may just be entertaining myself at this point.

Oh no, the guy who would rather hold cards than play with them is mad at me.

Sign the petition!

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Signed.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Feb 2008
    Czech Republic

I am not going to sign:

- Not having all wanted/needed cards immediately available is exactly the way Magic has been intended to be played. Players are expected to trade cards and play for prizes/bets/ante, try various things and tune their decks in the process gradually.

- Deckbuilding on RL cards isn't a must, it's only an option. From my experience I can create decks and play eternal formats without them.
    My decks from real paper cards:

[Modern] Green Deathtouch
    [Vintage] Suicide Red
    [Casual Legacy] Blood Bats
    [Legacy] White Suspend Aggro Control

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Dwarf View Post
    I am not going to sign:

- Not having all wanted/needed cards immediately available is exactly the way Magic has been intended to be played. Players are expected to trade cards and play for prizes/bets/ante, try various things and tune their decks in the process gradually.

- Deckbuilding on RL cards isn't a must, it's only an option. From my experience I can create decks and play eternal formats without them.
    What's your record with white suspend aggro control? Post yer list.

Unban Survival of the Fittest Activist
    Oct 2016
    Netherlands

Make a petition to allow proxies on official legacy tournaments and il sign, chances are much higher WoTC goes with that, solves the problem for the newer players, helps older players too, keeps RL intact, every1 happy win/win
    Decks I own: 2x DnTx [B,G,R], Deadguy Ale, Maverick, Elves, Enchantress [WG/GU], Goblins, (Shardless) BUG, Food Chain, Aluren, High tide (reset/spiral), UR delver, RUG delver, Grixis Delver, Reanimator, Lands, Dark Depths (turbo / selesnya / hoogaak)

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value. A.E. (1879 - 1955)

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Emurian View Post
    Make a petition to allow proxies on official legacy tournaments and il sign, chances are much higher WoTC goes with that, solves the problem for the newer players, helps older players too, keeps RL intact, every1 happy win/win
    Aah, Vintage 2.0. We all know how that ends.

Feb 2008
    Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Does the AI opponent count? If so, my guess is about 80%, mainly vs Miracles and BUG_Delver.
    My decks from real paper cards:

[Modern] Green Deathtouch
    [Vintage] Suicide Red
    [Casual Legacy] Blood Bats
    [Legacy] White Suspend Aggro Control

May 2015
    PDX

Yeah suspend is really strong into opposing Teferi.

Reserve List abolishing would be quite nice; would allow Dual land reprints and Fetchland ban. Immediately unbans DRS and Dig; but can't really unban Cruise b/c of single requirement on it (too easy to cheese with Fireblast as gain 3 mana).

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsOneHorsesuit
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Dwarf View Post
    Does the AI opponent count? If so, my guess is about 80%, mainly vs Miracles and BUG_Delver.
    Finally, some good fucking food
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Seems like the trolls and RL hoarders are some of the last people left on The Source. What a shame.

I'd rather see my Tabernacle drop to 10€ (spoiler: it won't, even with the fall of the RL...not even with an actual reprint) than to not have Legacy at my FNM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Seems like the trolls and RL hoarders are some of the last people left on The Source. What a shame.

I'd rather see my Tabernacle drop to 10€ (spoiler: it won't, even with the fall of the RL...not even with an actual reprint) than to not have Legacy at my FNM.
    Exactly.

Thread Information