Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Zendikar Resurgent spoilers: Eldrazi Need Not Apply

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Re: Zendikar Resurgent spoilers: Eldrazi Need Not Apply

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I think the upside of this guy will outweigh most options, aside from Lingering Souls (which doesn't need 4 copies anyways.) What else is fighting for 3 mana? I would think you would have maybe 3-4 Liliana variants max, then some number of Lingering Souls. So you're talking maybe going from 7-8 to 9-10? Yeah, that does seem like a stretch in a Dark Confidant-based deck, but this guy does have lifelink and can swing games quickly.
    Pretty much all the flex slots get filled with Vindicate or Council's Judgement or Ashiok or Plague Engineer or Mirran Crusader or Gidion of the Trials or whatever meta call I'm making. To make cuts for a simple equipment holding duder, man I donno. It doesn't disrupt the opponent or anything, so what do I cut?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

This is god-tier for vintage, will probably see play in legacy out of the board.

Thieving Skydiver
    1U
    Merfolk Rogue
    Flying
    Kicker X (X can't be zero)
    If you pay the kicker, gain control of target artifact with CMC = to X or less. If it's an equipment, attach it to this.
    2/1

Like, wow. Note the "or less", you can still steal moxen with it, but you've gotta pay a 1 mana kicker to do so.

Evasive body that steals and equips stuff, or just steals artifacts in general, so, so good. Really an amazing card. Possibly the strongest in the set.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    This is god-tier for vintage, will probably see play in legacy out of the board.

Thieving Skydiver
    1U
    Merfolk Rogue
    Flying
    Kicker X (X can't be zero)
    If you pay the kicker, gain control of target artifact with CMC = to X or less. If it's an equipment, attach it to this.
    2/1

Like, wow. Note the "or less", you can still steal moxen with it, but you've gotta pay a 1 mana kicker to do so.

Evasive body that steals and equips stuff, or just steals artifacts in general, so, so good. Really an amazing card. Possibly the strongest in the set.
    Pic for reference.

As merfolk fetishist, this is starting to get me aroused.
    Might also be a good sideboard card in general against D&T or Stoneblade decks.

While it can't be vialed in, it can steal vials as well.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Pretty much all the flex slots get filled with Vindicate or Council's Judgement or Ashiok or Plague Engineer or Mirran Crusader or Gidion of the Trials or whatever meta call I'm making. To make cuts for a simple equipment holding duder, man I donno. It doesn't disrupt the opponent or anything, so what do I cut?
    Well, that tells you how much I've been paying attention to DGA lately, lol. When I played DGA 1-2 years ago the three drops were Lingering Souls, Liliana of some variety, and maybe 1x Vindicate. I totally forgot about Plague Engineer, which is pretty important to say the least.

I think if you have a flexible threat slot (some people have played Hero of Bladehold or another big beater) I would try one of this guy out. Straight-upbeats aren't necessarily great in a deck that wants everything to be card advantage, but the value against some decks will be very good.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Pic for reference.

As merfolk fetishist, this is starting to get me aroused.
    Might also be a good sideboard card in general against D&T or Stoneblade decks.

While it can't be vialed in, it can steal vials as well.
    Pssh, forget SFM - now you can use Wishclaw, tutor this guy up, steal back your Wishclaw and tutor up more things. It’s like building your own Squadron Hawk with more toolbox. Absolutely nothing could go wrong if this is what a deck is built around.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

So I know the black lands are being considered for Oops all spells/ Rouge Hermit, but this seems like a delver staple as well. Sure you bolt yourself BUT it counts as a spell for Delver instead of a land.
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Not sure if turning a land into city of ass is good but it's at least interesting.

Full rampage with Uro.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Full rampage with Uro.
    Didgeridoo?

For what it's worth, this + Goryo's Vengenance + fetchland is a kill.

Goyro, play fetch, crack fetch, swing for 6 + 7 + 8. If you can cheat that thing into play (preferably hasty) and can get two landfall triggers (most likely via fetches), that's at least going to be 21 damage.

Edit: Since it untaps all creatures, regardless whether they attacked or not, it could probably also do some really stupid chains with KotR.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Edit: Since it untaps all creatures, regardless whether they attacked or not, it could probably also do some really stupid chains with KotR.
    Fortunately you only get the bonus phase if it ETB in your Mainphase. Making it only "powerful" and not "broken"

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Fortunately you only get the bonus phase if it ETB in your Mainphase. Making it only "powerful" and not "broken"
    That is true, it also doesn't grant an additional main phase as these kind of effects usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    So I know the black lands are being considered for Oops all spells/ Rouge Hermit, but this seems like a delver staple as well. Sure you bolt yourself BUT it counts as a spell for Delver instead of a land.
    Is this a joke lol?
    The spell half is uncastable in delver, and they aren't going to play a land that you have to bolt yourself to etb untapped, only adds blue and can't be used to cast daze, just to make delver flip slightly more consistently

I like the new snapcaster with therapy
    Turn 1 you can therapy then turn 2 you play the wizard and sac it for the flashback, then you get 2 more therapy

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

That is true, it also doesn't grant an additional main phase as these kind of effects usually do.
    Question is: How many attack phases do you need with this, especially with it and KotR getting increasingly more lethal? Land into KotR activation can already be 2-4 additional combat phases and then after the whole thing you can get another 1-2 combat phases after your second main phase.

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    Turn 1 you can therapy then turn 2 you play the wizard and sac it for the flashback, then you get 2 more therapy
    That's actually pretty devestating.

Question is: How many attack phases do you need with this, especially with it and KotR getting increasingly more lethal? Land into KotR activation can already be 2-4 additional combat phases and then after the whole thing you can get another 1-2 combat phases after your second main phase.
    How many attack phases do you get with a 6 mana drop without protections? With KotR you can at least stack up additional combats but it can't attack the first one.
    You also can stack up more combats in the 2nd main as well though.

That's actually pretty devestating.
    Hymn also discards 2 cards for 2 mana.
    You also can't flashback therapy before the others have resolved, so the mage can be destroyed in response.

How many attack phases do you get with a 6 mana drop without protections? With KotR you can at least stack up additional combats but it can't attack the first one.
    You also can stack up more combats in the 2nd main as well though.

Hymn also discards 2 cards for 2 mana.
    You also can't flashback therapy before the others have resolved, so the mage can be destroyed in response.
    Now I want to build U/B Smallpox. Stormcaller and Snappy with Therapy, Smallpox, Hymn, and Unearth? Yes.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

How many attack phases do you get with a 6 mana drop without protections?
    Please, we all know this costs . Anybody who pays 6 is a chump with no class
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    Is this a joke lol?
    The spell half is uncastable in delver, and they aren't going to play a land that you have to bolt yourself to etb untapped, only adds blue and can't be used to cast daze, just to make delver flip slightly more consistently

I was not joking. It's a land that helps flip delver and pitches to FOW - I think that in of itself is worthy of testing.

I was not joking. It's a land that helps flip delver and pitches to FOW - I think that in of itself is worthy of testing.
    On the other side. You are filling your delver deck with tap lands, fundamentally slowing your deck down. Delver already runs a low land count. This just kills the deck. And the spell side isnt even playable. Gonna be a hard no on this one.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    On the other side. You are filling your delver deck with tap lands, fundamentally slowing your deck down. Delver already runs a low land count. This just kills the deck. And the spell side isnt even playable. Gonna be a hard no on this one.
    The mythic blue land isn't a tap land. It is however unfortunately a bolt land.

The mythic blue land isn't a tap land. It is however unfortunately a bolt land.
    That's fair. That does make it marginally more playable. I should rtfc.

So I Resolve Mr MultiAttack
    Play a fetch, Extra Combat Phase
    Crack fetch, +2 Combat Phase.
    Tap, Sac for DD. +3 Combat Phase
    Additional Combat phase 3, untap, get Stage.
    Additional Combat phase 2, untap, get Slayer's stronghold, make a 20/20
    Additional Combat phase 1, Untap, get steppe, if nessessary, Give haste to the 20/20, attack.
    Normal Combat phase. Attack with your remaining creatures, if nessessary.
    All you need is a Knight, the new thing, and 4 spare mana plus 3 forests/plains!

Lol, I just noticed that this card almost requires two lands to ETB in order to even function because while I was thought-experimenting I remembered that additional phases actually occur before the organic phases, which means that the untap part of this creatures ability will occur before any creatures attack, because they only untap for that phase!

500.8. Some effects can add phases to a turn. They do this by adding the phases directly after the specified phase. If multiple extra phases are created after the same phase, the most recently created phase will occur first.

Thread Information