Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: iKoria Spoilers: Godzilla is a creature type now

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: iKoria Spoilers: Godzilla is a creature type now

After seeing it in action im Modern, I'm surprised that the The Ozolith isn't explored more. That card can do some stupid shit with Hardened Scales/Ravager in Legacy, e.g.

T1: Land, Hardened Scales
    T2: Land, Ballista @1 --> 2 counters
    T3: Land, Ozolith, Ravager --> 2 counters, sac some random cmc 0 artifact (can be artifact lands), --> 4 counters, sac Ravager to itself --> counters go on Ozolith (5 counters), then 5 counters go onto Ballista (7 counters by now), then go into combat, put counters onto Ballista (13 counters now), swing for 13, shoot the rest for lethal.

And you could even combine it with a Lurrus shell, e.g. here.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...2#kabukimanx_-

Non combo Gyruda list is interesting.

Also Companion Count:

Lurrus: 23
    Gyruda: 6
    Zirda: 4
    Yorion: 3

Generally looks like Yorion lists are gaining ground
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Mar 2007

On Julian's stream, one of his opponents had a pretty sweet Maverick deck that ran Dryad Arbor + Fiend Artisan + Ramunap Excavator (+ GSZ to assemble the combo). Opportunity cost to run this is pretty low due to all of it being GSZable, with the upside that you can essentially get a super GSZ that can even fetch non-green creatures every turn by replaying and saccing Dryad Arbor.

Artisan isn't a bad Goyf, it's a pretty brutal engine once it gets going. Dwarfed by the new cards that are actually broken shit like companion, this one might actually be a sleeper. Something to watch out for once the format gets whipped back into shape by bans.

I wouldn't even be surprised if somebody combined it with Bitterblossom in a Bx deck since it's full hybrid.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

I am shocked at the prices right now. It's the day after release and this looks like one of the lowest EVs in a long time. I'm sure there will be an uptick... of something... at some point, but this is a head scratcher. I'd think that the companion prices would be a little higher, to squeeze out a few more bucks before Mondays announcement. Plus, I'm sure that the suppply isn't quite what it should be under the current circumstances. What's the deal?
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    I am shocked at the prices right now. It's the day after release and this looks like one of the lowest EVs in a long time. I'm sure there will be an uptick... of something... at some point, but this is a head scratcher. I'd think that the companion prices would be a little higher, to squeeze out a few more bucks before Mondays announcement. Plus, I'm sure that the suppply isn't quite what it should be under the current circumstances. What's the deal?
    Maybe it's low demand due to LGS being closed down due to Corona. Or maybe it's because the online meta had a head start and everything has already been figured out.

It's kinda hilarious that despite all the broken shit going on right now, Fiend Artisan is the most expensive card in the set by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Maybe it's low demand due to LGS being closed down due to Corona. Or maybe it's because the online meta had a head start and everything has already been figured out.

It's kinda hilarious that despite all the broken shit going on right now, Fiend Artisan is the most expensive card in the set by a mile.
    Standard drives prices. Honestly, very little in Ikoria is good enough to displace the already ridiculous shit that's all over standard. I mean, yeah, every deck added a companion, but that's just one card. Some decks like Jeskai Fires literally just added a companion to the board and changed nothing else. Until WAR rotates, it's just incredibly difficult for a new set to break in, which says something about the power levels of Eldraine and Theros.

Honestly the biggest issue is that mana is just fucking broken in Standard right now, because for whatever reason WotC decided that Rampant Growth type acceleration was bad for the game and replaced it with a ton of no-downsides options like Growth Spiral/Uro, then removed all the downsides of too many lands with stuff like Krasis and Nissa. And that doesn't even get to the stupidity of the double/triple your mana with no downside things like Reclamation and Fires. Compare those two to something that's strong but balanced like Wake.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

Fair points on Standard. Not much in the set moved the needle in the current format.
    I do wonder how much the early online release affected the paper market. There are too many variables to account for, but I wonder if the big vendors are concerned with a possible future where the cards are out digitally in advance of paper product.
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    because for whatever reason WotC decided that Rampant Growth type acceleration was bad for the game and replaced it with a ton of no-downsides options like Growth Spiral/Uro,
    Probably to reduce the amount of shuffling. WotC has been pretty vocal about how they dislike those shuffle orgies.

[QUOTE=morgan_coke;1084113
    because for whatever reason WotC decided that Rampant Growth type acceleration was bad for the game and replaced it with a ton of no-downsides options like Growth Spiral/Uro[/QUOTE]
    The downside is that rampant growth is whatever basic you need and a explore can miss.

Thread Information