Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keruga Stompy

Re: Keruga Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    This version of the deck desperately needs better ways to deal with Oko, especially given its abundance in the metagame.

Chaos Warp and Beast Within were already suggested (also Karn fetching Spyglass), but maybe there are still better solutions?
    Yeah I agree, it was a lot easier to metagame for lurrus than oko. I'm wondering if building it UX with mystical dispute...possibly our own oko too could be good?

However, DJ Izma just went 5-1 in the kmc event to make top 8 with Keruga featuring cycle turtle! https://twitter.com/djizma_mtg/statu...892704257?s=19. Dodge Oko, win matches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

The RG shell is kinda interesting, but I wonder if the Keruga restriction is worth it in the current Oko meta. Red blasts would make quick work of any of that nonsense.

How viable would Jegantha be as companion in comparision? It would require some remodelling of the top end (no Chandras, Ceratops or Confluence, but having access to a GSZ threat + toolbox). It would open up new options for SB hate (while losing some) and you could run my favorite RG pet combos - Sylvan Library + Words of War. No Oko (or players/creatures, for the matter) can withstand 6+ damage a turn for long and since both are enchantments, he can't touch either. Multiple Libraries even scale as long as you have mana to spend it on more burn.

In RG I think song of the dryad might be the best option to put in. Two other ideas I'm considering...one is w for hanna's custody then mostly artifact critters. It stops oko from elk'ing food plus protects our stuff then you get to draw with keruga. Not sure if Uw or Gw. Second option, is running posts then going bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Where did Karn go? Karn -> Needle naming Oko is one line of defense.

I mean, I was busy searching scryfall for creatures that could stand up to Oko (Biogenic Ooze?), but itís hard to think of cards that deserve slots in this deck above Karn, and if even thatís not included...

Edit: Phantom Centaur dies to StP like everything, but it dodges black removal, chews through enemy creatures and elks and red removal, and laughs when Oko targets it. For whatever thatís worth...

Edit2: Phantom Nantuko kind of amusing for similar reasons. Both Phantoms are immune to death touch if they have any counters on them.

Edit3: The First Iroan Games! I dare you to Elk my soldier... and later I get to draw cards and fix my mana!

Thread Information