Thread: [Deck] Trash For Welder

[Deck] Trash For Welder

Hey there folks!
    I've been thinking about developing a sort of budget-ish deck in legacy that could see some play and perform relatively well at a cost of being mono colored (aka with no dual lands).
    Even tought I really like High Tide and Burn, I wanted to develop something around this amazing card that I am fascinated about: Phyrexian Dreadnought
    My first try was with monoblue Stiflenought. I really liked the deck, and adding stuff like Delver of Secrets and True-Name Nemesis adds more "win-cons" (if you can name it like that) to the table.

But, as you all know, with cards like Abrut Decay, Assassin's trophy, Fatal Push and Isolate in Legacy, even with the backup of FoW and Dazes, things get really difficult sometimes (even worse when you get your big boy Surgical Extracted). And I thought that the monoblue was like an All-In version.
    So I came up with this list. A mix of Phyrexian Dreadnought and the Goblin Welder mechanic. Trying to throw some curve balls at the legacy meta. Of course, things are under development (for example Torpor Orb cancels Goblin Engineer ETB ability), and I've tried a few different versions on Cockatrice, but still feel that something is missing.

That's why I am sharing with you guys, so I can get the help of this amazing community. The list is also sort of meta-based, to have some answers, so keep that in mind.
    Enough with the talk, here is the list:

Creatures (21)
    3x Ancient Stone Idol
    2x Eater of Days
    3x Goblin Engineer
    4x Goblin Welder
    2x Magus of the Moon
    4x Phyrexian Dreadnought
    3x Shield Sphere

Sorceries (10)
    2x Cathartic Reunion
    3x Faithless Looting
    1x Fiery Confluence
    4x Trash for Treasure

Instants (3)
    3x Bolt

Artifacts (7)
    3x Lotus Petal
    4x Torpor Orb

Land (19)
    3x Ancient Tomb
    4x Great Furnace
    4x Wooded Foothills
    8x Mountain

SIDEBOARD
    Creatures (6)
    3x Copper Gnomes
    3x Ingot Chewer

Instants (5)
    1x Volcanic Fallout
    2x Pyroblast
    2x Red Elemental Blast

Artifacts (4)
    4x Tormod's Crypt

Share what you think (even if you think this is total shit and waste of money). Any tips and comments will be appreciated.

Re: [Deck] Trash For Welder

To be honest, if you’re trying to cheat big fatties into play, why not sundering Titan (you’re mono red!), myr battlesphere and wurmcoil engine?

Push and decay proof at the least. And don’t requiretorpor orb to work.

Could try torpor orb as a sideboard trick vs dnt or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Quote Originally Posted by schweinefettmann View Post
    To be honest, if you’re trying to cheat big fatties into play, why not sundering Titan (you’re mono red!), myr battlesphere and wurmcoil engine?

Push and decay proof at the least. And don’t requiretorpor orb to work.

Could try torpor orb as a sideboard trick vs dnt or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, you have one point there.
    My choice for those creatures was specifically because of Trample, Flying, etc to make sure that after all the engineer to "reanimate" the big creatures on the field, the damage hits my opponent.
    But yeah, maybe orb on the SB, together with the Dreadnoughts. And add some more protection or lock on the mainboard, but still not sure of what. Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by mulletsss View Post
    total shit and waste of money
    Fundamentally the problem with this deck is that if you are trying to assemble a+b Welder combo with 2 cards that don't do anything by themselves (Torpor Orb + Dreadnought in this case) then why not do it with Painter / Grindstone, which lets you win instantly rather than just giving yourself a 12/12

And then rather than play cards like Stone Idol (basically un-castable and just a vanilla attacker) and Eater of Days (castable, but really bad without Torpor Orb) you can replace them with things like Wurmcoil Engine, Sundering Titan etc

Caleb Durward has a similar version of this deck he has played for a while, I would start from that.

If you are ok for this to be just a silly fun deck and you're 100% committed to playing Dreadnought then maybe you could also consider Sundial of the Infinite instead of Torpor Orb (you can end the turn with your Dreadnought trigger on the stack, and unlike Torpor Orb it doesn't disable Goblin Engineer).

Sep 2011

Welder needs more Arcum's Astrolabe for value.

Astrolabe and Mox Opal enable off-color splashes for powerful cards like
    Trinket Mage
    Stifle
    Entomb
    Reanimate
    Thoughtseize
    Enlightened Tutor
    Oko, Thief of Crowns
    Dack Fayden
    Daretti, Ingenius Iconoclast

Many options depending on how many colors you want to go and how budget you need to be.

Rakdos Welder

//Artifacts: 14
    3 Mox Opal
    4 Arcum's Astrolabe
    4 Grindstone
    3 Sundial of the Infinite

//Creatures: 17
    4 Goblin Welder
    3 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    3 Goblin Engineer
    4 Painter's Servant
    1 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Sundering Titan
    1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind

//Spells: 10
    4 Pyroblast
    4 Entomb
    2 Reanimate

//Planeswalkers: 1
    1 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast

//Lands: 18
    3 Ancient Tomb
    4 Great Furnace
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Prismatic Vista
    3 Snow-Covered Mountain
    1 Snow-Covered Swamp

//Sideboard: 15
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Lightning Bolt
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Plague Engineer
    1 Platinum Angel

That gives you 7 Entomb effects + 9 Weld/Reanimate effects with some robot fatties or just combo pieces

Dreadnought + Sundial combo.

Painter's Stone combo because why not?

Those were extremely helpful and great replys.
    I really enjoy the tips and can really see the benefits of going on another, more consistent route.
    Thank you very much guys!

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

It's a cool deck! I'm not sure what your budget is, but I think some other cards to consider would be Sneak Attack and Blood Moon. Moon is not seeing a lot of play currently, so maybe it's a sideboard card, but some way to disrupt opponents will be really important. Sneak Attack is a way to get your threats into play while facing graveyard hate. I've always been a fan of Steel Hellkite as an artifact threat as well; you get an Engineered Explosives every turn and it's a mana-sink to speed up your clock.

Other cards to consider:

Platinum Angel
    Platinum Emperion
    Buried Ruin
    Inventors' Fair
    Daretti, Scrap Savant

Good luck!
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

May 2015
    PDX

There's a number of pre-loaded issues with Dreadnought + Welder, namely the color identity crisis (Welder is Red & colorless, Dreadnought is overwhelmingly blue). The Ancient Tomb stuff is not compatible with both strategies, particularly Dreadnought and Tomb (which means no Chalice; i.e. the best thing you can be doing with Sol Lands outside of SnT).

As @FTW points out, the very first thing you know will be in a Dreadnought/Welder list would be Astrolabe. Next you need a way to get [non-instantly suicidal, i.e. not-Dreadnought] artifacts into the yard, which is where a card like Lotus Petal is more correct than Opal. Other maindeck artifact effects to think about in this family are Tormod's, Soul-Guide Lantern, the Spellbomb family, etc. - you should be looking for 'win the game by itself vs unfair' types of effects as a 2-4 maindeck slot investment.

The hard part of Dreadnought decks isn't finding more pseudo-Dreadnoughts, it's doing something different and meaningful with the Dreadnought enabler. Adding slower cards (Eater of Daze), or just unplayables (Stone Idol), doesn't change the fact that Torpor Orb gets worse with every copy you draw. You're building up in a linear fashion upon an unsteady foundation (again, Torpor Orb). The same is true of Sundial. These are effects you need for Welder to recur Dreadnoughts from the yard ofc, but you're missing the best way to get them without ever risking flooding out: Karn.

Just like the Tormod's maindeck angle, you're attacking on a Karn axis - very importantly, you're saying "your Karn deck can't beat Karn, and my deck is the Karn deck that can beat Karn." It's critical to make forward progress (either Nought or Welder, both who want Karn in play) in the most crippling way possible to 'normal' decks. Note how you're also generating velocity while killing Chalice, which has the tendency to counter Welder and Nought, should that need ever arise.

You've now got this idea of Welder, Nought, Karn, minimal maindeck enablers, sideboard enablers, Astrolabe, and some potentially backbreaking maindeck sac-at-will fodder. You are feeling good against yard combo and anything that uses Karn +/- Chalice. You've got your value engine and some recursive loops which can overwhelm removal, and your topdecks are all working in the same direction which further impedes an opponent's removal - interchangeability of tools can also be called redundancy, which is a valid answer to "control" (Snapcaster/ETB value spamming isn't really control, but people like to call it that). If we stop right here, let's note that currently this list is not beating the card SnT, but you're looking pretty good against the rest of the format, particularly with the added threat of Torpor Orb's asymmetry.

This is the point where adding more red nonsense is really not going to help you against the primary build-order-loss to SnT; you need blue. Conveniently Dreadnought gets better in the presence of blue. Looking at the red options Painter/Grindstone is great as a deck that uses Tomb, but it doesn't have space to support Nought and the tools have nothing to do with eachother (inherent variance/drawing the wrong half of a deck is among the most efficient ways to lose to "control" over and over). Goblin Engineer is begging to lose to a SB yard hate card (and Red isn't exactly known for getting an enchantment like say...Leyline off the table), while also losing to your own effects [Torpor Orb]. You can ofc use Sundial instead of Torpor Orb, but you're no longer impeding an opponent's 'normal' legacy cards and you'd lose the line of Welding out Nought for Nought in response to removal on an opponent's turn. Goblin Engineer is far inferior to Transmute Artifact, which is blue (again, the color you need to begin thinking about beating SnT) and still a tutor vs yard hate, and doesn't walk into Surgical nearly as hard. Imagine turn 1 Astrolabe -> turn 2 Transmute, get Astro #2, draw a card -> please opponent, Surgical the Astrolabe...against a Karn deck...that still has one in play; sacrificing an artifact is *not* part of the cost of Transmute. It also maintains Entomb effect by not paying the difference, should there be no yard hate. The UU card is the better direction here, and it would be pretty suboptimal to have Ancient Tomb + perhaps Petal, into self-nuke all of your nonbasics into Mountains (Magus) as a turbo turn 1 opening play. Outside of Bolt, which does things with Karn [+1] - especially if you wished for a Liquimetal Coating, the entire red color isn't doing much. You've got sideboard REB effects, but Lavamancer isn't doing the right stuff, Dreadhorde is not at home, Pyromancer doesn't have prowess, and Chandra plus Karn is mono-red Chalice/Sol Land stuff (too high on the top end/you'll be dead by then). Bolt is your red card, and blue has better and faster [instant] and cheaper and bluer [FoW pitch] cards than red's lose-to-any-yardhate looting effects.

Time to fill in more slots b/c blue does what the deck needs: FoW, BS, Stifle - get the playsets in. Now you've got some game against SnT, and with a modal UU Entomb, your list just needs some Entomb'y targets that might happen to be in your hand in case some poor bastard decides to cast SnT. In a Painter list, you'd expect a card like Ensnaring Bridge to maybe be in hand, but this isn't really the card Dreadnought wants you to cast (even if you can Weld it out or Karn [+1] and Bolt it). The dump-in off SnT hoser, generally castable, Dreadnought-friendly artifact doesn't exist yet. This is a structural flaw you can't fix maindeck, so whatever you do is going to involve variance. A thing you might want would only be good vs SnT, which means you need to get to 4 mana, resolve a Karn, wish the hoser to hand (you're not going to cast it), and also not die to Sneak Attack this whole time (so you need blue to even think about being alive here). The not-ideal artifact card you're maindecking needs to win the most non-SnT games possible, so you're looking for power rather than [a currently impossible] harmony between Nought and Welder. Diversity of strategy is also going to drive this decision, which means it'll be Welder-skewed and preferably not play into every wrath spell ever (in the same way it can't just auto-lose to Strix/Ice-Fang). This is where experimentation is going to happen. No one is currently running these experiments.

In terms of left-over questions for your deck, you kinda have to not die to Goyf with that experiment slot. This is still a concept that kinda has to take over games when there isn't a Goyf. Also, this experimental concept can't fold to opposing Karn (since this deck still hasn't shown it can deal with an opposing one). Kind of a tall order being castable, not-creature, not reliant on activated abilities, beats Goyf, and less importantly can somehow maybe also beat an opposing Karn (technically not that hard if you can animate to a 3/3 to 5/5 size). Ensnaring Bridge was really close to being that card; it can butcher SnT and Depths

So here's the plan thus far: Dreadnought + Astrolabe = AstroNaught. AstroNaught + Moon (in the board) = the first man on the moon. Deck name: Neil Armstrong.

Dreadnought x4
    Welder x4

FoW x4
    Brainstorm x4
    Stifle x4
    Bolt x4 (some can be Izzet Charm if you want)
    Astrolabe x4
    Transmute Artifact x2
    Torpor Orb x2 (not seeing any reason why this list is getting ahead by using a Sundial split)
    Tormod's x1
    Soul-Guide Lantern x1

Karn x3

Snow-Island x4
    Snow-Mountain x1
    Volc x1
    Vista x4
    Tarn x4
    Wasteland x4

5 cards left...so uhh...something. A few slots of something sacrifice'y like Petal maybe? Rite of Undoing, I mean it can bounce a Lage and bouncing Astro is nice? [card]Tale's End[/cards] isn't the worst? Maybe there's an E-Bridge despite the issues? Azcanta isn't unreasonable, seems better than more lands? Saheeli, Sublime Artificer is slow, but Tarmo-foggy and combines Welder/Nought/Astro/Torpor synergy? Meekstone almost works? Something completely unreasonable for Welder (that auto-wins vs opponent SnT resolving, like Spine or Mind Slaver) + like 3x Chart a Course? Maybe there is a Fling cannon (I doubt it)? The 4th Wasteland could be Geier Reach Sanitarium if you're looking for more discard?

Lots of questions in this space until the ideal artifact is printed. Even if the missing piece is printed, most other Dreadnought variants should outperform. If you want to derp people out with red, it is probably more fun to abuse Sundial + Dreadnought + Planebound Accomplice w/ unreasonable walkers like uncounterable Chandra and Ugin at the high end. Bonus points for quintuple Stone Rain with Parallax Tide and Sundial (or Stifle).

Sep 2011

If you want to derp people out with a sol land manabase and Parallax Tide and Sundial/Stifle, I'd love to squeeze in Ankh of Mishra. On its own it's 5 damage per fetch, 2 per normal land. With Parallax Tide it's up to 10 damage if they get their lands back (quintuple stone rain is fine too). With Welder you can even Weld it out when you need to play lands or Weld it in before the opponent's turn. Ankh is NOT a good Magic card, but it seems about the best it'll ever be in a deck with Parallax Tides and Welders. You can even Sundial to counter the trigger on your turn.

May 2015
    PDX

@FTW more than doing nothing, Ankh just says die to Goyf even harder. Replace with Karn, move Ankh to board so you never have to draw it.

Sep 2011

In that blue-based value-artifact strategy, Trinket Mage seems very strong (gets Dreadnought, Astrolabe, Crypt, mana rocks, etc). Instead of Transmuting a low-cost artifact in play, you can just tutor it.

As the artifact count increases, especially with suicidal ones, Emry, Lurker of the Loch starts to look strong.

//Creatures: 15
    4 Goblin Welder
    4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4 Emry, Lurker of the Loch
    3 Trinket Mage

//Planeswalkers: 3
    3 Karn, the Great Creator

//Artifacts: 15
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Arcum's Astrolabe
    1 Pyrite Spellbomb
    1 Aether Spellbomb
    1 Soul-Guide Lantern

//Spells: 12
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Stifle

//Lands: 15
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Prismatic Vista
    2 Snow-Covered Mountain
    4 Snow-Covered Island
    1 Volcanic Island

//Sideboard: 15
    1 Torpor Orb
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Damping Sphere
    1 Defense Grid
    2 Oko, Thief of Crowns
    3 Blood Moon

At this point, you have to wonder if Emry isn't just better than Welder (if we're not cheating out fat robots) and if red could be cut for black (Baleful Strix, Thoughtseize...).

I can't deny that all of the things that you guys have been putting up here are completely intelligent thinking around the most efficient deck and way more consistent list compared to that one I've posted above.
    Hands down, I agree completely with everything that everyone said here, and even by making this a blue black lists, better things come up for example, Lazav, the Multifarious.
    And I am thankfull for the long explanations like the one that FOX and FTW gave.

Quote Originally Posted by mulletsss View Post
    Hey there folks!
    I've been thinking about developing a sort of budget-ish deck in legacy that could see some play and perform relatively well at a cost of being mono colored (aka with no dual lands).
    Even tought I really like High Tide and Burn, I wanted to develop something around this amazing card that I am fascinated about: Phyrexian Dreadnought
    My first try was with monoblue Stiflenought. I really liked the deck, and adding stuff like Delver of Secrets and True-Name Nemesis adds more "win-cons" (if you can name it like that) to the table.
    But, the missing point of all of this, and the starting point for me when I posted this decklist, was the idea of keeping this deck on a sort of low budget cost.
    The idea was trying to make a deck at some level competitive and still making it monocolored or not relying that much on extremely expensive cards, That's why I brought the interaction between Welder, Naught, Orb and other Fatties Artifacts.
    But I know, in legacy being competitive = having to spend some bucks in order to be either fast, consistent, a deck to beat or all of those together.

So I guess this post reaches a conclusion that this idea, of a monored cheating artifacts on the battlefield is not that good haha

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

I've tested a very similar deck a few years ago (before Astrolabe).

It started with a Sol mana base (Tombs, City of Traitors) primarily to cast first turn Torpor Orb. Then Dreadnoughts and Welders. Eater of Days, too, because they were good with the Sol lands. Tangle Wire for disruption.

The deck had some nice plays like: 1st turn Torpor Orb, 2nd Turn Lightning Greaves, Dreadnought, attack, 3rd turn win.
    But sometimes it also had no pressure at all.

I tried many things, like including 4 Chalice of the Void and 4 Cavern of Souls, but it was too inconsistent.
    - Splashing Blue for Trinket Mage or Thirst for Knowledge, but it was a too inconsistent as well.
    - Heck, I even tried Artificer's Intuition to find Dreadnoughts and feed Welder, but it didn't work out.
    - Splashing Green for Ancient Stirrings which finds many things, this might even be a viable path, but sacrifices Sol lands + explosiveness.
    - Utilizing Scroll of Fate for more consistency (along 4 Orbs), needs a controllish shell imo.

My last idea (untested), which I never really followed was to keep it mono red and more all-in (to support the 3rd win from above):

4 Vexing Devil (to combo with Torpor Orb)
    ~2 Fling (to get some value out of Dreadnought, if you don't draw Torpor Orb)
    ~2 Gamble to find a combo piece and feed Welder.

Good luck with the deck!

Sep 2011

With Sol Lands, you could run multiple enablers.

Torpor Orb
    Sundial of the Infinite
    Illusionary Mask

Any of these get around the ETB sacrifice. Mask makes it easy to pay the multicolor cost for Kroxa.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post

Torpor Orb
    Sundial of the Infinite
    Illusionary Mask

Any of these get around the ETB sacrifice. Mask makes it easy to pay the multicolor cost for Kroxa.
    That's not how Mask works. You still need to pay color. All of these enablers get worse with each copy you draw, and that's the kind of variance a Dreadnought deck can't absorb.

Sep 2011

Interesting. Deckbox has this rules wording, which is clearly wrong (after further Gatherer check):

X: You may put a creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your hand into play face down as a 0/1 creature. Put X mask counters on that creature. Play this ability only any time you could play a sorcery. The creature's controller may turn the creature face up any time he or she could play an instant by removing all mask counters from it. This effect ends if the creature is turned face up
    And yes, it's very high variance, especially if Mask can't fix the mana for Kroxa. It would need some card filtering like Thirst for Knowledge, which gets far away from where a Dreadnought deck wants to be.

I was thinking of the Dreadnought decks that emerged briefly in the Mental Misstep era, cutting the 1cc cards like Stifle, running Chalice and Torpor Orb, and using Mask to get around the 1cc cost.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post

Torpor Orb
    Sundial of the Infinite
    Illusionary Mask

Scroll of fate too which works well with nought or kroxa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Scroll of fate too which works well with nought or kroxa.
    It works dubiously well with Kroxa, losing the beneficial ETB trigger. The more important aspect about Scroll is that unlike all the enablers (and cards like Vial for that matter), it self-corrects redundant draws of itself. The second Scroll will be a 2/2, not a -1 card that offers nothing new.

What you’re generally saying with a 1-card recursion combo (the new elder giants) is that you’re going to throw down 12/12s and force the opponent to kill them, and then turn the two cards (Stifle + Nought) into escape-fodder. By doing this enough times, the opponent will succumb to removal fatigue and something will stick. The issue with Kroxa is that the trigger it makes doesn’t help; there is way to much time between casting it and recurring it (and the trigger fails to bridge the gap). By the time you can recur, you’re already beyond dead to Delver (assuming you even got to the 4 mana point), and the deal 3/discard is meaningless. Uro buys time, it draws cards (self-fueling), it can ramp, and every time it triggers you’re negating a Delver attack or half of a Goyf swing.

A Dreadnought deck never gets far if it is the only tempo-dictating source. You make a Kroxa vs a Delver, they’ll ignore it and kill you. You make an Uro and they have to trade 2 cards into it (one of those cards being that Delver) or lose by default. They look over at Uro too long (b/c they are forced to), and they get smashed by Dreadnought. With Kroxa, all they have to do is wait for only Dreadnought and in doing so they can’t really die to it.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    It works dubiously well with Kroxa, losing the beneficial ETB trigger.
    Uro buys time, it draws cards (self-fueling), it can ramp, and every time it triggers you’re negating a Delver attack or half of a Goyf swing.
    Oh right, I got this confused with the Kroxa thread. Ignore my Kroxa suggestion. If OP wasn't looking for a Kroxa deck, Uro is miles better.

Better card advantage
    In color
    Pitches to FoW
    Same color as Oko

Oko+Astrolabe also seems funny with Welder.

It makes Torpor Orb more playable...you can use Food to make a Dreadnought every turn against non-white decks until they run out of answers (and white decks get hurt by Torpor Orb anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post
    I've tested a very similar deck a few years ago (before Astrolabe).

It started with a Sol mana base (Tombs, City of Traitors) primarily to cast first turn Torpor Orb. Then Dreadnoughts and Welders. Eater of Days, too, because they were good with the Sol lands. Tangle Wire for disruption.

The deck had some nice plays like: 1st turn Torpor Orb, 2nd Turn Lightning Greaves, Dreadnought, attack, 3rd turn win.
    But sometimes it also had no pressure at all.

I tried many things, like including 4 Chalice of the Void and 4 Cavern of Souls, but it was too inconsistent.
    - Splashing Blue for Trinket Mage or Thirst for Knowledge, but it was a too inconsistent as well.
    - Heck, I even tried Artificer's Intuition to find Dreadnoughts and feed Welder, but it didn't work out.
    - Splashing Green for Ancient Stirrings which finds many things, this might even be a viable path, but sacrifices Sol lands + explosiveness.
    - Utilizing Scroll of Fate for more consistency (along 4 Orbs), needs a controllish shell imo.

My last idea (untested), which I never really followed was to keep it mono red and more all-in (to support the 3rd win from above):

4 Vexing Devil (to combo with Torpor Orb)
    ~2 Fling (to get some value out of Dreadnought, if you don't draw Torpor Orb)
    ~2 Gamble to find a combo piece and feed Welder.

Good luck with the deck!
    Well, your last untested idea seems like a really all-in option that I enjoy. In theory it seems to work really well.
    My thoughts after the long discussion on this post combined with your past experience with decks like this, is that it doesn't work THAT WELL, even though I am pretty sure it's super fun to play when it works.
    Thank you for your reply and ideas!

Thread Information