Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
The riddlesmith deck had a really good reanimator matchup (one of it's best matchups), so i'm a bit surprised. But that deck had multiple bouncespells and the play of gamble for karakas after BR put an Iona on blue, so that might be the difference.
If you look at the history of it i started with 2 crypt 2 faerie macabre 1 silent gravestone but the longer i played it the more i cut graveyard hate as it just was not needed.

Karakas was a very good card in that deck as an answer to Thalia, teeg, and big monsters. But i do think it's a bit to random without any way to tutor for it, even if it has kind of nice emry interaction.
Interesting. My version runs 4x Gamble. Would you recommend 1-of Karakas in the SB then? The main seems tight for lands and doesn't run white.

Edit: Oh, that was your version of Breach with Riddlesmith tech. Just went through the link. I remember that build. Good tech.
I never worried about Reanimator with Breach, though that was because most builds had FoW and also Breach was broken. When you bring a gun to a knife fight, you don't worry about the knife.

Song costing 1RUG instead of 1R is a relevant difference. This deck is slower to go off and needs to conserve more of its fast mana for resolving Song or drawing cards, which affects the clock against other combo decks. But we still have fast lines of Gamble into Echo.