Thread: Emry Inspector

Threaded View

Nov 2017
    France

Emry Inspector

After quite some time without playing Legacy, i decided to go to a small shop tournament. I checked the meta and soon found out that i needed a new deck. As i was not expecting to be able to do great results, i decided that i would brew something.
    I did some tests and finally ended with the list below. As expected, results at the tournament were not good but the deck shown some nice potential. I am trying now to improve it and would gladly welcome advice and hints. I don't plan to obtain a tier 1 deck but something decent enough for tournament would be great.

// Emry Inspector

// 13 Artifact
    3 Mox Opal
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Lotus Petal
    3 Thorn of Amethyst

// 24 Creature
    2 Esperzoa
    2 Foundry Inspector
    3 Ethersworn Canonist
    4 Etherium Sculptor
    3 Master of Etherium
    2 Sparkhunter Masticore
    4 Emry, Lurker of the Loch
    4 Lodestone Golem

// 3 Instant
    3 Swords to Plowshares

// 20 Land
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Tundra
    4 Wasteland

// 15 Sideboard
    SB: 2 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 2 Ensnaring Bridge
    SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 2 Crucible of Worlds
    SB: 2 Phyrexian Revoker
    SB: 3 Hydroblast
    SB: 2 Disenchant

Here are some explanations :
    - The mana base : i don't like much the 12-posts mana base so i ended using steel stompy mana base. i did not play enough games to be really sure but i may need 1-2 more mana source (i mulliganed a lot for mana).
    - The prison package is quite classic and need no explanation
    - Etherium sculptor/foundry inspector : after some tests i found that the lower mana cost of sculptor was better than the higher body is inspector (i almost never used it as a beater). Those slots are a blast and let me steal many games.
    - Esperzoa : i felt that some flying creature were needed. i would love to play more of them but their drawback make that quite difficult.
    - Master of Etherium : our Tarmo and he is usually bigger.
    - Golem : a good beater with more sphere effect. If he hits the field early enough, it is game.
    - Masticore : a metagame call against Planewalker. I find it to be quite good even when no planewalker.
    - Canonist : a metagame call against combo that could go to sideboard but i quite like it MD.
    - Emry : our broken plan for the long run.
    - Swords/ratchet bomb : i needed some disruption. My first try was ratchet bomb but i was not overly fond of the results so i ended with swords that is not very good with chalice @1. I am not happy with those slots and looking for better cards there ?
    - the Sideboard : should be improved, that is just a raw one.

How do you think i can improve it (if it is worth it) ?
    Last edited by Albarkhane; 07-30-2022 at 07:41 PM.

Thread Information