Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Zendikar Resurgent spoilers: Eldrazi Need Not Apply

Re: Zendikar Resurgent spoilers: Eldrazi Need Not Apply

So does the spell get cast and then turn into a land after resolving? Or do you pick spell/land and play it accordingly and thats it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    So does the spell get cast and then turn into a land after resolving? Or do you pick spell/land and play it accordingly and thats it?
    The way it was told to me (and the way it makes sense) is you pick the side you want to put into play from your hand. If the card is a spell, it goes through the spellcasting steps to resolve. If it's a land, it gets the special land rules to put into play. No weird stack interactions. Just a choice from hand and then play as normal. Then to cover themselves, they say in all other instances it's the front face card for rules like tutoring and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    The way it was told to me (and the way it makes sense) is you pick the side you want to put into play from your hand. If the card is a spell, it goes through the spellcasting steps to resolve. If it's a land, it gets the special land rules to put into play. No weird stack interactions. Just a choice from hand and then play as normal. Then to cover themselves, they say in all other instances it's the front face card for rules like tutoring and whatnot.
    Thanks. I figured that was the case, but there was no text about choosing one or transforming, so I wasn't confidant on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Going to bottom of library instead of graveyard is pretty important here...if it was graveyard I think it would be bonkers, nutso powerful. As it is, will it see any play? I'm intrigued to try it in Ruby Storm.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

They could have just brought back the Duel Masters TV show which was kind of funny instead of salvaging mechanics from the rotting corpse of the card game.

While the mechanic in general as well as this card addresses one of the core issues in the game - lands vs spells / mana flood or screw - I fully expect at least 1-2 cards which will be a complete design failure.
    27 years in it's also a bit late, but since they don't print any land hate anymore in favor of more ramp and fatties I guess this makes sense.
    I hate double faced cards anyway since they are physically annoying to play with and create a lot of issues and seeing this, I'm scared what kind of nonsense they will come up next.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    They could have just brought back the Duel Masters TV show which was kind of funny instead of salvaging mechanics from the rotting corpse of the card game.

While the mechanic in general as well as this card addresses one of the core issues in the game - lands vs spells / mana flood or screw - I fully expect at least 1-2 cards which will be a complete design failure.
    27 years in it's also a bit late, but since they don't print any land hate anymore in favor of more ramp and fatties I guess this makes sense.
    I hate double faced cards anyway since they are physically annoying to play with and create a lot of issues and seeing this, I'm scared what kind of nonsense they will come up next.
    Save the most annoying DFC for when orginized play is all digital. WOTC did something....right?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Lotus Cobra reprint:
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    I fully expect at least 1-2 cards which will be a complete design failure.
    My money is on the blue one being fucking stupild.

Bloodchief's Thirst is interesting, as those cards would normally rare. Lotus Cobra being downshifted to rare is also nice.

One more toughness, but can't target yourself anymore.

That's a pretty interesting take on dual lands.

WotC also went all-in on the D&D memes. How does the party mechanic interact with Changeling (--> Mutavault?)

Edit: It's worth nothing that the spell lands bypass stuff like Oops or Goblin Charbelcher. Not sure if that's worth it, given how fast the decks need to be, but it's worth mentioning.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Anti-fetch and ramp technology.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I just watched the Zendikar CGI trailer. It's great, the entire party is SO BAD at their jobs. Nahiri stops someone from just grabbing the thing "careful" - then proceeds to immediately just grab it. LOL. Whole vid is like that.

Cool stuff, but what I really want to see is the cards with the kikor mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post

Anti-fetch and ramp technology.
    That card would be 1000x better if it worked on your lands too.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    That card would be 1000x better if it worked on your lands too.
    It's meant to be anti-landfall/anti-ramp tech. The overuse of symmetrical cards in recent years is one of the cancers that's killing Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It's meant to be anti-landfall/anti-ramp tech. The overuse of symmetrical cards in recent years is one of the cancers that's killing Magic.
    What?
    Asymmetrical effects are far worse. Playing Narset and still getting to draw is awful. Same with Teferi

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    What?
    Asymmetrical effects are far worse. Playing Narset and still getting to draw is awful. Same with Teferi
    Brainfart on my part. You're right.

But still, abusing hate cards not in the intended way is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I think you'e got that backwards. It's the overuse of asymetrical cards that's the problem. Teferi, Narset, TNN, Leovold, etc. etc. Hate cards that are symmetrical are inherently balanced by the requirement to build around them. Asymmetrical ones are just "throw it in your deck and collect free wins, LOL!"

So anyone else catch that new tutor?
    4B
    Sorcery
    Search your library for a card and put it into your hand. Costs 1 less for each party member.
    If you have a full party, cast a 4 mana or less spell from your hand without paying the cost.

Like, that might be playable?

I also like the Elf

1G
    Creature - Elf
    Counts as Wizard/Rogue/Cleric/Warrior
    Kicker 3
    If kicked, look at top 6 cards of library and put a card that shares a creature type into your hand.
    3/2

Thread Information