Thread: Possibility Storm

Possibility Storm

I'd like to build orcish lumberjack into possibility storm but I'm not sure the best way to win then. In pioneer adventures into enter the infinite then borbyrygmos is used but there must be something better we could use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

May 2015
    PDX

Re: Possibility Storm

Well the next best step after playing Lumberjack (since Wrenn is banned) would probably be Klothys, God of Destiny. You’re operating with at least 1 land at that point [so 4 mana] which means you are on Veil of Summer to push through Klothys. Add some generically good cards like Library, Bolt, Abrade (yes maindeck, you need to be able to kill Chalice), GSZ/Scooze/Hierarch/Teeg, etc... Can’t afford the drawstep variance that comes stapled onto Mox Diamond, KotR, and high land counts. Then uh, find something cool to do with the red mana like Chandra or somesuch.

Sideboard some REBs, Carpet, Surgical, and Return to Nature.

Lumberjack x4
    Klothys x4
    Hierarch x4
    GSZ x4
    Veil x4
    Bolt x4
    Abrade x3
    Library x3
    Chandra, ToD x2
    Oko x2
    Astrolabe x3

Teeg x1
    Scooze x1
    Questing Beast x1

Arbor x1
    Trop x2
    Snow-Forest x2
    Snow-Mountain x1
    Taiga x4
    Fetch x10

You’re never beating SnT, but that’s to be expected. The issue with Possibility Storm is that you’re never resolving that (5 max mana on turn 2), and PWs are safer and cheaper. You also need creatures coming in at 1cmc to distract kill spells away from Lumberjack. Can change some numbers around in the main to accommodate Crucible Snake and Collector Ouphe.

Re: Possibility Storm

Possibility Storm is 5 mana so it's doable. If you mean with Veil backup, you could play Simian/ Elvish Spirit Guides for that. If you don't need to Veil, then Spirit Guide mana can be used to cast Heart's Desire immediately.

Adventures into Sorcery seem the best way to abuse Possibility Storm. If you use Enter the Infinite you can have a different creature besides Bouroborys, Thassa's Oracle for example would also win.

Colors are a little weird since you are already commiting to RR (for Lumberjack and Possibility Storm), G (for Adventures and forests) and U (because it's Legacy). Then you possibly want W for Enlightened Tutor.

Thread Information