Thread: demonic tutor

bruizar

demonic tutor

ok, i get it. New art, crazy stuff. But this goes beyond me, can anyone explain? Mama is evil because she lies? Evil as in a demon? She sees things that are not on the art?

Re: demonic tutor

I'm guessing the demon is the evil one. Or the doll is possessed. It doesn't exactly look pleasant to me.

Or perhaps the caster as the girl is looking at the person holding the card? That might be a stretch though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    ok, i get it. New art, crazy stuff. But this goes beyond me, can anyone explain? Mama is evil because she lies? Evil as in a demon? She sees things that are not on the art?
    No, mama says the doll (which is the demon) is a liar, because she likely, one, doesn't believe the doll is really talking, two, is telling the girl that what the girl is saying the doll is saying is not true. The girl says, "no, I know you'd never lie to me" (to the demon doll) because she is brainwashed by the demon-doll, likely because the demon-doll tells her what she wants to hear, like Demonic Tutor gives you whatever card you want (i.e. what you want to hear).

Mama is likely a perfectly rational (non-evil) person.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

The girl is talking to the doll...telling the doll that her mother thinks its her imagination, but its not.

Zoom in on the doll’s eyes. Terrifying.

bruizar

ok thanks for clarifying. I get it now. That's actually disturbing haha.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Everything about this printing is actually great, minus that giant, garish watermark.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Everything about this printing is actually great, minus that giant, garish watermark.
    The watermark is giant and garish, but at least is has the fidelity to look like an owl, unlike the set symbol, which is a bowling ball with pigatils
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Thread Information