Thread: Erratic Red

Erratic Red

This is a noob deck. I've won quite a few games on MtgArena playing this, likely because I'm being matched with other awful noob decks - I'm in the losers' bracket (bronze rank) of constructed. I can't draft a deck to save my life.
    The strategy is to shut down your opponents early creature drops and then race to a win with pumped up walls or other synergistic red creatures.
    I would like to know how to optimize the deck for the modern format. Maybe this is the wrong website for that...anyway, here's the list:
    4x Blazing Volley - useful against weenie decks that fill the board with one toughness drops
    4x Infuriate - can be recast by arcanist
    4x Shock
    1x Chandra's Pyrohelix
    2x Dreadhorde Arcanist - opens up some very fun plays such as recasting infuriate or shock which adds counters at the same time
    4x Bonecrusher Giant - multiuse early creature
    1x Chandra's Spitfire
    4x Spellgorger Weird - I'm not sure why I'm running 4 of these. They're *fine* but there might be something better
    3x Chandra's Outrage - good for taking out midrange creatures
    3x Erratic Cyclops - it's so cool to be able to block with eight toughness and then trample with inescapable blaze
    1x Chandra's Incinerator - fun card
    3x Inescapable Blaze - finisher with a couple of erratic cyclops out
    2x Shivan Dragon - if you have the mana, good endgame card
    1x Drakuseth, Maw of Flames - can clear the board at endgame, has saved me before from a game that looked over
    23x Mountain

What cards should I minus and what should I add? Fire prophecy? Rimrock knight? A planeswalker?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by bandini; 08-07-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Thread Information