Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: iKoria Spoilers: Godzilla is a creature type now

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: iKoria Spoilers: Godzilla is a creature type now

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    At least right now the "non-Human" clauses on all those cards work on any not-human creature type, so like, "human rogue"? Works.
    A human rogue is a human... so no it doesn't work.
    I think this card requires to mix things and will end up wiffing a lot.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    A human rogue is a human... so no it doesn't work.
    I think this card requires to mix things and will end up wiffing a lot.
    You can always run token-producing cards like Pyromancer or Monastery Monk. Even manlands like Factory work. Standard, for example, combines her with Chandra, Acolyte of Flame to generate massive value.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    You can always run token-producing cars like Pyromancer or Monastery Monk. Even manlands like Factory work. Standard, for example, combines her with Chandra, Acolyte of Flame to generate massive value.
    that works indeed :)

So what humans are folks hoping to grab with winota anyhow? And without top, how is the top of the deck going to reliably contain a worthwhile target? A lot of humans need a bit of help before they turn sideways for profit. Hero of Bladehold/Oxid Ridge may be the exceptions, or huntmaster. This does not seem to be a Bob enhancer, nor a spot to put Mom on the battlefield.

Mar 2007

Seeing how Lurrus plays out in Vintage in Workshop decks, I wonder if it can work for a Legacy variant of Steelball Stompy.

Question is: Is it better than Emry when run as a companion? Or could you play both in the MD (no companion) for ridiculous amounts of card advantage?

Seeing how Lurrus plays out in Vintage in Workshop decks, I wonder if it can work for a Legacy variant of Steelball Stompy.

Question is: Is it better than Emry when run as a companion? Or could you play both in the MD (no companion) for ridiculous amounts of card advantage?
    I just realized that in vintage restricting a companion does nothing, so if one breaks the format for real they can't do anything about it
    (Well, they can, but not through the normal means)

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I just realized that in vintage restricting a companion does nothing, so if one breaks the format for real they can't do anything about it
    (Well, they can, but not through the normal means)
    A truly wonderful mechanic, right?

A truly wonderful mechanic, right?
    So wonderful that they already had to ban one on Magic Online in every competitive format because of bugs.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    So wonderful that they already had to ban one on Magic Online in every competitive format because of bugs.
    Given how poorly programmed MTGO is, not surprising. But it isn't the only one.

How Lurrus interacts with X spells is fucking stupid. What other cards limit you to have the total CMC to be less than or equal ? E.g. you can cast a Ballista for X=, but not for X=. That's something MTGO is currently ignoring.

https://twitter.com/Griselpuff/statu...98885543759872

Who designs this shit?

For spells with X in their mana costs, use the value chosen for X to determine the spell’s converted mana cost. For example, if a permanent spell costs X, you could cast it with X as 1 but not as 2.

How Lurrus interacts with X spells is fucking stupid. What other cards limit you to have the total CMC to be less than or equal ? E.g. you can cast a Ballista for X=, but not for X=. That's something MTGO is currently ignoring.

Who designs this shit?
    Fires of invention?

Apparently, MTG Arena does the same thing.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Who designs this shit?
    Just watched Nassif get beaten by opponent making Ballista for 3 multiple times in a game. God if they ban another companion I'll lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

From the legacy challenge results: https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c...lenge_4192020/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c...lenge_4202020/, seems like Lurrus, Zidra, Gyruda, Yorion AND EVEN Jegantha are playable in legacy. The great majority of decks are now running Companions. Even accounting for Love of New things they look disproportionately played (the first three at least but we'll see what happens with the latter two).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    From the legacy challenge results: https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c...lenge_4192020/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c...lenge_4202020/, seems like Lurrus, Zidra, Gyruda, Yorion AND EVEN Jegantha are playable in legacy. The great majority of decks are now running Companions. Even accounting for Love of New things they look disproportionately played (the first three at least but we'll see what happens with the latter two).
    Although I had already come to the same conclusion I'm curious about the lists. The links are broken here for some reason. Could you share in this thread?

They kind of **** magic in the *** with companion mechanic. I really wonder how they will get back from every-format-is-commander-now. I like the novelty, but that will get stale rather quick imo. Especially for Vintage.. How do they get out of that hole if vintage is broken?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Although I had already come to the same conclusion I'm curious about the lists. The links are broken here for some reason. Could you share in this thread?

They kind of **** magic in the *** with companion mechanic. I really wonder how they will get back from every-format-is-commander-now. I like the novelty, but that will get stale rather quick imo. Especially for Vintage.. How do they get out of that hole if vintage is broken?
    Let me know if these links work: https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...nge-2020-04-19 and https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...nge-2020-04-20

The Lurrus Decks are all over the place. It's jammed into Delver, Lands, Dreadnaught and Doomsday.
    Zidra is exclusively Bomberman at the moment.
    Gyruda is its own deck.
    Yorion is played in 4 color 80 card Snow-Ko Miracles.

Jegantha was played in this lands deck, which seemed to use it just as a bonus 5/5 ass beater.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Let me know if these links work: https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...nge-2020-04-19 and https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...nge-2020-04-20

The Lurrus Decks are all over the place. It's jammed into Delver, Lands, Dreadnaught and Doomsday.
    Zidra is exclusively Bomberman at the moment.
    Gyruda is its own deck.
    Yorion is played in 4 color 80 card Snow-Ko Miracles.

Jegantha was played in this lands deck, which seemed to use it just as a bonus 5/5 ass beater.
    In Painter Discard we've been discussing Jegantha just to have a 5/5 in hand at all times.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    In Painter Discard we've been discussing Jegantha just to have a 5/5 in hand at all times.
    There's lots of talk about Kaheera, the Orphanguard being a 3/2 in All Spell decks, but seemed people missed out initially on Jegantha's restriction being pretty easy and is a five mana 5/5. I've also seen discussion on Umori, the Collector being slotted into artifact decks. Again not for any real broken interaction, just as a constant beater that's always in hand.

bruizar

@Cire: Thanks those links work! I'm surprised that the affinity list has a sideboard lurrus but not The Ozolith

@Megadeus
    I was thinking of jamming Jegantha with Golos, Tireless Pilgrim in Turbo Eldrazi and Najeela, the Blade-blossom in Dragon Stompy or putting them both together alongside a singleton Cascading Cataracts.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

@Cire: Thanks those links work! I'm surprised that the affinity list has a sideboard lurrus but not The Ozolith

@Megadeus
    I was thinking of jamming Jegantha with Golos, Tireless Pilgrim in Turbo Eldrazi and Najeela, the Blade-blossom in Dragon Stompy or putting them both together alongside a singleton Cascading Cataracts.
    Yeah I was debating Golos as well. Seems like not the worst thing. Golos if nothing else finds you an Eye or Wasteland.

Mar 2007

At no other opportunity cost other than using a SB slot, there's effectively zero downside in using it, especially game 1.

@Megadeus
    So if you can give Jegantha vigilance, it can swing and then go infinite attack phases with Najeela? Are there any reasonable cards that give vigilance and don't suck? Batterskull is too expensive to get fancy.

Edit: Nevermind, Maze of Ith doesn't untap itself, I'm stupid.

Thread Information