Thread: Cool Cats and Kittens (Kaheera companion with cats)

Hybrid View

Cool Cats and Kittens (Kaheera companion with cats)

So I've yet to see much work done on the new companion Kaheera. There's a number of critter type options to try, but in honour of the show Tiger King I decided to try cats first. I considered a suppression field version too, it might be better. Thoughts?

Edit: gsz and arbiter don't work well...need to cut one.

4 leonin arbiter
    4 adorned pouncer
    4 king of the pride
    3 stalking leonin
    1 Lurrus of the Dream-Den
    2 Brimaz, King of Oreskos
    2 Pride Sovereign
    2 Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist
    1 alms collector
    2 leonin warleader
    1 Regal Caracal
    1 Frondland Felidar

4 chalice of the void
    2 trinisphere
    2 winds of abandon
    1 sword of fire and ice
    1 jitte

4 chrome mox
    2 karakas
    4 cavern of souls
    4 ancient tomb
    4 savannah
    2 forest
    3 plains

SB
    1 Kaheera
    4 rest in peace
    2 winds of abandon
    2 sorcerous spyglass
    2 null rod
    2 qasali pridemage
    2 thorn of amethyst
    Last edited by kinda; 04-22-2020 at 06:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

May 2015
    PDX

Re: Cool Cats and Kittens (Kaheera companion with cats)

Questing Beast is creature type beast. Kaheera works with beast too. I don’t think you’re restricted to just one of the creature types Kaheera identifies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Questing Beast is creature type beast. Kaheera works with beast too. I don’t think you’re restricted to just one of the creature types Kaheera identifies.
    Yeah I put him in the SB. Might be md worthy. The issue is between tomb and cavern double green is tough. I'll peruse through the other tribes when I'm bored. Something else might be better or possibly even a mix.
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Sep 2011

It doesn't restrict you to only running permanents. It just says creature cards must be one of those types. Any of these cards are legal to play:

Brainstorm
    Force of Will
    Oko, Thief of Crowns
    Veil of Summer
    Arcum's Astrolabe
    Green Sun's Zenith
    Abrupt Decay
    Swords to Plowshares
    Sylvan Library
    Ponder
    Thoughtseize
    Cabal Therapy
    Spell Pierce
    Once Upon a Time

Unfortunately you can't play Young Pyromancer to make Elemental tokens, but other token generation should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    It doesn't restrict you to only running permanents. It just says creature cards must be one of those types. Any of these cards are legal to play:

Brainstorm
    Force of Will
    Oko, Thief of Crowns
    Veil of Summer
    Arcum's Astrolabe
    Green Sun's Zenith
    Abrupt Decay
    Swords to Plowshares
    Sylvan Library
    Ponder
    Thoughtseize
    Cabal Therapy
    Spell Pierce
    Once Upon a Time

Unfortunately you can't play Young Pyromancer to make Elemental tokens, but other token generation should be good.
    Yeah it could be built lots of different ways, which I quite like.

Winter Maze

Last edited by kinda; 04-24-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Winter Maze

Thread Information