Thread: Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion + Words of War

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion + Words of War

Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion
    Words of War

How does this work once the Neheb trigger goes on the stack? Do you first draw all cards and then add the mana? Or is there a way to instantly convert all your hand cards into free Shocks?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion + Words of War

Neheb Trigger on the stack, you pay for as many activations of words of war then let neheb's ability resolve.
    For each activation of words of war you will draw one less card but it will be a shock! you still add the mana, it only replaces the draw effect.

Edit: or maybee you can only do it once because all words of war triggers go on the stack at the same time for the first card drawn... You at least get one free shock. to be continued...

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Neheb Trigger on the stack, you pay for as many activations of words of war then let neheb's ability resolve.
    For each activation of words of war you will draw one less card but it will be a shock! you still add the mana, it only replaces the draw effect.
    I believe this is the answer. All "draw x cards" are considered one action that must complete before anything else (delayed triggers) but are treated (for replacement effect purposes) as "draw one card x times." I do not believe you get the mana from neheb until the draws are replaced so youd need the mana ahead of time to pay for words of war.

Neheb trigger on the stack, say you dump 3 cards. You pay 3 to words of war. Everything resolves then you discard the 3,then deal 2 and add R 3 times. I think that is how it would work.

So Tyler I think you had it right the first time. Although I am not a judge :)
    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

When resolve a spell or ability you do everything in the order it says to do it.
    So in this case: You would Discard X cards, Draw X cards, then gain X :R:.

From a practical standpoint:
    No matter how many times you activate Words of War, you're going to be adding the same amount of :R:.
    You have to activate Words's ability before Naheb's resolves.
    You can pre-load activations of Words of War so that you can have paid 3 and replace the next 3 draws. (choosing each time which specific replacement effect not that it really matters)
    You can't use the mana from this ability to pay for Words of War.

Thread Information