Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Zendikar Resurgent spoilers: Eldrazi Need Not Apply

Re: Zendikar Resurgent spoilers: Eldrazi Need Not Apply

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Looks like Vampire Nighthawk got upgrades. I can see this having 4-6 power rather easily against most decks and the lifelink in combination with flying is going to make it a bitch to race it.
    I like. But I'm trying to force Vampire Tribal in other formats.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    i'm pretty happy to see this card for ruby storm.

Apparently there is a rare land-spell cycle and an uncommon land-spell cycle

https://twitter.com/3ChubbyB/status/1301225374274084864

Spikefield Risks
    R
    Instant
    Spikefield Risks deals 1 damage to any target. If a permanent that was dealt damage this way dies this turn, exile it instead.

Spikefield Cave
    Land
    Spikefield Cave enters the battlefield tapped.
    T: Add R.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Apparently there is a rare land-spell cycle and an uncommon land-spell cycle

https://twitter.com/3ChubbyB/status/1301225374274084864
    There are at least 2 uncommon spell/creature lands for each color at uncommon.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    There are at least 2 uncommon spell/creature lands for each color at uncommon.
    Cool! There must be a deck out there that would lean into not having "lands" in the library. I know Belcher and Oops all spells, but with these new lands I think there's an interaction that will prove powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

May 2015
    PDX

Any anti-Goyf [Nighthawk Scav] needs a guarantee vs Goyf when you're 1 mana more expensive. Uro is still the better anti-Goyf with built-in value. Not sure you want to enter this card in a format partially defined by Goyf + Bolt vs Uro/SCM. Running into Uro with this guy seems game-losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Cool! There must be a deck out there that would lean into not having "lands" in the library. I know Belcher and Oops all spells, but with these new lands I think there's an interaction that will prove powerful.
    Isn't that enough?

With two lands per color at least, these decks now have access to 8 on-color lands and as many off-color lands as they care to use. That's huge. Insane, even. They need to be redesigned from the ground up. For example, let's say you play Rouge Hermit (or Oops all Spells if you insist). Now, you could do something like this:

Win Con (15)
    4 Informer
    4 Spy
    2 Thassa's Oracle
    4 Narcombeia
    1 Dread Return

Mana (28)
    8 Black lands
    8 Blue lands
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Cabal Ritual

Card Draw: (8)
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder

Disruption (16)
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Duress
    4 Force of Will

I know this is 67 cards but you probably do some cuts here. The point is that suddenly Rogue Hermit starts looking an awful lot like an easier Doomsday list... because you can run lands. That's a game changer.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Could be a Mythic cycle. 3 life for the untap is pretty step, though.

May 2015
    PDX

I'm thinking that I'd rather cast Entreat from hand and have option to only spend 5 for a single 4/4 (when it's not being cast off miracle cost).

EDIT: I can't link images for shit. It's a red enchantment for 2 mana, does 5 damage to the face if they cast a spell without paying mana.

That is some storm hate. I mean, it's kind of pointless since it'll just get bounced before they go off, but still cool in theory.

May 2015
    PDX

EDIT: I can't link images for shit. It's a red enchantment for 2 mana, does 5 damage to the face if they cast a spell without paying mana.

That is some storm hate. I mean, it's kind of pointless since it'll just get bounced before they go off, but still cool in theory.
    Copies are not cast, so you're all-in on casting a 2 drop before they are able to deploy a sufficient amount of 0-drop artifacts.

Mar 2007

Here you go.

It isn't just (questionable) storm hate, but also a Mini Vortex that can be asymmetrical if you can gain life.

Edit: Might be better in Vintage since a good chunk of cards are free and power doesn't cost mana unless taxed.

Here you go.

It isn't just (questionable) storm hate, but also a Mini Vortex that can be asymmetrical if you can gain life.

Edit: Might be better in Vintage since a good chunk of cards are free and power doesn't cost mana unless taxed.
    I think it's a house in vintage where I can dump my moxen and lotus before you've had a chance to do the same.

Here you go.

As others already pointed out, it only hoses LED and Petals so not much of a storm hate.
    In fact it might be better for storm against blue because it hits forces, Daze, Surgical, Pacts,.....
    Hell even Mindbreak Trap and Ravenous Trap.
    Also Dread Return on Flashback for maymays.

Completely drills Aluren though.

It's amazing against Arcanist btw.
    Also good vs Urza, Hazoret's Undying Fury and cascade.

I guess this is part 2 of a cycle of stronk looking hate enchantments which turn out to not be nearly as good as on first glance.

However, it's good that Fires of Invention is already banned on Arena.

Decently costed land destruction? How did this get past MaRo?
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

Mar 2007

That's arguably the best actual LD spell since what? Molten Rain? Pillage? Sinkhole?

At worst if cycles. But being able to draw a card is HUGE. Not only does it generate tempo + CA vs decks with no basics, it can also be used to fix your own mana in a pinch.

That thing is fucking nuts - even moreso if you can flash it back with Snapcaster.

I think that card is decent, but as a thought experiment if you're hyped for this card you need to explain why nobody plays Field of Ruin in legacy

a) Field of Ruin is actually a good card too (i.e. underplayed)
    b) This new thing is a meaningful upgrade to field of ruin
    c) This card actually isn't very exciting either

obviously B is possible, e.g. this 1R spell can be fully utilized by a deck with no basics in it, can be used on turn 2 etc

Angel of Destiny - Mythic
    3WW
    Angel Cleric
    Bunch of irrelevant to Legacy rules text, At the beginning of your endstep, if you have 15 more life than your starting total, each player this attacked loses the game.
    2/6

Is that enough to bring back Life.dec? Or is too expensive/slow like Felidar Guardian was? I mean, you can combine it with Lightning Greaves so the attack and win happens the turn you cast it.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I've been waiting for this:
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by kirkusjones View Post

Decently costed land destruction? How did this get past MaRo?
    Does this make RW taxes worth exploring? This+Ghost Quarter+Leonin Arbiter+Path to Exile is a lot of strong synergy with the mana denial theme, and even if you don't hit Arbiter in combo, those other three are going to run them out of basics really fast anyways. This also combines pretty nicely with the 1U Conundrum enchantment.

And to answer the question about Field of Ruin - that's three mana, this is 2. That's huge. And it comboes way, way better with Arbiter, another big plus.

Angel of Destiny - Mythic
    3WW
    Angel Cleric
    Bunch of irrelevant to Legacy rules text, At the beginning of your endstep, if you have 15 more life than your starting total, each player this attacked loses the game.
    2/6

Is that enough to bring back Life.dec? Or is too expensive/slow like Felidar Guardian was? I mean, you can combine it with Lightning Greaves so the attack and win happens the turn you cast it.
    I would argue that having your creatures all deal zero damage to players and have old-style lifelink when they do is relevant text.

Thread Information