Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Curse Stompy! (Meme Deck, or, maybe not...)

Re: Curse Stompy! (Meme Deck, or, maybe not...)

Pelakka Predation is the real deal. From my twitter:

After punting away several 5-0's, I finally got the 5-0 with pelakka predation. It offers incredible smoothing for a 3ball deck; having a land that can trade with FoW/FoN/Oko/S&T/FoV is all I ever wanted. More black cards also means I can run 2 helms MD, which have been great

Sep 2011

Great results. How are you sideboarding? When you bring in the many anti-aggro slots, what comes out?

The sideboard is built such that you can fully side-out chalice + 3ball against tribal decks. Against other decks you have less cuts.

Usually karn & drit out for his targets plus dystopia vs blue aggro, all fast mana out for discard & dystopia & some karn targets vs slow blue, 3ball for discard/vault/spyglass vs land based decks. Combo is eliminates out for discard and helm or spyglass.

Sep 2011

What's the reasoning to cut both Chalice & 3ball vs tribal? Isn't Elves full of 1 drops to slow down?

Merfolk and Goblins have fewer 1s plus they have Cavern, so I get why Chalice goes out, but shouldn't 3ball still cost them tempo? I would expect 3ball to help vs aggressive decks.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    What's the reasoning to cut both Chalice & 3ball vs tribal? Isn't Elves full of 1 drops to slow down?

Merfolk and Goblins have fewer 1s plus they have Cavern, so I get why Chalice goes out, but shouldn't 3ball still cost them tempo? I would expect 3ball to help vs aggressive decks.
    I count elves as more of a combo deck. Against 4c Loam, Eldrazi, Goblins, Death and taxes, moon stompy etc the 3 ball doesn't really do anything. Furthermore the best way for them to beat us is mana denial, so stopping our own dark rituals is problematic.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

"The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information