Thread: Confusion in the ranks "another player"

Confusion in the ranks "another player"

Hello all, I've been playing with the card [card]Confusion in the Ranks[/card] since I started playing magic and today I played it on MTGO and it didn't behave as expected so now I'm worried I've internalized how a card works wrong for the last 15 years.
    Assume the following board state:
    Opponent has 1 Orinthopter in play.
    I have 1 Confusion in the Ranks and 1 Grim Monolith in play

My opponent casts a Memnite. It resolves. I click on the trigger from Confusion in the Ranks expecting my opponent to now have to choose the only legal target: My Grim Monolith.
    But on MTGO instead it says the ability is removed from the stack because there are no legal targets. The only thing I can think of (beyond it being bugged ... which is possible, it's modo) is that " its controller chooses target permanent another player controls that shares a card type with it" means another player than me when I always read "another player" to mean any player other than the controller of the triggering object, so them.

What do you all think another from me, or another from them?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: Confusion in the ranks "another player"

Sounds like a bug to me, although I can't imagine why that sort of simply situation would be bugged though. Just MTGO being MTGO though, probably. Maybe when things have multiple types it confuses it?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Re: Confusion in the ranks "another player"

I always read "another player" to mean any player other than the controller of the triggering object,
    Confusion in the Ranks should work the way you think it does but it is a known buggy card on mtgo

Thread Information