4 groundbreaker
    4 lion's eye diamond
    4 vengevine
    4 brainstorm
    2 careful study
    4 ponder
    4 force of will
    17 lands

main combo here is aiming for t2 intuition for 3 vengevine. t3 cast elemental + led -> cast companion kaheera.

this is kind of janky, but maybe it's strong enough on raw power.

eg. t1 hellspark elemental + led (discard 2 vengevine?) -> companion -> attack for 14 and end turn with 3/2 + 5/4 +5/4.

i dunno. any ideas/thoughts?

t2 intuition, t3 thunderkin awakener, led (discard ball lightning + 1 vengevine?), companion, return ball lightning. attack for 2 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 7 = 24?
    -rob

Re: Kaheeravine

I think dark rit/buried alive might be better. The new card fiend artisan works well with buried/kaheera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

good idea. maybe some ways of merging the two?
    -rob

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

i think it'd make sense to run both somehow, but assuming we just stick to the buried alive plan.

4 buried alive
    4 dark ritual
    4 arboreal grazer
    4 vengevine
    4 fiend artisan
    4 thoughtseize
    4 mesmeric fiend
    1 questing beast
    4 skyshroud cutter
    4 rotting regisaur
    4 chancellor of the tangle
    4 chrome mox
    4 lion's eye diamond

i guess pick and choose from this?

if you run bayous you can go

t1 dark ritual, buried alive, led, skyshroud cutter, cast companion. they take 15 and you have a cutter + companion and 3 vengevine in play? (so they are at 10 life)
    -rob

I really like grazer being both ramp and sac fodder for artisan. Cutter would be good if we run both buried and intuition I think.
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

something that is lacking here is options for LED. any good flashback ideas?
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    something that is lacking here is options for LED. any good flashback ideas?
    Hellspark elemental not working is annoying. Lurrus works decently well with LED. T1 thoughtseize, T2 tomb -> buried or intuition, T3 Lurrus Led crack cast something from the gy?

Edit: does mutate trigger vengevine?

Edit 2: Voldaren Pariah .
    Last edited by kinda; 04-28-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Winter Maze

Thread Information