Thread: devoted druid/vizier of remedies/living wish (with lurrus obviously)

devoted druid/vizier of remedies/living wish (with lurrus obviously)

I'm figuring Lurrus goes quite soon but before it does decided to try to build something.

So, devoted druid + vizier of remedies = infinite green. This can be dumped into walking ballista, living wish into emmy, stonecoil serpet, or lesser manticore.

walking ballista + heliod, sun crowned = win.

vizier of remedies + lesser manticore = light synergy.

3 devoted druid
    3 vizier of remedies
    4 living wish
    4 walking ballista
    3 stonecoil serpent
    4 urza's bauble
    4 dark confidant
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 swords to plowshares
    2 lesser masticore
    4 Lotus Petal
    21 L

SB:
    1 Lurrus
    1 emrakul, the aeons torn
    1 heliod, sun-crowned
    1 devoted druid
    1 vizier of remedies
    1 collector ouphe
    3 null rod
    1 karakas
    1 questing beast
    2 pithing needle
    2 winds of abandon
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Sep 2011

Re: devoted druid/vizier of remedies/living wish (with lurrus obviously)

Masticore can only ping creatures.

Why not play this in Modern where all the cards are legal and the combo is already playable? It has a much better shot in a format without FoW and Daze.

Stonecoil Serpent and Lesser Masticore look like weak links that are only here because they do *something* with unlimited G and fit Lurrus’s restriction, but don’t win on the spot.

I’m looking through Scryfall and will post what I find.
    Duskwatch Recruiter
    Fiend Artisan — It’s not faster than Serpent or Masticore, but it does more to find the combo if you don’t have the combo, and if this is on board when you get the combo, you win.
    Chord of Calling — if you don’t have the infinite mana combo, it finds the part you’re missing. If you do have it, it finds an outlet for the mana. Any of your creatures can tap to help cast this without preventing the combo from working.
    Grenzo, Dungeon Warden — The suggestions get jankier! Dig for the combo if you don’t have it! Win if you do! (You can win, right? Do you need to hit a Duskwatch Recruiter first because Grenzo can’t usefully put Ballista into play? Sigh. Grenzo, your time in Legacy will come!)
    Mistcutter Hydra — Maybe a better overpriced dopey snake than Stonecoil in this deck? How often does Stonecoil do any good when X =/= 999,999?

Also while searching I noticed that Ezuri, Renegade Leader can go infinite if you have two Devoted Druids and enough leftover mana to start the chain. Look out, format.
    Last edited by BirdsOfParadise; 04-28-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Sep 2011

Lurrus holds you back. Without it you could run Recruiter of the Guard, which finds all 3 combo pieces.

You could maybe run Eladamri's Call.

Green Sun's Zenith main seems good. It finds Druid, Duskwatch Recruiter, and toolbox guys.

Also, just a reminder that you have 0 Island and < 2 Choke.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsOfParadise View Post
    Stonecoil Serpent and Lesser Masticore look like weak links that are only here because they do *something* with unlimited G and fit Lurrus’s restriction, but don’t win on the spot.

I’m looking through Scryfall and will post what I find.
    Duskwatch Recruiter
    Fiend Artisan — It’s not faster than Serpent or Masticore, but it does more to find the combo if you don’t have the combo, and if this is on board when you get the combo, you win.
    Chord of Calling — if you don’t have the infinite mana combo, it finds the part you’re missing. If you do have it, it finds an outlet for the mana. Any of your creatures can tap to help cast this without preventing the combo from working.
    Grenzo, Dungeon Warden — The suggestions get jankier! Dig for the combo if you don’t have it! Win if you do! (You can win, right? Do you need to hit a Duskwatch Recruiter first because Grenzo can’t usefully put Ballista into play? Sigh. Grenzo, your time in Legacy will come!)
    Mistcutter Hydra — Maybe a better overpriced dopey snake than Stonecoil in this deck? How often does Stonecoil do any good when X =/= 999,999?

Also while searching I noticed that Ezuri, Renegade Leader can go infinite if you have two Devoted Druids and enough leftover mana to start the chain. Look out, format.
    Ooh...I like fiend, mistcutter might be better than stonecoil if oko numbers keep going down.

@ftw I don't think decks without companions are really worth it right now. Losing choke is disappointing though.
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Sep 2011

What about Aether Vial or Noble Hierarch to accelerate mana?

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Ooh...I like fiend, mistcutter might be better than stonecoil if oko numbers keep going down.
    Oko isn't just multicolored, it's also blue. Haste and uncounterable are also useful.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    What about Aether Vial or Noble Hierarch to accelerate mana?

Oko isn't just multicolored, it's also blue. Haste and uncounterable are also useful.
    Very true , OK it's just better than stonecoil. Noble is interesting to me if we include fiend.

Winter Maze

Winter Maze

Thread Information