With the creation of Pioneer, two formats are on the chopping block. One is Modern, the other is Legacy. The next two years will see one of these two formats die and its playerbase cannibalized by the others. So from now on, it is war.

Legacy *is* by far the *better* format, but it currently stands to lose out. So us Legacy players must find a way to turn the tide.

I've lived in China for the past 12 years. The playerbase here is basically 99% Modern. There are a lot of players I've met interested in Legacy, since Modern is shit, but there is ONE issue that prevents them from buying into Legacy -

Dual lands.

When I talk to players here about Legacy, they ALWAYS say, "yeah I would love to play Legacy, but I'm afraid of buying fake dual lands." Obviously, this is a very real concern in China.

Sure, this might be a China-specific case, but it points to the larger issue at hand. Duals ARE the biggest entry barrier to Legacy. Duals are going to be the reason Legacy is going to die to Modern.

Dual lands must be incised to save Legacy. WotC isn't going to revoke the Reserve List. This is the only way for us to win this war.